What was the first excercise video you ever did?

Options

Replies

• semeyer
    semeyer Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I can remember back in high school my mom used to have Richard Simmons Sweatin to the Oldies and I used to work out to those. My daughter is only 14 (well she will be on Monday) but she uses my Leslie Sansone WATP's videos. Guess those would be her "firsts." So what was yours?

^^^ This! I used to do mt mom's richard simmons workouts for fun when I was little because I thought it was just like dancing around! I wonder if she still has the tapes, I would like to try it now that I'm older! :bigsmile:
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Insanity (Feb 2011)
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I did Jillian Michaels' (boy, would that be a wild ride) 30 Day Shred. Then graduated to Insanity.
  • Amber50lbsDown
    Amber50lbsDown Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    It was Cher , I did it with my Mom when I was a teen and she lost me at the Pony. lmoa
  • ehsquared
    ehsquared Posts: 42
    Options
    Tae Bo!
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Anybody remember The Grind? It was a dance show that came on MTV hosted by Eric Nies. The Grind workout video was the first exercise video I did because of the dancing. It was definitely a workout and fun. It got boring once I memorized the entire routine though.

My first was Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies...my mom had them and I loved them. The first I purchased myself was MTV's: The Grind with Eric Nies! Loved it!!!
  • kazzari
    kazzari Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Jane Fonda's original WORKOUT in 1983 right after my first son was born! I acquired quite a collection after that.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    OMG....my mom totally had the Sweatin' to the Oldies! I used to do that all the time. Not necessarily sure it was my first, but it is definitely one of the first I remember! LOL :)
  • rkleine74
    rkleine74 Posts: 19
    Options
    Mine was also Sweatin' to the Oldies with my mom when I was 14. I still like it! Richard Simmons has a great heart for people who don't always get the respect they deserve. I admire him greatly for everything he does for people who struggle with their weight.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Mine was the Sweatin to the Oldies videos, I never really liked them. The first ones I ever used and liked and stil are my favorite are the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos. Back when I first started using them they were called walk away the pounds. Her videos get better and more varied the newer they are.
    I also use Zumba videos and tried the 30 day shred. I like the Zumba videos, but the 30 day shred worked very well, but couldn't do forever.
  • 012345emma
    012345emma Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    mine was cindy crawfordws shape your body i was about 14 and it was on video .i thought it was that good that i searched the internet after having my son last year and was able to get it on dvd .think it needs coming back out the cupboard now lol
  • kazzari
    Options
    :happy: Believe it or not, mine was Cher. Shes so freakin' awesome!!

I had that one, too! I love Cher.
  • amyvandyke
    amyvandyke Posts: 13
    Options
    I used to watch the PBS work out segments with each person doing a different level of intensity on platforms! But in the late 90's I got Billy Blanks' Tae Bo and that was the first time I was ever in shape! Thanks, Billy!
  • kazzari
    Options
    None, exercising in front of a tv just doesn;t seem like something that would interest me. Seems to be extremely popular.

It was a great option when I was a stay at home mom with lots of babies and desperate to lose the baby weight. I have not done one in years, now.
  • mtaylor1980
    mtaylor1980 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A Dennis Austin video! Back in the early 2000's I think. I had to mute her after a while.....
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My exercise days go back to before there were home videos to exercise to!

My first at home exercise program: Exercise with Gloria (my mom gave me her old LP & instruction book)

Then in the early 80's I started working out to: Carol Hensel's Exercise and Dance Program (also an LP and instruction book)

and then, when I got a VCR, I graduated to Richard Simmon's Sweating to the Oldies!
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Taebo Power & Taebo Cardioexpolsion
  • devonette
    devonette Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I nearly forgot -- after I had my first child in 1993, I recorded Cynthia Kereluk's Everyday Workout off the TV, and after we put the little guy to bed my husband and I would exercise with Cynthia! She was so much fun, and we learned to count in different languages as we got in shape!
  • AshleeOllmann
    Options
    My mother has pics of me at age 3 working out to Tony Danza. She tells me that I would also do the Jack Lelaine(probably not spelled right) program though I don't remember that one. She actually brought this up at my daughter's 2nd birthday party last month. Those were however both on regular TV.
  • kazzari
    Options
    My mother has pics of me at age 3 working out to Tony Danza. She tells me that I would also do the Jack Lelaine(probably not spelled right) program though I don't remember that one. She actually brought this up at my daughter's 2nd birthday party last month. Those were however both on regular TV.

I remember doing Jack LaLane with my mom when I was six and seven. Oh yeah, soup can kickbacks and she had the resistance bands.