How to Snazz Up Canned Tuna Without Using Mayo?

Options

Replies

• Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Fresh cracked pepper and a big squeeze of lemon or lime juice.

^ I love this, and I usually add diced jalapenos to mine!

Other fun additions:
    Avocados, diced tomato, & red onion
    Nonfat plain greek yogurt
  • pnjperr
    Options
    bump
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Love these ideas! I usually use a little bit of mayo and lemon juice and pepper. I'm going to try it with just lemon juice and pepper next time! :)
  • arodriguez2
    arodriguez2 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I love this thread!! BUMP
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Avacado!! :)
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! I like sweet relish and lots of black pepper. Mustard and dill go nice together as well.
  • KCalmeyn
    KCalmeyn Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump. Some of these recipes sound so good. :smile:
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Keep the ideas flowing, peeps!
  • flstarlady65
    Options
    EVOO and balsamic vinegar. Maybe a sprinkle of garlic powder, salt and pepper.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    Someone may have posted this link but cba to read right through

Some real good ideas

http://www.fitnesstreats.com/2012/02/5-different-ways-to-eat-canned-tuna/
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Italian style--lemon, black pepper, chopped onion and sliced olives. sometimes I put grated carrot too, and celery if I have it. diced bell peppers are good, too, and capers if you have them. Basically any combination of the above ingrediants :-)

I also like a can of tuna over brown rice with some avocado and soy saue drizzled over, and a little sesame oil, too. And then I cover it in hot sauce (sriracha is great on this!) yum yum, my favorite quick meal.
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I've done the Walden Farms sweet onion dressing which is low cal & low carb. Instead of high sodium relish, I use homemade chow chow!! Chopped boiled egg whites, onions & chopped apples if I have any. YUMMO!! Get those flat outs and roll it up!! YUM!
  • ceb1920
    Options
    Now that one doesnt sound half bad, may have to try it for lunch.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Just use mayo, the real stuff, or miracle whip. It's only a tablespoon or two and easily fits into the log. Please note that if you use fat free the fat is replaced with a LOT of sugar.

Or use mustard.
  • lishwish
    lishwish Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Tuna mixed with boiled egg, a little thousand island dressing, and chopped up onion. Delicious!
  • Ironyb
    Ironyb Posts: 30
    Options
    I use either spinach dip,
    or red onions, tomatoes, garlic powder, and pepper. or
    salsa
  • Nbentz214
    Nbentz214 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt be surprised if someone already reccomended this, but I think its simple and tastes really good!

I mix a drained can of tuna with 2 egg whites (or more if you want little extra protein), add a teaspoon or tablespoon of mustard and a half a tsp of mayo (or less depending on how I feel that day). I finish off with a turn or two of cracked pepper.

In the summer time, I usually mix all that together with some type of cold elbows or couscous for a macaroni salad w/ chopped sour speared pickles...its very filling!
  • EncoreUneAutreFois
    Options
    olive oil, lemon, capers
  • Ironyb
    Ironyb Posts: 30
    Options
    Just use mayo, the real stuff, or miracle whip. It's only a tablespoon or two and easily fits into the log. Please note that if you use fat free the fat is replaced with a LOT of sugar.

Or use mustard.

I agree on the fat being replaced with sugar...