Whats your FAVORITE snack that isn't a veggie or fruit?

Options

Replies

• amazon75
    amazon75 Posts: 165
    Options
    My favorites right now....

String cheese
    Hardboiled egg
    Hummus and pita chips...is hummus a vegetable?

And my biggest favorite right now that I'm recommending to all those chocolate people out there. One envelope of diet hot cocoa mix(or reg depending where you're at for calories) and some vanilla protein powder(I use 1/3 a scoop) and then 12 oz of water. Just mix the hot cocoa mix and protein powder first, I found the protein powder dissolves better that way. It's sooo delicious and filling at the same time. It's good mixed in coffee too!

So many mention hummus, but I have never tried it. Any ideas on what to look for, best kinds, etc./

I like Sabra plain hummus. It can be found in the refrigerated cases in the deli section of the grocery store.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    The only snacks I have are fruit, mainly oranges.
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Those 100 calorie snack packs.

Yes they're tiny, yes they're empty calories, but sometimes a little something sweet is all you need to satisfy the urge before you binge.

Agreed. Love the pretzel-chip ones for a little salty goodness. :)
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I also love the Sabra hummus, but of course it's the most expensive. :) I like the garlic hummus, and eat it with baby carrots or red pepper strips. Yummmmmmm!!!!:heart:
  • Hot4Grad
    Options
    My go-to snacks are:

Almonds
    Pop chips
    Mini marshmallows (just a handful)
    Cheerios
    Yogurt
    Low-calorie cranberry juice slush (juice + crushed ice)
    Skinny cow frozen desserts

So yum! :love:
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    3 tbs popcorn popped with 1 tbs oilive or grapeseed oil and some kettle corn salt or butter salt
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    Salted popcorn and mini BabyBel light cheese.
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Special K Cracker Chips (27 chips for 110 calories) and comes in several flavors (Sea Salt, Cheddar Cheese, Sour Cream & Chives, Southwest Ranch<<<<< {my personal favorite}

Diamond 100 calorie pack of Dark Chocolate Toasted Almonds

Sabra Hummus Singles

Cheerios - I like almost every kind...haven't tried the peanut butter flavor yet
  • NellaSweet
    Options
    Dried fruits (prunes, dates raisins) way tasty especially if u are a sugar junkie like I am ;-)
  • elizabeth51608
    elizabeth51608 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Oikos FF vanilla yogurt + a few raspberries

1/2 cup cottage cheese + a couple tablespoons of SF fruit spread (strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, etc.)

A slice of Ezekiel bread + 1/2 ounce slice of LF or FF cheese, toasted

Pure Protein Chocolate Shake...tastes like chocolate milk :)

Unsweetened dried cranberries + dark chocolate chips

Small mixed plate--pita chips, olives, pickles, 1-2 ounces of lean meat cubes (Cheese cubes if you want, I usually omit to save calories)
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My favorites right now....

String cheese
    Hardboiled egg
    Hummus and pita chips...is hummus a vegetable?

And my biggest favorite right now that I'm recommending to all those chocolate people out there. One envelope of diet hot cocoa mix(or reg depending where you're at for calories) and some vanilla protein powder(I use 1/3 a scoop) and then 12 oz of water. Just mix the hot cocoa mix and protein powder first, I found the protein powder dissolves better that way. It's sooo delicious and filling at the same time. It's good mixed in coffee too!

So many mention hummus, but I have never tried it. Any ideas on what to look for, best kinds, etc./
    Hummus is the best! <3
    If you own a blender or food processor, I'd recommend just making your own. It's cheaper, and probably has a LOT less salt and undesirables... I don't know for sure because I've never bought any pre-made, but processed food is processed food.
    You can find a huge variety of recipes online that'll can include anything from sesame to mint -- even recipes that make it taste like chocolate chip cookie dough! My personal favorite it a simple hummus -- chickpeas, lemon juice, garlic, and a little bit of salt, pepper, and paprika. Just Google some recipes, you're sure to find something you like (:
  • Single_Ma
    Options
    White Chocolate PB with Pretzel Crisps
    Babybel cheese with Wheat Thins or Pretzel Crisps
    Sweet roasted red pepper hummus with Pretzel Crisps
    Honey roasted peanuts
    S'mores and chocolate chip chewy granola bars
    And of course, lots of fruit.

All between 100-200 cals, depends on if I stick to the serving size.
  • Fretzy
    Options
    trail mix, rice cakes and the occasional popcorn. My recipe: heat a bit of olive oil in a pot, throw in salt while it heats, pop your popcorn kernals but just before they pop throw on any spice you want (white cheddar) and it cooks into the popcorn. No need for any extra butter or salt.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Low fat popcorn. Everyday
  • dianellen54
    Options
    Thanks for all of the ideas! I just went on sort of a "binge" and ate an Adkins Carmel chocolate nut roll (which tastes JUST like a Baby Ruth!) , then a sweet and salty almond granola bar, 9 Hershey's kisses and 4 Biscoff cookies! BAD, BAD, BAD! Should have read this message board first!!! :)
  • _CiaoParis
    Options
    Peach yogurt, almonds, pistachios, Special K multi grain crackers, & kettle corn.
  • itsuki
    itsuki Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    A nice sharp cheese. Yum.

Getting rather fond of those new special k cracker chips (especially the sour cream and onion ones!)

Garlic + parmesean pretzel crisps.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Jello temptations
    sunflower seeds
    almonds
    pistachios
    string cheese
    laughing cow cheese wedge with crackers (right now i have Reduced Fat Ritz on hand)
    sunchips if I need a crunchy snack
    vitatops with a smidge of reddi wip
    My fave post workout snack is greek yogurt with 1 scoop protein powder.
  • Jschweiger03
    Options
    I miss things that are crunchy so I cut my string cheese in half (lengthwise) and put it in a long celery stalk. Delish!
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    1 oz. Cabot extra sharp cheddar cheese! That's my absolute favorite!

I also really like Great Value (walmart brand) light nonfat banana cream pie yogurt and garlic and parsley wheat thins (the long, flat ones) with oscar meyer chicken and garden veggie cream cheese! 3 of those for only 155 calories!