Did I shave my legs for this?

Options
Just curious how many other people are like me.

I have always hated shaving my legs, which my husband finds annoying.

Anyway, once I decided to get control over things I made it a personal goal to shave my legs every single day and do my hair and stuff just to make me feel good.

Its working. I have more confidence and feel better about myself just putting a little more effort into things. I even went all out and painted my toenails! So honestly, how often do you shave your legs? And am I the only one who thinks its a chore?

Replies

• ESierra1978
    Options
    I live in Chicago so during the freezing winters i need the extra fur...jk. I shave whenever I feel the lil prickles coming in, thats usually every 2 to 3 days.
  • Jain
    Jain Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    I don't shave, I wax. And that only once or twice a year.:blushing:

I NEVER get my legs out, so don't see the need. Plus I've got very sensitive skin & any kind of hair removal causes a nastly itchy rash.
  • dictations
    Options
    Only when someone's gonna see them- so not that often. But I don't mind, the hair is SUPPOSED to be there, it's natural.
    I'll wear tights or jeans whenever possible. ^____^ But I'm gonna start getting into waxing cause shaving is absolutely unbearable.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way you do! I think I will try what you are doing too, my goal starting tomorrow is one full week of doing my hair, putting on a little make up, shaving my legs, and making an effort to not wear my pajamas all day just because I can. I always feel better when I take the time to put myself together and my confidence can certainly use a boost! thanks for the idea :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I am one of the lucky ones that has almost no leg hair. What little is there is so baby fine and transparent you cannot see it. I do shave about once a month just to keep things "smooth" and exfoliate but I once went a whole year without shaving and only had about 8 hairs per leg.
  • thin150
    thin150 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I shave my legs like once a week. I used to do it everyday but now the hairs in my legs don't grow as often yay!
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I shave my legs every time I shower - always have, always will. And I live in Alaska and don't understand the whole "I need the extra fur" thing. I paint my toenails in the winter too.
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    Options
    every 2-3 days. and yup, it sometimes feels like a chore! especially when you're busy!
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    every 2-3 days. and yup, it sometimes feels like a chore! especially when you're busy!

I hear ya! :wink:
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    To be honest, during the winter I shave once a month (my hair color is light so even when it grows in it isn't noticeable.). During the summer its done every other day.
  • jkdarby
    jkdarby Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I shave every single day. It's just part of my shower routine. I hate the feeling of the hair growing in and I get all itchy. I have fine, blonde hair on my legs, but I still hate it.
  • nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    I pole dance, so i sometimes don't shave often enough. I tend to moisturize after shaving, and I can't go doing that if I'm about to pole dance shortly after. haha
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    I have been known to go the whole winter without shaving...it's not like I'm wearing shorts or anything, right? Whatever.
    I hate it, it sucks. But when they're exposed they're always shaved.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    ......... But I don't mind, the hair is SUPPOSED to be there, it's natural.

Same as armpit hair, natural hair color, unpainted nails, natural faces (no make-up), and unpadded bras. All natural, right? :wink:
  • chubbybunnee
    chubbybunnee Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I did laser hair removal. Problem solved :)
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Epilator...weekly.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Constantly! I live in shorts!! But it's just life like cleaning teeth.
    Cheap hair conditioner is a good salve for shaving and keeping skin soft!
    I like the way my legs feel all soft &smooth! I'd be mortified to have hairy legs!!
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I love keeping my legs shaved. Makes my beautiful calves look even better and me less anxious about showing them off now that my muscle is starting to show :smile:
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I hate shaving my legs. But I live in Europe so it's kinda optional. If I am going to wear a bathing suit or something I shave but other than that it's too much effort and like another poster I don't have that much hair to speak of and what I do have is light blondish red, so you can't really see it anyway. The hubby doesn't care harry or smooth so I don't have that much motivation to keep at it.

Now if I found a waxing place withing a few kilometers of where I live, I'd be there every 6 weeks. When we visit my family in S. CA I always make a spa day and get things waxed including my eye brows and a pedi/mani I always feel so much more feminine and confident afterwards, so yeah, I can understand where you're coming from
  • t3hsandy
    t3hsandy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Every other day if I don't have a pressing homework assignment due. Otherwise, it'll be done the next night. I can't stand having hair on my legs, it feels really weird when it rubs on my jeans, skinny pants and when my legs rubs against each other when I sleep. One of the most uncomfortable feelings in the world.