Questions For Married Folks (For A Class - Help Appreciated)

Options

Replies

• Aleciajones
    Options
    Got engaged at 18
    Were together for 6mo
    Got married a 18, he was 22
    Still together-8yrs
  • minnesota_deere
    minnesota_deere Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!

both of us 34 yrs old, met on eharmoney november 2006, engaged april 2007, had kid 11/07, married 9/08.
  • katwj76
    katwj76 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    It's so nice to see all the people happily married. I love MFP!
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    30 when met in July 2006... engage 3 months later still in Oct 2006 at 30 ( he was 36). We married 0 week shy of a year after our engagement in September 2007.... we are still together
  • wdruker
    wdruker Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? I was 28
    How long had you been together before getting engaged? 11 months
    How old were you when you got married? I was 29
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? 15 years
  • akjstyles
    akjstyles Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? 18 years old
    How long had you been together before getting engaged? 2 months, I know short amount of time to be together but sometimes you really do just know...
    How old were you when you got married?22
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Yes we are still together, have been together for 15 years and will be married for 12 years come June.
  • Fitfaery
    Fitfaery Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Um...I got engaged 2 months after getting together with my now ex husband. I had been trying to get his attention for about 6 month before this. We were married within 18 months - I was 24. We seperated after 3 and a half years and divorced after 4 and a half.

I am currently engaged. We had been together for 15 months before this engagement. We have been together for 3 years now and are in no rush to sign the official papers. Even discussing just getting my name changed by deedpoll instead of tying the knot officially.

Hope this helps x
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? 18 he was 20
    How long had you been together before getting engaged?Just over 2 years
    How old were you when you got married? 20
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Yep, still together.:happy: :happy: I turn 44 at the end of the month = almost 28 years!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • twilighttabby
    twilighttabby Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was 14 when my husband and I got together. We was together for 2 years before we got married. I was 16. We are still HAPPILY MARRIED and still very much in love!!!!!
  • SONIA820
    SONIA820 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!

Well I met hubby in high school and we dated THEN but it wasn't very long ( he rode the school bus with me and only lived a quarter mile away!) Met him again in 2003 found out I was pregnant in 2004 was married in 2004 ( we really didn't have a real engagement and was married in November of 2004. We will be celebrating 8 years married in November of this year!! :) It all moved VERY VERY fast, but it has worked really well for us! :) I was 22.
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? 20 (she was 19)

How long had you been together before getting engaged? 2 1/2 years

How old were you when you got married? 22

Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Happily married for 36 1/2 years :love:

Hope this helps with your research!
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I was 23 when I got engaged. We had been together for 5 months. We've been married for 20 years last August.
  • ginncjb
    ginncjb Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Met my husband when I was 21 & he was 20. Met in March & married in September that same year. Will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary this fall. :heart:
  • mrswright71
    Options
    We were both 28 when we met in June 2008. We never really became officially engaged - we just said "let's get married" (no ring or actual proposal) one day in November. We had a civil ceremony 2 weeks later. So, met and married in 6 months, and we've been married a little over 3 years now.
  • annissa19
    annissa19 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I was 25, he was 35. Met, engaged and married within 30 days. Married for 10 years. Divorced now but....
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    We were together for 2 years before we married. Much of that time was spent living together as once I spent the night, I basically just never left. :happy: Our engagement was just a few months of arranging schedules to get our folks to our backyard wedding. We are closing in on our 14 year wedding anniversary.

Edited to add: We are both the same age so...we were 21 upon meeting, 22 upon getting together/moving in, 24 for getting married. Just babies!
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options

engaged at 17 and 3 months old
    together for 3 yrs and 1 month before engagement
    married at 18 and 6 days old.
    still together . Married for almost 37yrs , together for almost 41 yrs
    phew!
  • indrani1947
    indrani1947 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was 19 he was 21 he proposed 6 weeks after we met in London (I lived 200 miles away) married 12 months later been together 43 and half years . There will always be rough patches to go with the smooth, ups and downs, give and take and a loving journey together!
  • beckyhope
    beckyhope Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Research is fun! :)

I got engaged when I was 19. We had been together for almost 4 years before we got engaged. I got married at age 20. Yes we are still together - Married for 4.5 years and together for 10 years now! :)
  • cmpettey
    cmpettey Posts: 223
    Options
    I was 20, he was 21 when we met. Engaged 9 months later when I was 21 and he was 22. Married 3 months later I was still 21 and he was 22. It's been 12 1/2 years since we were married and we are still married and going strong!