Questions For Married Folks (For A Class - Help Appreciated)

Options

Replies

• Shazzylee
    Shazzylee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    When we got Engaged: I was 18 he was 20 (2000)
    We had been together for 13 months before getting engaged
    Got married when I was 21 he was 22, it was a month before his 23 birthday (2003)
    We are still together, and happy, and will be celebrating our 9th Wedding anniversary in August, with our three kids :)
  • llamalland
    llamalland Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I was 26, he was 37. We'd only known each other about 2 months before he asked me to marry him, got married 3 months after that. Been married for almost 31 years. Would I do it that way again? No. But on the other hand I wouldn't change anything either, because of our 2 sons. They are exactly who I want them to be...
  • sarahgilmore
    sarahgilmore Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged?19
    How long had you been together before getting engaged? 1 year
    How old were you when you got married? 20 (just - 4 days after my 20th birthday)
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Yes nearly 10 years together and about 8 1/2 years married
  • 57rainbows
    57rainbows Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    "How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!"

We were both 23 when we got engaged. We had been together for 5 months at that point. When we got married we were still both 23 and had been together for just 6 months, because he was going to be deployed over our original wedding date. In our original plan we would have both been 24, and together for a year. We are still together, coming up on two months! Totally newlyweds still. He'll be deployed soon.
  • Showcats
    Options
    Met when I was 32 and he was 33
    Engaged 3 months later
    Married 3 months after that - I was 33 and he was 34
    Celebrated our 15th anniversary in December
  • carolinagirl7
    carolinagirl7 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    When we met I was 33 and he was 37 in Nov 2005
    Engaged March 2006 (4 months after meeting)
    Married Nov 2007 when I was 35 and he was 39
    Married for 4 years and yes we are still together :smile:
  • harrisa
    harrisa Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Engaged - age 24
    We'd been together for a year
    Married age 24 (almost 25)
    Yep, still together , we've been married 34 years (together 36 years)
  • patiblue
    Options
    My hubby and I met in highschool when I was 15. We got engaged with I was 18, married at 20, and have been married for 16 years so far! 4 kids and a happily ever after. <3
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!

How old were you when you got engaged? - 23

How long had you been together before getting engaged?- 4 years

How old were you when you got married? - 23 (mom had terminal cancer so we moved the wedding up)

Are you still together (if so, for how long)? - yup, will be 10 years in December married, 14 years together!
  • Lynschell
    Lynschell Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The First time

How old were you when you got engaged? 17
    How long had you been together before getting engaged? approx 4 months I guess
    How old were you when you got married? 17
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Heck NO!!!! Technically we were married a year and 3 months...but only together 6 months or so.

For those of you wondering, Yes I was pregers when I got married.

This time

We met May 2004 Me 20, Him 19
    Moved in together July 04
    Got engaged April 05 Me 21 him 20
    Married November 05 both 21

Still together!!!! :) 8 years later, Married for a little over 6 years
  • goodmans90
    goodmans90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hello, I was 20, my spouse was 19 when we got engaged. We were only engaged for 9 months( and doesn't have anything to do with anything, like a baby either!!!) So, I was 21 when we married, he was 20. We have been happily married for almost 22 years. Two kids one age 9, and the other 7. Hope this helps:happy:
  • abbybean11
    abbybean11 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    When we got engaged I was 20 and he was 22, we had been dating for a year and a half. Got married when I was 21 and he was 22. We've been married for almost a year now.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Engaged @ 27 years old (dating 3 months)

Married @ 29 - 2 years after we met

Now 31 - happily married 2.5 years
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I was 19 he was 21 he proposed 6 weeks after we met in London (I lived 200 miles away) married 12 months later been together 43 and half years . There will always be rough patches to go with the smooth, ups and downs, give and take and a loving journey together!

wow, I think you win, lol
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    together one month when engaged, married 3 months later. I was 23 he was 32. We are still together, our 8 year wedding anniversary is March 13 no kids yet
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    first time engaged at 17 married at 18, divorced at 28.
    met 2nd husband at 28 5 weeks later, met in person, 4 months later married 12 years now.
  • AngelaChase84
    Options
    23 and 26 when engaged, had been dating 8ish years a little on and off...have now been married 3 years : )
  • Crashley04
    Options
    First Time

Met: summer of '98, we were both 12
    Lost touch
    Met again June '02, I was 15, he was 16
    Sarted Dating March '03, we were both 16.
    Engaged late '03 or early '04 (can't remember) We were both 17, we had dated about a year
    Married April 2005, He was 19 I was 18, we were engaged a little over a year.
    We separated Oct 2005, both 19, only married 6 mos.
    Divorced July 2007
    Together total 2 years 7 mos

Second Time

We met July 2005: I was almost 19 he was 23

Started Dating Officially: Nov 2005, knew each other 4 mos. I was 19 he was 24.

Here's where it gets tricky: We got pregnant Dec 2005, welcomed our baby Aug 2006, bought a house Nov 2006, and started planning the Wedding for July 2007.

Technically engaged (he got the ring and "popped the question"): May 2007, so I guess we "dated" for 1 yr 5 mos

Married July 2007: I was 20 he was 25. So we were technically engaged 2 mos. Still married, 4 yrs 7 mos.

So been together total about 6 yrs 4 mos.
  • Ociases
    Ociases Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was 19 and in college when he proposed to me. He was 2 years older than me and we had been dating for just under a year. We waited until he graduated to get married almost 5 years ago so we've been married 5 years in June and together for a total of 9 years. (Yes we're still together) I was 22 when we got married.
  • Bahet
    Bahet Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!
    Got engaged on my 23rd birthday. We'd been together for 3 years, 10 months. Got married when I was 23 (7 months after getting engaged). Still together 22 years total and our 19th wedding anniversary is this May.