Did I shave my legs for this?

Options

Replies

• Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    You think you guys have it tough? I represent a nutrition brand and always have to look in shape and de-fuzzed. I'm a bloke and I'm like a monkey in term of my natural hair growth and my hair regrows massively quick within a week (since I eat very clean foods, hair, nails etc grow back QUICK and very thick). Entire body shaving 3-4x a month.
    I am not sponsored but I pretty much follow the same guidelines. Body hair is not aesthetic.

Glad i'm not the only one. I mean back hair, whats that all about? Why do I want that?! LOL :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I hate doing it too / feels a chore.

Shave mine like once a week, sometimes less often. I don't really need to any more often than that (thankfully!) as my hair's quite fine / light, and the bf never even notices / cares anyway.
    I do when I go out though (wear a dress / skirt) as I get really paranoid about the tiniest bit you can see.
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    In winter I guess I wax (or use an electric machine that pulls them from the rooth) 1 time per month...sometimes in 2 months.
    In Spring/summer/Autumn I wax when I need, but almost all the time I'm smooth. I don't like it, it hurts, for sure, but I guess in my island (semi tropical weather) I wear skirts and dresses a lot and the beach is 5min away so if I feel like going for a swim after work, I'm ready :)
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it at all. It takes one minute. My legs are at least partially out at the gym and I would feel self-conscious if they were hairy. I shave every other day. I also never have my toes not painted.

To the OP, if it makes you feel good, then great!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I shave every day, and I do not consider it to be some massively off-putting chore. It's a habit, like brushing and flossing. If I didn't shave, I'd feel gross.
  • TomRiddleIsDead
    TomRiddleIsDead Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I shave everything every other day/every 3 days because i get too bad of razor burn if it's more frequent. >.<
    Have you tried anything like nair or veet? Personally, the veet I used was terrible.
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I do it everyday.
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I hate shaving as it takes such a long time as I normally do a whole head shave, I do leave my eyebrows though but I quite enjoy shaving my legs as they feel quite good and look really good once they done.
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I must be a freak. My legs are bald. Always have been. I've NEVER shaved them. I remember thinking as a teen that maybe I should anyway, but my mother, God rest her soul, suggested NOT borrowing tomorrow's chores today.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I wax. 45 minutes of annoyance for 4 weeks of no shaving bliss.
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    ......... But I don't mind, the hair is SUPPOSED to be there, it's natural.

Same as armpit hair, natural hair color, unpainted nails, natural faces (no make-up), and unpadded bras. All natural, right? :wink:

Yes actually, All natural!

I shave under my arms and my legs (every week or two, if I feel like it!) and bikini line (in the warmer months) but everything else is natural. No hair color, no make-up, no padded bras (36D) and if I choose to change any of those things, it's temporary and I alway sgo back to natural. I have low self esteem in many areas but not in these vain areas. I wear make-up for parties only, get my hair and nails done for the same and if I wore anything padded I might hurt someone so yes, All natural and happy about it! ;)
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Oh I am so glad that there are others out there who are as hairy as me, I'm like Patty and Selma from The Simpsons!

I do leave it too long in Winter (yes, if your hairs are poking through your black opaque tights it's been too long) but I HATE shaving all the time in Summer. Thing is, if I waxed then I'd have to leave the hair to grow long enough to wax. It's a no win situation!
  • SieSie76
    Options
    During the winter, I don't really shave my legs all that often (I just do the basic arms and under the arms). My hair a a bit thicker so if I shave every day, I get lots of cuts, burns, and in-grown hairs (although there are ways to thin out the hair, it's just too much work). I wear pants anyway so I figure, why bother? No one is going to see and I don't have a guy in my life that I need to impress. However, I do love to do my make-up and hair every day. I can't walk out without having something on my face, but at the same time I don't do a whole lot. Just enough to have a natural glow, something that won't smear throughout the day. I take SUPER good care of my hair (mostly because I was starting to see split ends), I wash my face at least once or twice a day, I have a lot of natural mineral make-ups that did cost more but have lasted me a long time and is MUCH nicer on my skin, and I've started getting nit-picky about my teeth (I'm wearing my retainer more often to keep them straight and I've started getting products that will help whiten them). I feel all of this makes up for not shaving my legs. It's too much of a hassle, but I do shave WAY more during the summer or when I'm going out. ;) I'm not completely yucky. XDD

Sorry, that was a longer post than I expected. :P
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I have extremely fine leg hair - you can't feel it and have to really look hard to see it unless I REALLY let it go. In the winter I shave every few days or so. In the summer I shave them every day. I shave everywhere else every day - that's just my routine. The legs never needed every day so I've always had the same habits there.

I get pedicures before any vacation or when my feet start to feel rough - about mid winter - like now and do home pedicures all summer between shop pedi's. I like my pretty feet. Pretty feet and silky smooth legs do make me feel sexy.
  • Allihexen
    Allihexen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I shave my legs at least once a week. If I go a little longer, they turn blonde and get fine, but I don't like the feeling of the hair anyway. After all, I think one of the best feelings in the world is freshly shaved legs on clean sheets! :smile:
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I love feeling good and looking good, it helps with my confidence, esp during losing weight! I shave every other shower. I get my nails done every 3 weeks, do my own toes, get a spray tan once a week, do my hair and make up every day. It may sound superficial, but looking good is part of feeling good!
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    only when I think that I will get lucky :)
  • grapenutSF
    grapenutSF Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Anyway, once I decided to get control over things I made it a personal goal to shave my legs every single day and do my hair and stuff just to make me feel good.

Its working. I have more confidence and feel better about myself just putting a little more effort into things. I even went all out and painted my toenails!

I hear ya on this. For my new years resolution 2011 i decided "to be more girlie" which meant sexy underwear every day, makeup even on non professional days, cute shoes, etc. it definitely had an impact. felt great (still does-- this one's lasted!!)
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I HATE shaving my legs. I will do it... to spare others my grizzly natural state and for my husband. But yes, it is a chore. As for just myself, I could care less.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    personally. I really hate shaving my legs. I hardly do it. And when I do, I use an electric shaver. haha.