Greek Yogurt: How do you like it?

Options
123457»

Replies

• sarglava
    sarglava Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Oikos sucks! SUCKS! It is so sour and flavorless. Especially nonfat. I think most nonfat greeks taste pretty gross though. And getting 2% doesn't add much more fat or calories. MY favorite brand is Fage. Mm.. like cheese. :)
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    My newest "recipe"..... 1 c. plain non fat yogurt, 1 packet of Truvia, 1 tsp. imitation vanilla, and a drizzle (about 1/2 tsp.) honey and ground cinnamon

My old stand-by: TART LEMON YOGURT= 1 packet Truvia, 1-2 tsp imitation vanilla
    and/or a packet (or 2) of True Lemon crystallized lemon- depending how much TARTness I've craving

I like plain ol' store brand yogurt JUST AS MUCH though- give me Great Value any ol' day. 110 cal. for 8 oz.
  • fitacct
    fitacct Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've found Greek yogurt to be an acquired taste. When I first tried it, I didn't like it at all. After trying different brands, I found Stoneyfield Oikos caramel and blueberry to have the least amount of sugar/fat and tasted best. For plain Greek yogurt, I prefer Chobani and add a bit of honey or cinnamon (or both) or have it as is (much more palatable to me than other brands).
  • RBRoy
    RBRoy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of the texture (or look!) of it but it's so good for me so I should try it again :)
  • aljohnson2
    Options
    The Oikos by Dannon - Strawberry fruit on the bottom is my favorite! My boyfriend and I are both hooked. We also find that we like the vanilla Oikos with fresh blackberries. Yummy!
  • kimzie77
    Options
    the black cherry is my fav use the plain as sour cream ,tastes just like it
  • Melk967
    Melk967 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The more expensive Greek yogurts are the best. Try Greek Gods and Fage. Sooo tasty :) legit Greek yogurt, unlike dannon and yoplait....
  • stitchinggirl
    Options
    I love mine with granola, strawberries and a splash of vanilla extract.

I've used my greek yogurt to top a baked potatoe too. It was amazing and you couldn't tell the difference between it and sour cream.
  • robertjean
    Options
    I prefer the Greek yogurt to regular. I really like the creamy texture and the flavors. My favorite is the Oikos Black Cherry. I usually eat it for breakfast.
  • kammy92
    kammy92 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I get plain and add in either Smuckers Sugar-Free strawberry, blackberry or raspberry preserves............only 10 calories a tablespoon for the Smuckers .....so my Greek yogurt is only 100 calories!:smile:
  • Lynnhealthpro
    Options
    Yes plain is not very tasty soooooo. I started being creative. You can get a pack of instant sugar free vanilla pudding mix and stir about a tablespoon of it with the yogurt. Also, I used fat free ready whip. It was frozen and when I mixed it with the yogurt!!! OMGoodness!!!!!!!!!

You can use the mixture and top with strawberries and add a squirt of sugar free fudge, and shaved almonds for a fat free low cal chocolate fudge sundae. I The calorie count was 133 Good Luck!
  • irenehof
    irenehof Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I take any yogurt and stick it into a cheese cloth. Let it drip for a few days...and you get really thick stuff (like greek yogurt)...great for toppings,. Also, I love zatziki...let cucumbers and garlic sit in for a few days...lots of recipes on line
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the plain, but every morning my fiance and I blend up some plain Fage or Chobani, some frozen fruit like strawberries, blueberries or peaches, a banana, and some kale, blend the everloving crap out of it, and we split that between the two of us. Its so good. It literally tastes like frozen yogurt you get in the store. I was skeptical because of the kale but its very tasty and filling.

I also just like a bowl of plain greek yogurt with a little honey drizzled in it. It makes a really nice dessert or before-bed snack. Easy to digest, doesn't keep me up feeling full or gassy or anything.
  • tsjourney
    tsjourney Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I just started eating it as well and LOVE it! Not the plain so much, although I did use it as a substitute for sour cream with my chili and it was fine that way. I prefer the OIKOS the best with blueberries. Would not recommend the Kroger brand at all, it is nasty, in my opinion. I was never a big yogurt eater, upset my stomach before, but the Greek yogurt to me tastes very creamy and much like a pudding consistency and it fills me up and no upset stomach! Someone mentioned that the chocolate one is awesome but I haven't found that one yet at my particular store. I eat them for breakfast or snacks, very filling. Will have to try the suggestions on here.
  • LishaCole
    Options
    I have a pretty serious greek yogurt obsession, I jokingly refer to eating greek yogurt as "ascending to a higher plane of sensual enlightenment".

I often eat the okios honey on the bottom cups. However, my favourite is liberte plain with honey (or stevia) and walnuts. Some days I use this as bribery to go workout. Haha.
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    FAGE 2% is what I like the best. I top it with a handful of strawberries and either 1 Tbsp strawberry jam or 1 serving (tsp) of honey or agave nectar. The sweetness balances out the distinct taste. I've only ever had the FAGE, I even use it in recipes in place of shortening and/or sour cream.
  • MandyKutz
    MandyKutz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I don't like the Oikos or Dannon Greek Yogurt. Chobani is really good, and so is Fage. My favorites are pineapple Chobani and blueberry Fage. I eat one of the other almost every day. I have even gotten plain Fage and mixed in some honey and ground flax seed. It's really good that way. Good luck on finding one you like!
  • TXBlonde81
    TXBlonde81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt. My favorite texture is the Chobani brand. I'm not a fan of the Greek God's brand due to the texture.

I like it with a tablespoon of honey and 2 oz of blackberries or even just plain with the honey.