Questions For Married Folks (For A Class - Help Appreciated)

Options

Replies

• cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    A) How old were you when you got engaged? I was 29, he was 28

B)How long had we been together before becoming engaged? 11 1/2 years

C)How old were we when we got married? We were both 29

D)Are we still together? (If so how long?) Yes. Married 1 1/2 years, together 13 years
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    We dated for 5 years, was engaged 6mo and have been married for 14 years, very happily! I was 29 my hubby was 43
  • PhoenixBlaise
    PhoenixBlaise Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!

When we got engaged, I was 30, my husband was 30. When we got married I was 31 and he was 30. We'd been together just over 2 years (but best friends for 20 years). We're still happily married and it's been 1 year and 8 months
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged?17

How long had you been together before getting engaged? 8 months (it was rushed, he was deploying)

How old were you when you got married?19

Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Yes we are still together, we are a few months from our 5 year wedding anniversary (been together 7yrs)
  • CLotfy
    CLotfy Posts: 31
    Options
    * Met my husband when I was 17 and him 21.
    * We got engaged after 2 years of dating.
    * When we got married I was 20 and him 24, we had been together a little over 3 years at the time.
    * I am now 26, him 30, and we're coming up on our 6th wedding anniversary this year.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged?
    No engagement, got married on a whim after a few drinks while away.

How long had you been together before getting engaged?
    See above

How old were you when you got married?

Are you still together (if so, for how long)?
    Yes, our 18th wedding anniversary is in April. We're an anomaly, I believe.
  • LSHANDREW
    Options
    met at and engaged at 19 (he was 23), married at 20, first kid at 22 and now we have been together for 7years
  • CharlottetheHarlot
    Options
    I was 28 when my now husband proposed. We got married a year later (29 years old). We had been together for 9 years (with a brief hiatus). I am proud to say that this year marks our fifth wedding anniversary and our sons' fourth birthday! Best of luck with your class.

Kelly
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!

I was 30 when I got engaged. We had been together for 10 months before getting engaged. I was 31 when I got married. We are still together, we've been married for 11.5 years.
  • carlyholly
    Options
    We met in January of 2009; I had just turned 20, he was 22. Started dating in April of 2009, and were engaged 11 months later in March of 2010. We were married August 2010 (I was 21, he was 24), and are still very happily together! :)
  • fishercarrie
    Options
    Met when we were he was 25 and I was 26, got engaged after 2 years so 27 and 28 and married in 06 at 28, 29. We are still married today with 3 children and it will be 6 years this March.
  • TTHdred
    TTHdred Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    A) How old were you when you got engaged? I was 24, he was 23

B)How long had we been together before becoming engaged? We knew each other for 3 months before getting engaged. We were "engaged" for about 3 hours!

C)How old were we when we got married? same as A

D)Are we still together? (If so how long?) Yes. Married 8 years

Good luck on your class!:flowerforyou:
  • ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 163
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married?

Let's see I was 24 when I got engaged we'd been together for about 1 1/2 before getting engaged. We were engaged for a year and got married at 25 for me and 27 for him. We're still together have been together for a little over a year. We celebrate 4 years of togetherness total in August.
  • malu8
    malu8 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I meet my husband in October 1983 got engaged 2 weeks later and got married in Feburary 18,1984 we have 8 children and yesterday we celebrated our 28th wedding anniversery....
  • mandamama
    Options
    I was 20 he was 19 when we got together,2001.. We had our first daughter (planned) in 2004..engaged 2005... married 2007. second daughter 2010 , still together :) 5 years married this year, 11 years together in sept :D
  • PrincessLou71186
    PrincessLou71186 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    We met April 2005
    Started dating May 2005 (I was 18 years and 6 months [born Nov 1986], he was 20 years and 2 months [born March 1985]). AFTER 2 WEEKS KNOWING EACH OTHER
    Moved in together May 2005 AFTER 3 WEEKS DATING
    Engaged August 2006 AFTER 15 MONTH LIVING DATING
    Married Nov 2008 (Day after my 22nd) TOGETHER FOR 3.5 YEARS
    In April we have known each other for 7 years and still as madly in love as we were back then.
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options

what class is this for? curious.

engaged at age 32
    married at 33
    still together.
    together for 11 years, married for 6.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

26 (engaged) we were together on/off for 3 years before that, I was 30 when I got married, been married for 9 years Feb 22nd.
  • shefury
    shefury Posts: 56 Member
    Options

I was 20. he was 26.....we were 2 years together...married at 21. Still together...June 7th will be 15 years married. I love him so much. Screw the married young sucks folks.
  • pearsy67
    pearsy67 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? both 22

How long had you been together before getting engaged? we met in high school, started going out the year after that so 3-4 years?

How old were you when you got married? both 23

Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Still together, 22 years later.

So soppy :-)