Sorry, I don't cook. Deal with it.

Options

Replies

• BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Do you make him sammiches? Because that's not cooking. That's prepping.

My suggestion...woman up and cook together.
  • Picola1984
    Picola1984 Posts: 1,133
    Options
    God made women's feet smaller so they could get closer to the cooker

We should be natural born cooks

Lol
  • iamthevieve
    Options
    If you were upfront about it, I don't see his issue. It's not like you told him you were going to cook and then didn't. That said, I keep trying to get my husband to cook at least for our 2-1/2 year old son. Half the time I'm not even home before 8 and our son is so used to eating that late that I can't get him to eat anything before then on my days off. He always talks about not eating after 8pm for health reasons and here he is not feeding our kid until 9pm.

Sorry, didn't mean to take over your vent post with my own.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    He knew that you didn't cook 17 years ago. I see nothing wrong with fending for yourself at dinner time, especially since you are on different pages when it comes to the food you like and he dislikes what you have made. If he wants home cooked meat and potato meals, buy him a crockpot and a crockpot recipe book. It doesn't take very long to prep in the morning, or the night before and put in the fridge, and then it will be ready when he comes home.
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    You've been together for 17 years and NOW it is an issue? :huh:

It's not a recent issue. It's an issue that comes up 2/3 times a year ever since we graduated college. In college, Taco Bell was the cook, right. But his mom cooked (still cooks) big over the top meals for EVERY meal and so does his step mother - they are amazing, truly. And they're making me look bad. ugh.
  • shrdlicka23
    Options
    Maybe he just wants you to do something for him. Wasn't there some book about the different kinds of love or something? I don't know. My husband doesn't boss me around but he appreciates when I cook for us because its like I did it for him(I did it cuz I was hungry but he can think whatever he wants lol). Maybe try cooking together. That's always fun! You could do the prep work since you hate the cooking part and he can do the rest.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    wait.
    so if he asks you to make him a sandwich... you dont make the damn sandwich?

WTF?
  • Cakepiebeer
    Options
    you can atleast make a sandwihc cant you?
  • iamthevieve
    Options
    Maybe he just wants you to do something for him. Wasn't there some book about the different kinds of love or something? I don't know. My husband doesn't boss me around but he appreciates when I cook for us because its like I did it for him(I did it cuz I was hungry but he can think whatever he wants lol). Maybe try cooking together. That's always fun! You could do the prep work since you hate the cooking part and he can do the rest.

Yes, "The Five Love Languages"
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You're right..... What did I win?........lol
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    You've been together for 17 years and NOW it is an issue? :huh:

It's not a recent issue. It's an issue that comes up 2/3 times a year ever since we graduated college. In college, Taco Bell was the cook, right. But his mom cooked (still cooks) big over the top meals for EVERY meal and so does his step mother - they are amazing, truly. And they're making me look bad. ugh.

Sounds like you and your husband have a family tradition. So you two should make it a night out and go to Taco Bell every time you have this discussion.
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    My vote is for turd.

I do a lot of the cooking in my house. I enjoy it for the most part and when my hubby and I moved in together our deal was I cook he will do the clean up after. If my hubby thought/said it was MY JOB to do the cooking in the house I might slap him upside the head.

Do you have a split chore list for the rest of the daily home duties?
  • muffintopminx
    Options

I fold laundry like a mo-fo. Does that count as a kind of love? I got mad skillz with an iron too. I love ironin. I iron his shirts, pants, sometimes his boxers, our bed sheets, heck, I've even ironed socks. I'm crazy borderline autistic with an iron.

Disclaimer: No offense to those with autism, my nephew has autism - I know it's no joke.
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I only read a couple of sentences, are the biscuits ready yet?
  • muffintopminx
    Options
    wait.
    so if he asks you to make him a sandwich... you dont make the damn sandwich?

WTF?

Whoa - no one's asking for a sandwich. And where's this hostility coming from? I'll make him a sandwich people. I don't like making meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, baked potatoes and a side salad. This is the kind of meal we're talking about, not a grilled cheese.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    He knew this before he married you, so therefore he has to deal with the fact that he married a non-cooker....i believe if the women is a stay at home mom its kind of her job to make dinner, but if you are both working, then why is it YOUR duty....he can cook too

^this.. although I do think it would be nice for the both of you to cook once in awhile for each other :)
  • msjenjenp
    Options
    Sounds like he has a bad case of testosterone poisoning. It's very common these days.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I heard women's feet are smaller so they can stand closer to the stove. Confirm or deny?
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I can see your side completely. You married me this way, now you want change?

BUT, people change. And what one desired or thought was something important at one point in time, might not be the same in another point. I think he's expressing that his ideals are changing. Maybe he would like to have a closer relationship with you in the food department. Maybe you both can look to cook together.

If your adamant that you don't cook. Express that firmly and encourage something you TWO can compromise on to work through this together.

Otherwise if he just is demanding it solo. He's in for a sore situation.
  • muffintopminx
    Options
    I heard women's feet are smaller so they can stand closer to the stove. Confirm or deny?

Dang-it! My feet are kinda on the small side.