CALLING ALL MEN......

Options
Craig_hyde
Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
And women can participate too :-)

Recently i've been reminded about films and/or songs which tend to make people emotional. I know that ladies, in general, are not ashamed to say "Oh I cried to *insert film here* so badly...." yet men are a bit more reserved.

But now, I ask you. Which films or songs have made you lose some man-points? (or gain, depending on your perspective)

For me, it would have to be Marley & Me. Seen the film twice, cried twice. Read the book once, had to stop reading it as I was getting too damn attached and, again, was bawling me eyes out. o.O

As for music/animations. There are two of them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBk3ynRbtsw That's one of them. Thought of you by Ryan Woodward, and the second being http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZJDNSp1QJA .... No tears for both of them, but felt really emotional afterwards.

Replies

• zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    im a massive wuss.

ill drop a tear at almost anything, happy or sad.

if you have seen "the holiday" with diaz, black, law and winslet and the jude law character describes himself as a weeper, well thats me.

but i regain my man points in that i am trained in multiple martial arts :D
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Saving Private Ryan...the ending...i cry every time
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    According to my husband, a whole theater full of Marines cried when Spock died.
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    Johnny Cash singing NIN's Hurt - gets me everytime.
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options

oh ya...best covered song ever in my opinion
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    In the original "Gone in Sixty Seconds" when he totaled the fast back mustang.
  • Tubby2Toned
    Tubby2Toned Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Terms of Endearment
    Grave of the Fireflies

Whooofff, tear jerkers both of them.
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Yes, Fantastic cover, and a lot more feeling in it than the original too.
    (in regards to Johnny Cash - Hurt) *edit*
  • patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Options

Without a doubt.

I'm not ashamed to admit I bawl my eyes out every time I watch 8 Seconds, Flywheel, Facing the Giants, Fireproof, Courageous, Where the Red Fern Grows, Ol Yeller, and *sigh*, even The Notebook got a tear out of me.
  • jennp1129
    jennp1129 Posts: 277 Member
    Options

**this
  • Anomalia
    Anomalia Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I cry during commercials....I try to hide it but my roommate always knows. Its the ASPCA ones that get me every time.
  • Arsimus
    Options
    Schindlers List made me ball my eyes out. movies have made me tear up a bit but that one got me good
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I normally don't cry during songs or movies... but I might have possibly teared up during Letters from Iwo Jima.

Edit: Almost forgot Schindler's List. That one got me as well.
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    According to my husband, a whole theater full of Marines cried when Spock died.

Completely agree with this. I weep during this scene every time.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    You guys are real men. :love: :smile:
  • patricknsmith
    patricknsmith Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I cry during commercials....I try to hide it but my roommate always knows. Its the ASPCA ones that get me every time.

Those commercials are vicious. Especially with Angel by Sarah McClaughlin playing in the background.
  • twoscimitars
    twoscimitars Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I sob like an idiot when I watch The Notebook. I also cried during Transformers 2 and 3. And Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

One song that makes me cry no mater what is "Old City Bar" by Trans Siberian Orchestra.
  • cornfritter22
    cornfritter22 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Wow, a Where the Red Fern Grows mention. I haven't read that book since middle school, but oh how I loved it. And yes, I cried like a baby. Yeah, I'm a girl, but I was told girls could participate in this :)
  • TheMerryPup
    TheMerryPup Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    The last episode of Six Feet Under. It brought up a lot of personal stuff for me. I cried like a teenage girl who lost her cellphone.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I've balled at so many movies and tv shows.

Doctor Who gets me the most... the poor doctor is so lonely. :sad:

The opening of "UP" had me crying like a baby.

Band of Brothers... yep tears every time.

The Fountain... I actually cried at that one because it was so romantic... how's that for losing man-points??? :noway:

Goodwill Hunting, Mr Holland's Opus, Dead Poet's Society, Braveheart, Gladiator, where Will Smith had to kill his dog in I Am Legend... yep I am also a massive wuss.