Did I shave my legs for this?

Options

Replies

• TwistedBanana
    Options
    umm this might be my FAVORITE post!! I haaaate shaving my legs and it's a problem when I wear shorts to the gym....hehe. I used to live in Chicago so I've gotten in the habit of being able to go a while without a good shave (cause of our winters), I also used to go to overnight camp where we wouldn't shave for an entire month since it was all girls. I looooove the feeling of shaved legs and I always shave them if I'm going to be with a boy, and when I was in a relationship I definitely did it more often. It's just time consuming I mean I'm 6ft tall and most of that length is in my legs soooo it's not worth it if I'm going to be wearing pants all week, but it's much harder to hide now that I live in california :/ I guess I'll re-wire my feelings about it so that I love it :)
  • dictations
    Options
    ......... But I don't mind, the hair is SUPPOSED to be there, it's natural.

Same as armpit hair, natural hair color, unpainted nails, natural faces (no make-up), and unpadded bras. All natural, right? :wink:

All those things you listen ARE natural. I don't see your point lmao.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    ......... But I don't mind, the hair is SUPPOSED to be there, it's natural.

Same as armpit hair, natural hair color, unpainted nails, natural faces (no make-up), and unpadded bras. All natural, right? :wink:

All those things you listen ARE natural. I don't see your point lmao.

my point is that it makes no sense to say leg hair is natural and "supposed" to be there if the vast majority of women shave their pits, dye their hair, paint their nails, wear make-up, or padded bras. LMAO
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    In the winter I shave my legs about once a week- too much longer than that and it starts to feel prickly/uncomfortable when I wear jeans. In the summer usually every other day or so. I'm blond and the hair is unnoticeable so I don't feel the need to shave every day unless it's a really special occasion. I also have really sensitive/dry skin which I think would be irritated by every day shaving.
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    If I was a chick I would NADS or something. I don't even like shaving my face. Luckily I'm not all that a hairy guy except for my SPARTAAAAA beard.
  • dictations
    Options
    Trail_Addict: (to avoid a quote tower) you took what I said out of context. I meant, it's "supposed" to be there as in it's not abnormal or anything to have body hair. Not that girls shouldn't shave it off because it's natural.
  • mistyfit7
    mistyfit7 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I never had to shave my legs anymore. Took care of it right away when i had money for laser hair removal. No more buying razors for me.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Trail_Addict: (to avoid a quote tower) you took what I said out of context. I meant, it's "supposed" to be there as in it's not abnormal or anything to have body hair. Not that girls shouldn't shave it off because it's natural.

I think you missed the sarcasm in my post. I'm done now. Not gonna beat this dead horse any more. :flowerforyou:
  • juliesummers
    juliesummers Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I only shave them when I'm going to wear shorts or have sex.
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    once a week maybe
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options

If I waited to shave until having sex, it'd be a long time :sad:
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    My fiance is in the Marine Corps and is deployed... I don't shave very often. When he is here however, it's everyday or every other (because he is nice enough to shave his face for me!)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    I am one of the lucky ones that has almost no leg hair. What little is there is so baby fine and transparent you cannot see it. I do shave about once a month just to keep things "smooth" and exfoliate but I once went a whole year without shaving and only had about 8 hairs per leg.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :sad:
  • deadgirl81
    deadgirl81 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Depends on how I feel, I did go from the start of December until last weekend to do my legs, only problem is is my leg hair is rather dark, so lots of long socks and jeans for me :) I don't like shaving as I always end up with some blood pouring out of a miniscule papercut (or so it seems) usually on my ankle, my knee or behind my knee - really should think about getting them waxed - or do as a friend of mine is doing, have them lasered off - no more hair!!
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options

I think you missed the sarcasm in my post. I'm done now. Not gonna beat this dead horse any more. :flowerforyou:

holy crap. did you just go for the electrolysis? was it to reduce air resistance for your runs?
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options

If I waited to shave until having sex, it'd be a long time :sad:

you're so silly lol
  • JamieDD
    JamieDD Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I am one of the lucky ones that has almost no leg hair. What little is there is so baby fine and transparent you cannot see it. I do shave about once a month just to keep things "smooth" and exfoliate but I once went a whole year without shaving and only had about 8 hairs per leg.

I hate you...jk I wish my legs were like that. :sad: I don't shave all the way in the winter...just from the above the knee down. Armpits are always shaved...can't stand hairy pits.:laugh: Legs doesn't bother me that much, plus I like to shave my legs in the shower...but I don't see so well without my glasses and it makes it hard to make sure I got every hair...which there are lots of.:grumble:
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    As a natural brunette, I had no option but to start shaving when I was about 12 at peril of being humiliated in the girl's locker room. I shave every time I shower or bathe, whether I need it or not.
  • lonaneomaflame
    Options
    I wear skirts 99% of the time but they almost always go more then half way down my legs and almost never above the knee as I hate the way it feels. I shave every monthish, and never really far above the knee, I have blond hair so it's not noticable and at the gym I wear pants. Recently I shaved as a "gift" to my hubby for valentines day, before that it was christmas, and before that it was about half way through october. I shave slightly more often in the summer, if I'm going swimming....

Also my dad naturally has NO hair on his legs, I wish I had gotten that gene....
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I shave every time I shower. I cannot stand to have hairy legs. The feeling just grosses me out.