CALLING ALL MEN......

Options

Replies

• grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Red Dog!!! If anyone that's not in Australia can get hold of it - do so - it is a wonderful (true) story!!
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Johnny Cash's cover of One, plus more than a few episodes of the new Battlestar Galactica.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I am a female who doesn't cry easily, but I couldn't help crying through a lot of Hachi.
  • Craig_hyde
    Craig_hyde Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Terms of Endearment
    Grave of the Fireflies

Whooofff, tear jerkers both of them.

+1 to "Grave of the Fireflies". That is a sad, sad movie.

+1 to the beginning of "Up" as well.

Gods, I forgot about Up! Still agree with people that it's a better love story in 10 minutes than Stephanie Myer did in 4 books.
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Ooo, thanks for the reminder... Yup, the beginning of "Up."

Also, the Star Trek Next Generation episode where Captain Picard had this whole other life on some planet, then at the end it's revealed that the planet, and that life, had died way back in the past, but to him it was just like a dream he just had. And the little flute thingy he played was sent in the pod for him. I swear, that episode, and a few others, could have been silver screen projects.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I just watched that episode again a few days ago, and yup I cried! But I don't count since I'm a girl :wink: Love TNG!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Where The Red Fern Grows...I won't even watch the movie because the books makes me cry.

Armageddon...when Liv Tyler says good-bye to Bruce Willis it gets me every time.

Philadelphia...at the end when Tom Hanks is dying and then when they play that video of him when he was a toddler...:sad:

And I will share that while I was pregnant, we saw "Castaway" and I cried like a baby when Wilson floated away...but I blame that entirely on hormones.
  • jconnon
    jconnon Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    There's a bunch of great ones listed here. The movie Rudy is one that comes to mind for me. Also, if a movie has a animal in it I find out if it dies or not. If it does I cant watch it. Another one that killed me was Pay it Forward. The ending to that movie sucked. I think I was more mad than upset.
  • Miss_dannii
    Miss_dannii Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Love this question!! My fella wells up sometimes if somethin sad happens in a TV show we are watchin, or movies like Marley and Me, Hachiko (don't watch it if you don't want your heart broken lol) and The Notebook, and now he flat out refuses to watch a movie that might be sad lol. Bless him, he's a fragile little flower

;)
  • Fubar_Bill
    Fubar_Bill Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    So far I agree with almost every selection already mentioned, but I thought I would add one more:

Gattaca, "There is no Gene for the Human Spirit"

Kind of reminds me of all of us, struggling to exceed people's expectations for us.
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    A man incapable of emotion is not a man. He is a tool, a robot, a puppet.

A man capable of showing emotion and being moved to tears is not in danger of losing his man card.

Things that can move me to tears don't neccessarily include sadness:

* triumph in the face of adversity
    * triumph after being told you cannot do it
    * giving ones life for another
    * honour and duty

Those things can move me to tears, because they are so rare in real life.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I cry during commercials....I try to hide it but my roommate always knows. Its the ASPCA ones that get me every time.

Those commercials are vicious. Especially with Angel by Sarah McClaughlin playing in the background.

If my 6 yr old daughter hears that song playing on TV even if she's not in the room... she starts bawling. I try to flip the channel at the first few notes cuz it is just awful!

My hubby's dad died when he was 15 so watching the movie "Frequency" with Dennis Quaide and Jim Cavezel gets him misty.
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Johnny Cash singing NIN's Hurt - gets me everytime.

I have that on my Ipod for the gym.. the cover is better than the original.
  • JoJoDoerr
    JoJoDoerr Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    My hubby says: Click & Million Dollar Baby
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    According to my husband, a whole theater full of Marines cried when Spock died.

Hilarious!!!!
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    Out of Africa gets me everytime. When the lions go back and visit the grave. I just lose it!!!!! :sad:
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I asked the boy sitting next to me in class and he said The Lion King when Mofasa died, as well.. Then went on to defend his answer :p

ETA: Ladder 49 gets ME every time
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Old Yeller
  • Makethefatcry12
    Makethefatcry12 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I cry at almost anything sad but the ones the got me the most were Armageddon and Legends of the Fall. Those 2 movies had me bawling!
  • asudheimer
    asudheimer Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm a girl, not a huge crier, but Pet Cemetery always made me cry when the little baby Gage is brought back.... that's just terrible!