Questions For Married Folks (For A Class - Help Appreciated)

Options

Replies

• petersoncl
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? 40
    How long had you been together before getting engaged? 5 years and not living together
    How old were you when you got married? 41
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Very much together and happy after 10 1/2 years of marriage.
  • mandicole
    Options
    I got engaged at age 20, after being with him for about eight months. We got married about a month and a half after that. <3 We've been married for a week and a half! :) (John and I moved in together two weeks into the relationship!)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? 24

How long had you been together before getting engaged? Dating a couple of months, knew each other for a couple of years.

How old were you when you got married? 24
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Yes, married 16 years as of this past January
  • jenuhfur
    Options
    I was 20 when we got engaged, he was 23. We had been together for 2 years, and had lived together for over a year. I was 21, and he was 25 when we got married. And we are still together, almost 2 years later.
  • tnrunningnurse
    tnrunningnurse Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I was 15 and he was 17 when we started dateing. We knew each other 11 months and got engaged. Got married when I was 18 and he was 20. We will be celebrating our 29th anniversary this summer.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!

Engaged: Me-31, him-30.
    Together 6 months as a couple, best friends for 5 years
    Married: Me-32, him-31
    Still together: 13 years in March
  • laughingnome
    laughingnome Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    met my husband at work in a dentist office in 81, moved in together shortly after got engaged in 86, got married in 89, still happily married with 2 kids one grand daughter still so in love I was engaged at 32 married at 33 baby at 35
  • span74
    span74 Posts: 32
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!

Umm was 28 when i got engaged. We had been together 8 years. I was 29 when i got married and we are still together 7 years later
  • Graciecny
    Options
    We were both 32 when we got engaged, had been together 4 years prior to that. We married the following year and we've been married for almost 13 years now.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

1.5 years
    Yes, married 7 years, together 10.
  • zambodiare
    Options
    My husband and I met in May of 2007 at the burial of my best friend's mother. Yep....my best friend is his cousin. Anyway...I was 26, he was 44. We became engaged when I was 29, June 2010. We married September 2011 and are withstanding all that life throws at us! Even with the age difference, which some people have a really hard time accepting.
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    We got engaged when I was 29 and he was 24 we got married the same year. We had been together for 3 years. We have been together for 19 years.
    I had been married previously, married at 21 together for 6 years at that point and marriage lasted 5 years. So, 11 years total relationship. Too young....
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Age at engagement: 25
    We were together for 1 year before we got engaged.
    I got married at 26.
    Still together (4 years in relationship, 1.5 years married)
  • softwind
    softwind Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? 23 for me, 27 for him
    How long had you been together before getting engaged? almost a year
    How old were you when you got married? 24 for me, 27 for him
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Yes, about to have our 13th anniversary next month
  • Michelle7897
    Michelle7897 Posts: 108 Member
    Options

I met my husband June 13, we were engaged August 6, and we were married September 12. This was all in 1997, it happened pretty fast! We are still very happily married almost 14 and a half years later with two kids. He was 24 and I was 18 at the time.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Engaged- 21, him 22
    Engaged 2 weeks.
    married same age.
    Married 5 years in may.
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    We met at the end of my freshman year at college in 2006 (I was 18, almost 19, he was 19 almost 20). We moved in together a year and 2 months later in 2007. He proposed right before I graduated in Dec. of 2008 (me: 21, him: 22). We got married in April of 2010 (me: 22, him: 23). We will be married for 2 years this April (me: 24, him: 25).
  • angelicazaldivar
    angelicazaldivar Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was 18 when I got married and was engaged for 1 year, so i was 17 when i got engaged. we have been married for a total of 6 years and together 8. :)
  • Lusadi
    Lusadi Posts: 79
    Options
    We were together 2 years. Got engaged at 27 and got married three weeks later, been married 10 years.
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Met my hubs when I was 28, he was 24. Got engaged x-mas 4 years later and married 10 months later. We are going on our third year of bliss.