Low calorie pancakes (under 30 calories each)

Options

Replies

• MrsGraves1987
    MrsGraves1987 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    bump!!
  • mrrohitmalik
    mrrohitmalik Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This is really great. Do you have some more recepies like this with less calories to share (anything for Lunch, Dinner, Snacks anything)
  • emyishardcore
    emyishardcore Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    ????
  • RTDice
    RTDice Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    17 servings? you mean 17 pancakes? i just made a batch of those, instead swapping plain flour with wholemeal plain flour, and i couldnt seven squeeze 10 out of that batch. you must be making tiny tiny ones
    [/quote

That's what I was thinking. Yeah. Look at my 30 calorie pancakes. They are the size of quarters.
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Diana8923
    Diana8923 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    this sounds just perfect!!
  • Diana8923
    Options
    bump
  • Diana8923
    Options
    Just made some, they are delicious! Thanks for posting this!
  • dayr1993
    dayr1993 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump :)
  • ChrisKutsubos
    ChrisKutsubos Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Made these 3 weeks ago and they are excellent.

Low Calorie Pancakes Recipe

Makes 17 servings low calorie pancakes: 26 calories per serving. With the calorie content so low you can add blueberries for a sweet treat, cheese and chives and salmon for a savoury treat or just have plain alongside whatever else you are having. I really like it with a shake of cocoa powder and a teaspoon of low cal fig and ginger jam. Enjoy!

Ingredients
    3/4 c. cake flour
    2 tsp. baking powder
    1 tsp. salt
    3/4 c. skim milk (I actually use 2% milk so each pancake is more like 30 calories each. :bigsmile: )
    2 egg whites
    Directions
    1. Sprinkle dash of salt on egg whites and beat until stiff, but not dry.
    2. Add milk to flour and salt. Beat until smooth.
    3. Add baking powder and beat a few seconds more
    4. Fold in beaten egg whites.
    5. Pour into the pan and turn once. Should be golden brown.

Nutrition facts:
    Calories: 26
    Fat: 0.0g
    Cholesterol: 0mg
    Sodium: 149mg
    Carbohydrates: 5g
    Fibre: 0.1g
    Protein: 1.3g

I hope i didnt make this wrong, but it doesnt seem like much at all? And for the whole recipe its like 440 calories all together, correct? And i guess the sodium levels on this are a killer?!!! I havent tried it yet though....
  • emmasayers
    Options
    Helooooo this sound great ???? but what do you mean by cake flour?Plain or self raising?xxx
  • FaerieCae
    FaerieCae Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tnicmorris
    tnicmorris Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Bump to print later
  • NarneyK
    NarneyK Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    BUMP- yum. But what is cake flour? regular flour?

Cake flour is lighter than regular flour. It usually comes in a box, and you can find it by the rest of the baking supplies :wink:

Thank you so much :)

You can also make cake flour at home. All you need is regular all purpose flour and corn starch/flour. Take one cup of flour and remove 2 tbsp and put back. Then add 2 tbsp corn starch/flour to the remaining flour. Mix them together and you have cake flour. . http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Cake-Flour
  • AdrianasMombieED
    AdrianasMombieED Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    saving this recipe!! :D
  • lautz1008
    lautz1008 Posts: 4
    Options
    bump
  • unoriginalusername007
    unoriginalusername007 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

I just tried this recipe! They were a little liquid-y but not too bad, and they still cooked okay. The only thing is I made small to medium sized pancakes and only got about 10 of them out of the batter, so they were about 40 calories each. I used almond milk which is lower calorie than normal milk and they still came out ok! They didn't taste fantastic alone and were kind of chewy, but for only 40 calories you can't expect the thick fluffiness you'd get with a 150 calorie pancake! With some sugar free jam I thought they were pretty tasty! The one teaspoon of salt was a little much though; I suggest a 1/2 tsp otherwise there's too strong of a salty taste in the pancakes.
  • tannahgill
    tannahgill Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • dona000
    dona000 Posts: 70
    Options
    BUMP :wink: