Questions For Married Folks (For A Class - Help Appreciated)

Options

Replies

• KellyKAG
    KellyKAG Posts: 418
    Options
    Engaged at 25. Married at 26. Dated for 2 years before getting engaged. Married for 10 years and still togeter (barely).
  • secostley
    secostley Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    How old was I when I got engaged: 29
    How long had you been together before getting engaged?: 4 years
    How old were you when you got married? 31
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Yes, 15 years
  • MissSaraSunshine
    Options
    Met my husband in august of 2006. He was 16 and I was 15. We got engaged in March of 2010 and married June of 2010 (short engagement because he was leaving for the army. But we have been together for going on 6 years ;) and It's been amazing!
  • Renee0608
    Options
    I was 23 and he was 26 when we got engaged. We were only together for 9 months when we got engaged.I was 24 and he was 27 when we got married, and we will be celebrating our 5 year anniversary in May:)
  • 608peg
    608peg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Met I was 19; he was 20

Engaged 4 months later

Married 2 months later

No I was not PG...LOL

Together this year will be 45 yrs..wow where does the time go
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Engaged at 16 and married at 17. Yes there was a baby involved. Yes we are still happily married 9 years and 2 more kids later.
  • h0t_m0m
    h0t_m0m Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? I was 24.

How long had you been together before getting engaged? We were together for 1 year and 10 months.

How old were you when you got married? We were engaged Nov 15, 2001 and got married April 12, 2002. I was 24.

Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Yes, we will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary this April!
  • bcr1559
    bcr1559 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I was 16 and my husband was 17 when we started dating. We broke up when we were both 18 and started seeing each other again when I was 20. We Got engaged When I was 21 and he was 22. Married when we were 23. We have been married 3 1/2 years.
  • Ferbabe
    Ferbabe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!

Engaged at 20.
    Friends for 3 years, dated for 6 months, engaged for 18 months.
    Married at 22.
    Still together after 10.5 years
  • rschmmidt
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? 29
    How long had you been together before getting engaged? 2 years
    How old were you when you got married? 30... and I was never sorry that I waited until I was "older"...
    Are you still together? yes! We've been together 22 wonderful years.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    We were engaged at 20 years old... had been together since we were 14 (with no other dating)... married at 23... and we'll be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary on May 8th. :heart:
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? I was 25 he was 28

How long had you been together before getting engaged? We dated for the first time the summer between my 11th and 12th grade yrs in high school. From there we dated on and off before getting married, but for the most part always stayed friends in between. The time we dated before getting married we dated for 2.5 months before he proposed.

How old were you when you got married? I was 26 he was 29

Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Still happily together, we were married Aug 2008. Four years this August.
  • frycase
    Options
    I'm a little fuzzy on parts of this. I know we dated for about 3 years before we got engaged, that we were engaged for a little less than a year, and that I was 20 and he was 22 when we got married. It's been 5 and a half years now, and against all odds, we still like each other. :D We got married young by most people's standards, and it's certainly not for everyone, but I still say it's the smartest thing I ever did.
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    As a girl, I got engaged when I was 20 (my spouse was 23).
    We were together a little over a year, half of that in a long-distance relationship, before we got engaged.
    We got married when I was 20 and he was 24.
    We've been married 18 years, and still together!
  • AngelTwin27
    AngelTwin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We had been together for 5 years when we got engaged - I was 24 and he was 26, we got married just over a year later (aged 25 & 27) and will celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary in two weeks!

So, we've been together for over 10 years in total! :-)
  • inchestopinch
    inchestopinch Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!

We were 23 when we got engaged in 2009, We had been together for 6 1/2 years before getting engaged (yes I waited patiently lol) ((We started dating *the second time around* May 2003. 24 When we got married (March 2011), and yep still together :) I don't think we'll be going anywhere especially since we waited so long before even getting married!! Could have asked to marry anybody else ~ we are best friends.
  • verapamil
    Options
    Got together 1-2-3

Got engaged Oct 2003 (my age 22, his 24)

Got married (finally!) Jan 2-12 (age 29 and 31)

Happily married for 1 month and 17 days now
  • AlyAnt26
    Options

I was 25 when I got engaged (he was 27). We got engaged one month before our 10th year anniversary of being a couple. Got married the following year at 26 years old on the day after our 11th anniversary. We're coming up on our one year wedding anniversary, which seems silly to "Start over" with counting, lol.
  • sansouchi1050
    Options

I was 18 when I met and married my husband. We knew each other for three months before we were engaged. We we married 6 months later. We will celebrate our 20th anniversary in August of 2012.
  • katiesmama06
    Options

We met in April of 2007, he was 31, I was 26. Started dating in September, 2007. Moved in together in March of 2008, got engaged In August of 2008, I was 27 and he was 32. Married February, 2009, I was 28 and he was 33. Just celebrated our third anniversary.