Questions For Married Folks (For A Class - Help Appreciated)

Options

Replies

• cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I was 21, he was 25 (well I guess 20 he gave me the ring for 21), we were together prior to engagement for a very short time only 4 months.I was 21, he was 25 when we got married.

We are still together. Will be 12 years married in March.
  • AlliO2
    AlliO2 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!

I was 18 when we got engaged. He was 23.
    We had been together for 3 years.
    I was 19 when we got married. He was 23.
    We are still happily married after 14 years.
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Got engaged when I was 19 to a 20 yr old. We'd been together 11 months when he proposed. .. almost 15 years later, we still haven't married! Still together though. Married in everything but name.
  • stufie
    stufie Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? How long had you been together before getting engaged? How old were you when you got married? Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!

I was 24. We had been together for 2 years. I was 26 when we got married, and we are still together (4.5 years).
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I was 38 and he was 22 (my second go at it...lol), engaged 1 year and have been happily married almost 9 years:bigsmile:
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    We met when I was 22 and he was 21.
    We got married when I was 24 and he was 23.
    We've been married for 12 years. Our 13th anniversary is in April.
    We've been together for 15 years.
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Options

I was 23 and he was 26 when we got engaged.
    We had been together for 1 year and 10 months.
    I was still 23 and he was still 26 when we got married (we were only engaged for 2 months and 12 days)
    Still together! A year and 2 months today :) We're 24 and 27 now.
  • cgraylyon
    cgraylyon Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Engaged 22
    Together for 3 years before that
    Married 23
    Still together celebrated 11 years yesterday.
  • wigal23
    wigal23 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Got engaged in 1994 at age 18 1/2, had been dating since 1989 - yes all through high school!

We were married in 1996 (age 20 for me, 21 for him) and are still married - 15 years now! We've had some struggles as everyone does but we are still going strong!
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Okay met July 04. I was 19. Engaged by Oct 04. (still 19) and married by April 05 (still 19). It's been almost 7 years. :) when it's right, it's right.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? we were both 25
    How long had you been together before getting engaged? less than a year
    How old were you when you got married? 31
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Yes, married 14 years in March
  • Let's see....
    I started dating Erik in May 1990....when I was 19....he was 20
    We got engaged in August 1991....when 20 and he was 21
    We got married in October 1993...when I was 22 and he was 23.

We celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary last October. Good luck with your project!!
  • sassika
    sassika Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    ScrewyChars-6889003
  • TanyaCurtis
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? I was 18 and he was 21

How long had you been together before getting engaged? 4 years

How old were you when you got married? 19

Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Yes! I will be turning 25 in May and he is 27, so been married 6 years now!

Doing some informal research for a class - answers appreciated!
  • princesspeach577
    princesspeach577 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? 23
    How long had you been together before getting engaged? 7 months
    How old were you when you got married? Turned 24 the week before the wedding
    Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Still together. This year is our 3rd wedding anniversary.
  • em_ringer
    em_ringer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? I was 26 he was 30

How long had you been together before getting engaged? 2 years 1 month

How old were you when you got married? I was 27 he was 30 (9 month engagement)

Are you still together (if so, for how long)? We are still together now, been together for 8 years 2 months and married 5 years 5 months
  • byrnet18
    byrnet18 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    We started dating when we were both 16, in April 2001. We got engaged in September 2007, we were both 23, and we got married May 2009 when we were both 25. We had been dating for 6 1/2 years. We've been married almost 3 years but we've been together for 11 years. We still love each other more and more every day :heart:
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Met when I was 21 and he was 24
    Moved in together two years later
    Engaged two years after that
    Married when I was 26 and he was 29
    Celebrating our twentieth anniversary this year
  • harleygirlT
    harleygirlT Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Met at 14 at school(we had mutual friends)......Married at 16 in August of "79"....still married going on 33 years. Still best friends!! Now that's an acomplishment. It's not easy, a marriage is always changing and growing at the partners grow and change. You have to let your partner become the person they are supposed to be, not what you want them to be. If everyone could figure that out, I don't think there would be half as many divorces.
  • insatiable_need
    insatiable_need Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    How old were you when you got engaged? I was 22 and he was 31.

How long had you been together before getting engaged? We'd been together for 4 months when he officially proposed.

How old were you when you got married? I was 23 and he was 32.

Are you still together (if so, for how long)? Yes. We have been together for 3 years, married for 2.