Ladies, do you wear undies when working out?

Options

Replies

• rayleansout
    Options
    no undies for me

Thank You!!
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Ugghh... I can't even imagine if I DIDN'T?! I already rock a potent swamp *kitten*... my already snail trail remains would be a fkn slip & slide on the machines.

:laugh: Ditto!
  • MoLove2025
    MoLove2025 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    its funny i saw this today.....because i was thinking this morning how many people wear undies during workouts.
    I dont think i am a fan of wearing them then cause i always get a wedgie no matter what kind i wear.

NO PANTIES DURING WORKOUTS.....THEY GET IN THE WAY!!!
  • Tybalt71
    Tybalt71 Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    My silver disco ball thong causes chaving, ohhh it burnsssssss
  • Fitfaery
    Fitfaery Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Ugghh... I can't even imagine if I DIDN'T?! I already rock a potent swamp *kitten*... my already snail trail remains would be a fkn slip & slide on the machines.

LOL!! This is me....I couldn't imagine not wearing any underwear, I sweat like crazy down there as it is when I workout...so much that if I'm wearing light colored workout pants, I look like I've pissed on myself. And the snail trail every time I get up is embarrassing....

totally me too. Glad I'm not the only one. I always wondered why I sweat so much down there?? I hate looking like I pissed on myself. I could careless about a pantyline when I'm working out. But I've worn a thong and panties in the gym. I think going commando would eventually become uncomfortable during my workout.

LOL! Snail trail! Agree with the above and plus sometimes when I jump up and down I pee a little, so an extra layer helps save the embarassment a bit!
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Yep. I wear undies. Nice ones, too! One day my pants will get loose enough to accidentally slide down while I'm on the elliptical, and when that happens, I want to be prepared.
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yes I wear panties. I could care less if people see them under my pants. But most of my workout shirts are so big now that they cover my butt.
  • corrieville
    corrieville Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Yep. I wear undies. Nice ones, too! One day my pants will get loose enough to accidentally slide down while I'm on the elliptical, and when that happens, I want to be prepared.
    That actually happened to me. That was the day I went and bought new workout bottoms lol
  • peachlow
    Options
    of course they are...lmbo because I'm just catching up & discovering "commando""....kuddos....:laugh:
    *raises eyebrow*

That's funny! I was wondering if guys were reading this for the entertainment value! :drinker:
  • CrystalMarie253
    Options

HA HA HA HA HA! Awesome!
  • CrystalMarie253
    Options

Way to be prepared! :) LOL!
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    why do people care so much about panty lines? That is silly, it is about comfort for me, no i am home and i ware shorts and athletic bra and a shrit or i may ware yoga pants. No undies... it is so much more comfy! I dont see how anyone can ware thongs? Really? to work out in? Dont they go further up in the crack? Im just saying how comfy is that? LOL

I have spent years trying to get them out of crack ,i never seen reason for thongs, Im old i guess lol
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    This is what I found...

Underwear and Exercise: Health Risks If You Wear or Go Bare

Updated 10/14/11 11:51 AM · Posted 06/14/11 3:06 AM by Jenny Sugar · 8 comments
    Fitness · healthy living · bacterial infection · feature story · underwear and exercise · vaginal infection · workout underwear · best underwear
    While halfway through my morning workout I said to my running buddy, "Dang, I shouldn't have worn this underwear!" She was surprised I was wearing any at all. That got me thinking — is it healthier to wear panties while exercising, or is going commando better for your lady business? If you do wear undies, are certain materials or styles healthier?

The combination of heat, sweat, and friction in your nether regions is not only uncomfortable, it can be unhealthy. Tight and nonbreathable clothing traps heat and moisture, which can encourage the growth of candida, and lead to an unbearable yeast infection. That's not the only thing you have to worry about. When bacteria travels from back to front, it increases your risk for contracting an uncomfortable urinary tract infection (UTI) as well. These can both be prevented if you pay special attention to what you wear below the waist.

There's a lot worth mentioning about your unmentionables, so keep reading to find out what you should be wearing when working out.

Cotton undies: Cotton is lightweight and breathable, which are both good qualities when it comes to your lady parts. Underwear made from all cotton are recommended for lighter types of exercise like yoga or strength training where you're not moving a ton. With something like running or biking, the cotton will absorb your sweat, become heavy, and shift around a lot, and could actually become irritating to your skin in that area.

Thongs: This style prevents wedgies and panty lines, but it turns out it's not the best choice health-wise. Since it's tight fitting, stays close to your body, and slides back and forth as you exercise, it's perfectly designed to move fecal bacteria to your vagina, which can lead to UTIs or vaginal bacterial infections. For your workouts, I'd say thong be gone.

Boy shorts: This undies style offers fuller coverage so it may help keep your tushy warm during colder workouts. You may not find them as comfortable though since the crotch might ride up. Extra material down there isn't good for moisture management either, so if you prefer this style, make sure they fit well and stay put when you move.

Wicking undies: Some are made of synthetic material such as nylon or polyester, while others use nature's bounty, made of comfy merino wool. These panties are specifically made to move moisture away from you sensitive parts, so you can rest easy wearing these while sweating it out, especially on longer workouts.

Bottoms with built-in wicking underwear: If your exercise shorts or pants have a wicking panel sewn in, known as a gusseted crotch, then you may wonder why anyone needs to wear undies at all. Underwear isn't necessary, but it all comes down to personal preference. If you feel more comfortable having a layer between you and your bottoms for controlling sweat or odor, it won't hurt to wear undies; just make sure they're made of breathable cotton or are designed for wicking.

Going bare: If breathability is a top concern when it comes to your special area, then wearing nothing seems like the perfect option, right? The issue with this is that if your workout bottoms don't contain a wicking panel in the crotch, you'll end up with the same problems you would if you were wearing nonbreathable undies. So check your shorts or pants before going commando.

Aside from what you wear down there, the number one way to prevent infections is to remove your sweaty clothes as soon as your workout is complete, and take a shower ASAP. Use warm water and a mild soap, and refrain from using douches, scented powders, or sprays.
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    NOW THIS IS REALLY FUNNY. LMAO - MUST READ

It’s the question that never dies.

FOR UNDERWEAR: Extra layer of absorption for all-important *kitten* Sweat Factor.

AGAINST UNDERWEAR: If *kitten* sweat isn’t a big fear for you, this is an unnecessary layer. On the converse, if *kitten* sweat is an abnormally large hazard for you, a soaked-through pair of underwear is just another wet rag on your skin. But I’ve never met anyone whose *kitten* sweated that much, and I’ve looked, believe me.

FOR: Reassuring coverage in the summer, when exercise shorts are the most comfortable thing to wear.

AGAINST: Is someone seeing your underwear really more of a dignity-saver than someone seeing some cheek? I counsel considering the shorts in this equation more than the underwear.

FOR: Snuggly protection in the winter, when you need all the encouragement you can get to haul yourself out of your warm bed.

AGAINST: Legwarmers do this just as well, and have the extra advantage of being visible so that other people at the gym can envy them. Obviously.

FOR: Safeguard against Spandex wedgies!

AGAINST: Guaranteed aggressive VPL.

FOR: Extra layer of tailbone cushioning when stretching, dancing, or doing yoga!

AGAINST: Unpredictable tendency to ride up when running. Do not, I repeat, do not wear underwear when varying running speeds (combining sprints and jogging laps, or whatever), or you’ll wind up with the waistband around your neck.

FOR: Thongs are helpful substitutes, as their main feature is being invulnerable to riding up or bunching.

AGAINST: Oh, wait, no. Their main feature is being a string up your *kitten*. Very distracting when doing pliés. Avoid.

FOR: Modesty’s sake!

AGAINST: Logic!

CONCLUSION: Don’t do it. You just don’t need it. There isn’t a big enough Spandex cameltoe in the world that could be worse than the dawning realization that, with only half a mile of your twenty laps behind you, the left side of your cotton boyshorts have huddled up tight and center while the right side have hitched themselves to your air-wicking mesh shorts and are now making a bid for freedom. It shouldn’t be physically possible, but it happens all. The. Time. Save yourself the pain.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    commando!!
  • D8tedMusik
    D8tedMusik Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    OH CRAP! Have I been sitting in Vag sweat all of this time? LOL LOL LMAO
  • moncheri80
    moncheri80 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I thought all the ladies were going to join me in stating an emphatic "Yes to undies!" I am rather surprised that some are against wearing them and believe me, I will wipe down all the machines at the gym extra well from now on!
  • Veganbambina
    Veganbambina Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    OH CRAP! Have I been sitting in Vag sweat all of this time? LOL LOL LMAO

apparently YES! Yes YOU ARE!
  • Susan_Marie67
    Susan_Marie67 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OMG..I'm dying.. this is the funniest thread I've ever read (and a wee bit gross). :laugh:
  • crimsoncat
    crimsoncat Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, this thread is fun! :bigsmile:

Yes, I wear my regular underwear because none of my shorts have a VPL. That said, I do my Pilates at home. Why? Because I'd rather just wear a sports bra and undies. No pants.

Actually, that was a ton of fun when my old roommates would have their friends over. I liked to exercise in the living room because it was the only place I could swing my legs out far enough to get a good work out in. Luckily, my housemates we very understanding and willing to work with me. We talked it out and we came up with a simple solution. Every time a stranger came to the door of our all girl house (6 people), I would hear "CAN I GET A PANTS CHECK?" shouted through the house. I was my job to respond "CLEAR" if I was wearing pants, or to shout "HOLD ON" and race to my room as needed.