Options

Replies

• davidclooney
    Options
    I prefer salty

LOL
  • elcyclista
    Options
    I find it awkward when older ladies call me that.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I hate being called "Ma'am" - other than that, people can call me whatever they want to (although I do love the rare occasion when someone throws my middle name in with my first, just because it makes me feel girlier)
  • elcyclista
    Options
    Actually I don't mind being called that but I find it strange from strangers.
  • godricshollow
    godricshollow Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'd give anything for River Song to call me sweetie :love:

tumblr_ly9mpvSOvM1qf1qhm.gif
  • BarefootBrendan
    Options
    I said Pet, I said love, I said darl, I said sweetie, I said hun, I said.......:flowerforyou:
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    I love being called "hun!" It makes me feel like I'm a member of an ancient Mongolian horde, terrorizing Mulan while plundering and pillaging my way through life. :-)
    ha. don't know whether that was sarcastic or not. funny though :)
  • Rachiewoowoo
    Options
    wow, seeing the difference in responses makes me nervous. I almost always call people, honey, hun, sweetheart, sweetie, etc. (don't remember ever calling anyone darling tho) and I NEVER mean it condescendingly. So I am either really sweet or really creepy!
    Ha, ikr! People see it so differently :laugh:
    but it definitely differs from situation to situation :)
  • erilynbmore
    erilynbmore Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm southern and live in Texas so I hear it and say it a lot. lol
    As long as you don't call me ma'am I'm okay.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    It makes me feel very loved ^^
    (from females though - from any other male than my boyfriend.. it's a little creepy:indifferent: )

What do you guys (as in all of you c:) like being called?

Funny. My last boss would call female servers hun or sweetie and male servers "chief". We all teased him about it too.
  • CarolinaGirlinVA
    CarolinaGirlinVA Posts: 1,512 Member
    Options
    I like terms of endearment, but I hate to be called ma'am by anyone over the age of 18. I expect it from my kids, not the cute bartender. I used to hate to be called babe, but lately it has grown on me. Unfortunately, other than my name, the only other thing my husband calls me is "hey". (at least to my face) :indifferent:
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My husband calls me hun, sexy, babe, and hot pants (<---- this one is my favorite) :heart:
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I like terms of endearment, but I hate to be called ma'am by anyone over the age of 18. I expect it from my kids, not the cute bartender. I used to hate to be called babe, but lately it has grown on me. Unfortunately, other than my name, the only other thing my husband calls me is "hey". (at least to my face) :indifferent:

ANYONE hoping for a tip should know better than to call anyone ma'am! :laugh: Though seriously, the last time a cashier tried to card me when I was buying wine, I nearly jumped the conveyor belt to try to hug him.
  • Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm southern and live in Texas so I hear it and say it a lot. lol
    As long as you don't call me ma'am I'm okay.

I second that. I hate being called ma'am. I'm not that old.
  • alyson820
    alyson820 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh, when people call me hun or sweety I want to punch them. it seems so patronizing to me :(

I like being called by my name
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i love that too >-< I love when women especially are like, "its okay sweetie. Hey honey" etc >-< it makes me feel so warm and fuzzy...

ps: I HATE when people call me "lady" though <-< I have friends who do that...I know they dont hate me...so maybe its just me...cant stand it though <-<
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    My special someone calls me bb or bebe (Spanish for baby) & I like it. I hate it when someone who isn't special calls me love, sounds like they're up for some intimacy.
  • insaneandroid
    Options
    lol, for me it's kind of a compliment but only when I think about it for a while. I don't usually mind it if it's in a friendly way but when it's a stranger passing by I kind of get disgusted/freaked out. But then I'm like oh someone thought I was sweet or hot or whatever.
  • osualex
    osualex Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm weird but I HATE it when women call me hun or sweety or anything even remotely like that. I find it condescending, it's one of my biggest pet peeves.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Hubs calls me Jen, Jenny when he's pissed. Idk. No one calls me anything. I call people sweets and babe and gorgy and the list goes on... all the time!!!!!

Oh my girls here call me JB....it's a term of endearment I hold very close to my heart...I guess that counts!!!!!