How to Snazz Up Canned Tuna Without Using Mayo?

Options

Replies

• dirtbikegirl5
    dirtbikegirl5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My girls like it with thousand island dressing. I usually just throw some tomatoes in there and a little olive oil

I have also put a little relish in before. Yum.
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce tastes delicious in tuna----it sounds gross, but it's really good :)
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    okay, BUMP!
  • loisd82
    loisd82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    thyme and lemon juice season with black pepper and a tiny pinch of salt, i could eat a bowl of that alone!! xx
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    I use a bodybuilding fitness meal prep book and I use a simple method that tastes great. Get some fat free sour cream. Use that in place of mayo. Tastes great. You'll not be able to tell the difference. I do use mayo with olive oil in it - fat free. I don't think a little of it hurts. But I also use the sour cream. You can use that and fat free yogurt in place of lots of condiments.
  • loisd82
    loisd82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    thyme and lemon juice season with black pepper and a tiny pinch of salt, i could eat a bowl of that alone!! xx
    and some diced spring onions if you have them, xx
  • ItsVJ
    ItsVJ Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to share my very unique recipe, though many folks think its yucky. I add about a teaspoon of light mayo, a spoonfull of capers, a dash of lemon juice and about a teaspoon of balsamic vinegar. I guess this is a more savory recipe than others. I love it.
  • kolakross
    Options
    Oh god. Tuna has never sounded so good before... Haha.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Chopped red pepper, sliced spring onion and mix up with blue cheese dressing, yuuuuuuuuummmm!!!:tongue:
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I will add lemon juice, yogurt or sweet relish.
  • tinamatteson
    tinamatteson Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    dijon mustard or sriracha!

It is DELISH with dijon mustard!

Thanks everyone, for all the terrific suggestions! I need to go get some tuna!
  • Nic529
    Nic529 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I dont eat meat or seafood, but when I did, I never liked using mayo.. Wayyyyy too many calories and wayyyy too much fat for not alot of flavor..

I use sea salt, cracked black pepper, granulated onion and garlic and salt free seasoning.. SO YUMMY
  • KC4800
    KC4800 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I use my favorite hot peppers, chop them up, add them to the tuna with 2 TBS plain yogurt.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    i usually eat it with cottage cheese or put it in a salad. those aren't really breakfast foods but are great low cal snacks or dinners!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Holy cow how could I forget hummus? I actually make hard boiled eggs, throw away the yolk or use very little of it, then mix in a can of tuna, a couple table spoons of hummus and spoon the mixture into the boiled egg white. They are a hit at parties.
  • MissSpuggz
    MissSpuggz Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I use Low fat Salad Cream instead to add some taste or use vinegar and add diced cucumber and/or some low fat cheese crumbled up.
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    you could so the olive oil and herbs... otherwise, tuna without mayo is pretty good mixed with salsa... if you have any :) Or pico de galo or whatever that's called. lol.
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    These are such great ideas. Thanks for posting this thread!
  • k1mcat
    k1mcat Posts: 68
    Options
    Bump
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Mustard works well. You can try stuffing the tuna with the mustard in a shelled out tomato or a bell pepper, super yummy!