Friend Request denials.

Options
1235»

Replies

• christina0089
    christina0089 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Don't take it personally, I think some people just have a lot of friends already and can't support any more.

I found this to be true in a lot of cases.
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Don't take it personally, I think some people just have a lot of friends already and can't support any more.

I found this to be true in a lot of cases.

oh - totally - i get that. My original question was if you WERE accepting, why would you deny?

But anywho...

holy fu@k FRs yesterday and today. Did I seem that sad to everyone?
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I warned them about your potty mouth.

But seriously though, certain keywords cause your friend request to not get sent. One example would be profanity. If you say **** or ****, in the friend request, the other person will never get it.

is this true for messages as well?
    I don't think so. I've definitely gotten messages with profanity before.
  • Fit_Forever25
    Fit_Forever25 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I think it can be because of the same reason as peopke here have too many friends which they cant really cope with.
    Or it can be your username try making it more specific ( a friendly suggestion) feel free to add me :-)
  • BrandiD56
    Options
    You can friend me. :smile:
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    does it actually show you if you have been denied?
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options

FR me and you'll find out :)
  • angbieb
    angbieb Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I would have accepted you on the leg pictures alone..but im shallow .. would i be correct toi assume that these are turndowns from ladies..?

Oh... and ive never denied anyone. I wouldnt want to chance missing out on some of the lunacy...keeps me sane.

That was too cute and hilarious u silly boy!
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    I warned them about your potty mouth.

But seriously though, certain keywords cause your friend request to not get sent. One example would be profanity. If you say **** or ****, in the friend request, the other person will never get it.

is this true for messages as well?
    I don't think so. I've definitely gotten messages with profanity before.

Oh no - it was determined it was due to my extraordinary use of the f-bomb in my original requests.
  • kriggs1976
    Options
    I have never denied a FR, but I have had to delete one person. Sad but true...If you are a Debbie-Downer I am deleting you
  • kriggs1976
    Options

FR me and you'll find out :)

cute
  • thepanttherlady
    thepanttherlady Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Well before i accept a friend request i first look at the persons profile and what kinda replier they are . On February 8th you replied to over 10 + topics. That would mean you would dominate my page and all i would see are high socks and white legs. That alone would hesitate me from accepting your request. On average some people reply every few days but some reply day in and day out. That would freaking annoy me and i would just eventually hide your profile, Then delete if it continues. Being honest here ! :ohwell:

This! If I receive a friend request or send one only to see you are a friend "collector" (usually men adding women) then I delete. I don't need to know your every move with 50 women all commenting on it.

I've been deleted as well with no notice from one woman. Every post of hers was how she messed up that day followed by 6 other people telling her tomorrow is a new day and so on. I stopped commenting on her statuses because nothing ever changed. Oh well.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I only deny men that seem creepy or girls that are pro-ana. Or FR's with no message lol.
    There's been a rash of creepy men lately here, so I basically aren't accepting any right now.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I rarely, and I mean rarely, send requests. It's not that I am full of myself.

The way I look at it is...you know in the old westerns when the indians ambushed the cowboys? To me, if I send a request, I am ambushing some poor cowpoke just trying to make it home in time for supper.

You should know. You are a friend. Imagine not being prepared.

But I have to say my friends are most excellent and I am truly lucky to have them.
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    There's been a rash of creepy men lately here, so I basically aren't accepting any right now.
    Request sent!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I deny almost all friend requests because I am a weirdo and very shy. It has nothing to do with the requesters and everything to do with me. I'm the Boo Radley of MFP.

Love the TKAM reference!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I get alot of requests for some reason, mainly from females and I have never talked to them via PM or forums or anything. I just get randomly invited. I add them in but most of them dont last in my friends list long since its all about "me, me, me". While I treat this place a little bit like a social networking site, I am not gonna add you as a friend just to be an audience to your attention seeking.

I have some wonderful friends in my friends list who I try to motivate and who try to motivate me. If you're not that kind of person, I am sorry but I will have to part ways. I believe in few quality friends rather than 1000 friends treating this likst facebook
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I deny a lot of requests for many different reasons. It's nothing personal, and I don't think I'm the *kitten* or anything, but, I'm a little picky.
  • skarr28
    Options
    I can think of 2 I denied:

1 - female -- we just had very different goals -- mine is to lose weight mainly, hers was to build a lot of muscle and get ahnold-fit. I didn't get it, lol

2nd; male -- I viewed his profile before responding to the request -- his friends were mostly female with boob-shots for pro-pics. And his profile was blank.

After getting some friend requests from mostly guys with no messages as to why they were adding me, I deleted my profile pic (face & some body shots) and now only get requests from women (with similar goals), lol.

Now, I only add ppl who include msgs with their requests. I've had enough creeps sending requests, it's caused me to be a bit more picky.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Im at the point where I don't send anymore because Idk what to say and most want a message lol. Ive always just sent them without messages. I love friends and will friend anyone but Idk what to put in the essay box haha