Body Fat Percentage Calculator

Options

Replies

• warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i saw this once at at bodybuilding forum long time ago. It still comes up wrong. I always come up with 1 to 3% bf on this.
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    You have 20% body fat.

You have 48.4 Pounds of fat and 193.6 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

I'm 5'10" 242 at the moment. Not sure if I can believe 20%.

I mean when I first started all of this, I added a ton of muscle off the bat and have managed to keep some of it, but I was expecting closer to 30%.
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    what a great tool! i think it was a little off for me too, but i love that it reinforces my goals of how much weight i need to lose, and how the end goal is also to have muscle, not fat :)
    great positive reinforcement - thanks to the original poster!
  • Gelly_Bean
    Gelly_Bean Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    So this doesnt compare to BMI really?

??? BMI has nothing to do with fat content, not sure what you mean by this comment.
  • iKristine
    iKristine Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I found calculators to be remotely accurate ONLY if you resemble a barbie doll.

I however am apple shaped. I carry all weight on the inside thighs and belly. Im slim in my extremities, face and neck.

I did a bod pod air displacement plethysmography test last month. I am 42% body fat eight lbs ago. That calcs said I was 30% But the difference is, I carry the weight well. But non the less it's there.

Grain of salt people.
  • turkeytrotter
    turkeytrotter Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have been getting my measurements done by a pro at the health club using calipers. The results I am getting using this link is similar.
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    mine says :

You have 17.8% body fat.

You have 24.6 Pounds of fat and 113.4 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

i really don't know how accurate this is
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    It said I had 22.1%. It sounds about right, but I'm still a little skeptical. It asked no questions that would be beneficial for those that keep weight around their midsection or arms. My legs are the skinniest part about me so I'm sure it would make my results lower than they really are.
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    bump
  • piebird79
    piebird79 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • flbutler
    Options
    bump
  • KilikiMom
    KilikiMom Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    im just disgusted with myself now....blah...shouldn't have done that AT ALL!!!! i knew i was fat...but thanks now i know im really fat
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Devlyn_P
    Devlyn_P Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    You have 12.6% body fat.

You have 22.1 Pounds of fat and 152.9 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

I don't think this is accurate, calipers gauged me at 14-15% but oh well not off by much. Also it didn't ask for my height?

Now to lose 22.1 lbs of fat by June lol.
  • k8bugz
    k8bugz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It said I was 28% bf. I think this is pretty low, but I think it's fine if used as a consistent measurement to gauge progress. I have been using the military calculation on fat2fitradio.com.

But in a few weeks I'm going to do a bod pod measurement which measures air displacement, I believe, and is supposed to be very accurate.
  • peacemongernc
    peacemongernc Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    That is amazing. I don't know how accurate the hand held BF calculators are, but I get exactly the same % with that website that I did at the gym with the handheld thing.

Shannon
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    You have 25.6% body fat.

You have 33.5 Pounds of fat and 97.5 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    The important thing to keep in mind is that you use the same measuring tool EVERY TIME.

One will show you high, one will show you low, but if you are using the same exact tool every time, the results will be accurate, depicting gains and losses accordingly.