Is there anyone that eats more than 1200 calories a day??

Options

Replies

• doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    LOL YES- ME!

I usually eat around 2000 on my workout days. I, personally, couldnt survive on 1200 calories even if I slept all day (per my dr)
  • jnance82
    jnance82 Posts: 149
    Options
    From Oct 2011 to 2 weeks ago I had been doing 1200/day and not eating my exercise calories and that was fine with me and I wasn't hungry. But all of a sudden I stopped losing 2 weeks ago and I was always so huungry so I took some other MFP members' advice and increased to 1400/day without eating my exercise calories and I'm back to losing. But I think I had to make the change b/c I'm now only 5.6lbs away from goal. It all depends on the person and your starting weight I think. :smile:

10502719.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Jennifer860
    Options
    How do you know how many calories a day you should eat?
  • Goosiesnougs
    Options
    I don't think I could survive on 1200. I am set with no exercise at around 1500.....And I starve on my rest day! LOL

I normally rack up an additional 1000-1400 calories and eat at LEAST half -3/4 of them back.

Enjoy your food and don't deprive yourself.
  • adriana_hackney
    adriana_hackney Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I eat 1530 + at least have of calories burned. I'm currently loosing weight...so i'm good atm.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    just upped mine from 1200 to 1400 today, with the plan to go to 1500 next week.
    I am 5'1" and with my increase, i do not intend to eat back exercise cals, at least for awhile. I currently only workout 3x week and have a sedentary desk job, which is why MFP set me so low. My TDEE is just over 2000 or so, so for a 500cal deficit 1500 should work well for me.
  • MaryMangan31
    MaryMangan31 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1750/day to maintain a weight of 120. More when I've exercised that morning. I'm 5'6".
    I don't know that 1200 calories/day would a good idea unless you're very short and not exercising at all.
  • AirCircleI
    AirCircleI Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    There is NO WAY I could do 1200 calories a day. My profile is set at 1430 to lose 1lb a week, but I can't even keep to that comfortably. So I exercise I lot in order to eat back some exercise calories - I normally eat 1600-2000 a day, but with my exercise I am still in a defecit and losing regularly.
  • deannarey13
    Options
    Yeah, I did the 1200 calorie diet for a while until I realized that I was starving myself and the weight that I lost was muscle mass. In fact, my body fat increased. That's what a starving body will do though. I am eating 1650 on a non-workout day now, sometimes a little more. Feeling great!
  • normh545
    normh545 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    i have just upped my cals from 1200 to 1700 a day and lost 3.2lb this week
  • lorierin22
    lorierin22 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Started at 1200 calories--also ate back MOST of my exercise calories and lost 10 pounds. Then I adjusted my calories to 1350, still eat back most of my exercise calories most days and I have hit brick wall. I just started 30 DS 3 days ago and I am actually up a pound now (hopefully muscle). Not sure whether to go back down to 1200 or up to 1550 (my BMR).
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I easily lose weight while eating in the 2100-2200 NET range. I easily maintain while eating in the 2300-2500 (I can go as high as 2700 or 2800 net and not gain) range.

I would be starving to death if I were only eating 1200 calories a day.
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm netting at about 1600 right now. Not really losing at this point, but not gaining. I'm hoping to fix up my broken metabolism. :P
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1650 but I eat back my exercise calories so I average about 1900-2000 :-)
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I started at 1350 per day and it worked for me. I found that 1200 just wasn't enough. Now I have my settings set to 1300 per day. I usually eat more than that though because I eat some of my exercise calories. It is hard continuously staying around 1200 calories every day. If I can I will. Some days I do better than others. Some days I actually eat less but it's very hard.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    1700ish on days i don't go to the gym, 2000ish on the days that i do.
  • crazycat80
    crazycat80 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I eat a little over 1300 calories a day and I'm close to the end of my journey.

Just note: The calories are determined based on your height and current weight. I agree that MFP puts it a little low. When I held to their original 1240, I was starving and dropping weight much faster than the .5 lbs a week I wanted. I just slowly beefed it up to the point I was still losing but not chewing on my arm by the end of the day...
  • natalie2355
    natalie2355 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I want to weigh about 140lb so my nutritionist has me eating 1400 kcal/day. I'm usually pretty good but the past few days ive been around 1550. thank god for working out!
  • kaybigs
    Options
    i am on the primal diet, 1700-2000 calories a day with less than 75 g carbs
    losing an average of 1 - 2 pounds a week if i stay under carbs
    gotta feed your body!!
  • DianeMichiko
    DianeMichiko Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    on a healthy day, i eat on average 1400-1600 a day...on a bad day, its fast food and i end up eating up to about 2500 calories a day.

Tracking calories can be very beneficial. It can also be very dangerous if not done right. Like the HCG diet thats out there telling people to only eat 500 calories a day and take their drops..........anyone eating 500 calories a day would lose weight...dont be silly!

i did one of those online things that figured out how many calories i should eat and it told be something around 1100....I would die if I did that! Its all about eating healthy foods and the proper portion sizes!

congrats on your weight loss so far!! keep up the GREAT work!