200 pounds lost as of today!!

Options
After bring stuck on a miserable plateau, I finally dropped a pound today putting me at 200 pounds lost!

In February 2010 I went to the doctor's for something completely unrelated to my weight. But, of course, I got weighed and could not believe I weighed 344 pounds. You would think that this would be a wake up call, but denial is a powerful thing. I did start making small changes. By my birthday on June 3rd I had lost 30 pounds. I also had my last soda. (Oh how I miss thee sweet beloved Mountain Dew!!)

By the fall, I was learning more about food, eating better foods and exercising. In November I bought a treadmill. I remember feeling like I was going to DIE running 2 minutes straight! On February 17th of last year I had lost 100 pounds. I felt pretty good until I had my DH take a picture of me. Seeing how disgustingly fat I still looked after losing 100 pounds was depressing. So I felt sorry for myself for a short bit and then kept at it.

The weight dropped steadily until I hit about 150 pounds down. It has been a bit of a struggle since then. Like I said, this plateau has been nasty. I have only lost 6 pounds since Xmas.

I weigh 144 and would like to get down to 130 at least, but another challenge is the MASSIVE amount of extra skin I have on me. Not sure how much that weighs, but it is definitely a factor. I just finished running 8 miles on the treadmill. I'm still slow, but it's a long way from feeling spent after 2 minutes!

I am famous for seeing how far I have to go rather then how far I've come, but for now, I'm just going to try to enjoy today.

Thanks for listening!

Replies

• jennalink807
    jennalink807 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    WOW You are amazing!!! Congratulations- I can only imagine how proud of yourself you are, and you should be!!!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Congratulations. Never look back.
  • ebahde
    ebahde Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    AMAZING job!!!! That is a very impressive story, thanks for sharing it! CONGRATS on your success
  • tina9988
    tina9988 Posts: 369
    Options
    You have a truly inspirational story, thank you so much for sharing. I just started using my treadmill 3 weeks ago and it's still kicking my butt! It's nice to hear that it gets easier. 200 lbs is AMAZING! I know that must have taken real hard work and dedication. Good luck on the rest of your journey.
  • DBBA21
    DBBA21 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!

Enjoy your today and your achivement its amazing
  • DancinBear63
    DancinBear63 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You rock! Congrats on your achievement!
  • Determined523
    Options
    That is really awesome!!! Also very motivating! If you can lose 200 then I can definitely lose 50! lol.

Very happy for you. :flowerforyou:
  • allisshiney
    allisshiney Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow!
  • suzgyo
    suzgyo Posts: 29
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing...way to go!
  • kimmieyr1
    Options
    What a wonderful story! Congratulations and thanks for sharing!
  • 99cherrypie99
    99cherrypie99 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    As requested, here are some pics:

July 2005 - closest I have to a before pic as I didn't let myself be photographed very often!!

33ausds.jpg

Feb 2011 - 100 pounds down

ei57r9.jpg

August 2011 - 150 pounds down

3534b9g.jpg

Before work this morning

10dt7r5.jpg
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, you look like a completely different person! That's amazing. Congratulations.

As for the extra skiin, one of the bloggers I read just documentd her journey with that and her surgery etc after a 100lbs loss over at priorfatgirl.com.

Regardless, you look amazing. Good luck on the lady few pounds.
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow thats amazing, loosing so much weight is truly an accomplishment! It really is amazing how you took time out to become a better version of yourself!
  • alaska11
    alaska11 Posts: 151
    Options
    You look amazing and should be very proud of what you have accomplished!!
  • Lynda4aska
    Options
    wow - what an amazing story!!! good for you for getting this far !! you must feel like a totally different person. you definitely should be proud of yourself. so many people (including me) give up when something seems difficult, or requires a lot of dedication. but it sounds like you've worked through that part - good for you!!!
    you should be very proud of where you are, I wouldn't even worry about that last 10lbs or so.
  • tdonlin
    tdonlin Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    As requested, here are some pics:

July 2005 - closest I have to a before pic as I didn't let myself be photographed very often!!

33ausds.jpg

Feb 2011 - 100 pounds down

ei57r9.jpg

August 2011 - 150 pounds down

3534b9g.jpg

Before work this morning

10dt7r5.jpg
    Lets see if this works. Congrats, you are an inspiration!!!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    AWSOME!!! Great Job!
  • DarleneBDA
    DarleneBDA Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow.. You look amazing.. Great job.. keep up the good work... you are an inspiration...
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Plateau, schmateau...the glass is 95%full, you're just sipping the backwash now.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, like a completely different person!! You should be so proud for losing 200lbs!! Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!