Options

Replies

• serabee5
    Options
    bump for later
  • vwlgirl
    vwlgirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It says that mine is 26.8%. My question is, what is good? What is not so good!!!!
  • sdleeper
    sdleeper Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry to disappoint, but It is not accurate. I actually went and had mine tested today. I am 39...weigh 183...and the real test says that I am 25.6% Body Fat.

The website said this...

You have 16.7% body fat.

You have 30.5 Pounds of fat and 152.5 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

I actually have 47 lbs of fat and 136.2 lbs of Lean Body Mass.
  • SiobhanDelaney
    SiobhanDelaney Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You have 21% body fat.

You have 11.6 Kilograms of fat and 43.4 Kilograms of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

Again i'm happy ish but don't know how much body fat i should have. Mm.. Using the pinch of salt that was suggested!
  • RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Every couple of weeks I use the 3 measurement calculators on this site then average them:
    http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    C'mon, no way this is accurate. For me it says "You have 16.2% body fat. You have 10 Kilograms of fat and 52 Kilograms of lean (muscle, bone, body water)."

Based on how I look, there's no way on Earth I'll believe that I only have 16.2% body fat. I'd look like a model at that percentage!
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Mine registered way under. I'm near 25% bf, not 15% like it says.
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Heh, I seem to be on the flip-side of most people. The two sites listed are giving me +23%, when calipers gave me 20% and hand-held-thingy gave 19%. I played around with it and it has a lot to do with my hip measurement - which I'd have to lose a lot of weight before that thing moves. It's the last place on my body that fat is willing to relenquish. Overall - eh. I'll keep my other methods =)
  • RachelLovesHockey
    Options
    bump for later
    thanks for posting
  • Krohnie
    Krohnie Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    checking it out at home vs my scale
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Met a new friend last night, and we started talking. He lamented that there was no way he could be 37% body fat. So I hauled myself out of bed and googled. (gosh, I love google!)
    This is what I found.

http://www.healthcentral.com/cholesterol/home-body-fat-test-2774-143.html?ic=2202

Please tell me what you think, and for the love of fitness and nutrition, please use actual measurements. Guesstimating isn't accurate.

(by the way, mine said 19.2, rounding up to 19.8% for operator error, this is about where I I thought I was based on how I look and feel)

Did said friend you met last night climb out of the bed with you to Google? Or did he just lay there and wait for you to get back? If it's the second one, you should go find a new friend tonight.
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Mine says 18.5% which i dont think is right, i will have to re-read my measurements at home and try again, and the other site said 22.4% which is more realistic!

The goal is between 18-20% when i reach my goal...
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dschavers
    dschavers Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • luvsherhubby
    luvsherhubby Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think this was wrong for me. I have a rathe rlarge tummy. I am about 35 lbs overweight- in the obeese catagory of bmi. My hips are 40 thigh is 23 inch calf 15.75 and wrist 6, im 21. it said You have 20.9% body fat. You have 35.1 Pounds of fat and 132.9 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water).

on the fat precentage chart that would put me UNDER the normal fat precentage! Um Im pretty overweight and it aint muscle weight either!

Women

Age Underfat Healthy Range Overweight Obese
    20-40 yrs Under 21% 21-33% 33-39% Over 39%
    41-60 yrs Under 23% 23-35% 35-40% Over 40%
    61-79 yrs Under 24% 24-36% 36-42% Over 42%
  • mwest11
    mwest11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... the website said i was 17.7% and then I used an Omron bioimpedence fat analyzer that said I was 25%... I have no clue where I am at now.
  • 2fit4fat
    2fit4fat Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Bump for ater
  • insatiable_need
    insatiable_need Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I really wish I could trust this and know for sure. This calculator and another one I used, both say 21% but that seems insanely low considering my Omron HBF-514C scale says I have 41% body fat (which is a HUGE difference) ...
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Thanks. I like that one much better than the one I was using.