Is there anyone that eats more than 1200 calories a day??

Options

Replies

• Siena_Risley_13
    Options
    3200-3400 give or take, but I'm gaining.

I lose at a great pace at about 2250-2400.
    WHAT THE HECK!!! I CAN ONLY EAT 1292:ohwell:
  • misslissa121
    Options
    Mine is set at 1200, and I have no trouble in maintaining it. There are a few days I go over, but it all evens out. We eat out every Friday, and we even went out to lunch today. I have been here for 4 1/2 weeks, lost 22 lbs to date. I know that eventually I will start slowing down as I lose more, and that the big shred is more from making sure I keep my sodium in check and cutting out soft drinks. Also I am obesse, so the more fat you have to spare the easier the body lets loose of it. I also find my mood is sooo much better now because instead of filling up on junk, I make all 1200 calories count, and a lot of time's after a heavy work out, food isn't as appealing to me.
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Most people should be eating more than 1200. The majority of people on 1200 cals have their weekly weight loss goal set too aggressively.

I agree. I was on 1200 burning 250-400 calories a day and hungary, headaches, and I am forgetful. The scale stopped at 7 pounds lost, so I slowly upped my calories to 1300 and eat at least half my exercise calories (try to leave around 100 left) and I am feeling better and seeing a better outcome.
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm at 2200 on workout days and try to stay at 1900 on rest days but usually end up around 2000-2100.
  • BabsPerl
    BabsPerl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be on a 1200 calorie diet but I struggle to eat 900. I have special circumstances though. I've been averaging about 800 calories and i have started to incorporate juice drinks for calories.
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have my goal in MFP set to lose .5 pounds per week. That gives me about 1450 net calories per day. What I actually eat is closer to 1800 - 2000. Except on hiking days, when I get about 2600 and STILL leave 400 on the table!! Love those hiking calories! :love:
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My baseline is 1380 a day then whatever I earn from exercise. I don't always eat all of the exercise calories, but sometimes I go over the 1380 on days that I don't work out so I figure that makes up for it :wink:
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I aged a year and it bumped me up from 1200 to 1250. MFP estimates I burn about 1750 from normal daily stuff. I work out a lot but my desk job makes me technically sedentary.

1200 calories was very difficult at first because my body was used to me feeding it much more.

You definitely try to get the most out of the calories you do eat at 1250 a day - oatmeal is very filling for breakfast, lentils are awesome for lunch/dinner.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I love food. I eat at least 2000 calories on any given day. :)
  • raleighgoodwins
    raleighgoodwins Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I eat around 1400 - 1500 calories per day and on the days that I exercise I tend to eat a little bit more - around 1600 - 1700. I am still within my calorie limit. I found that when I first started the 1400 calories per day i was really hungry all the time (before that I was eating 2000 calories per day and I wasn't gaining but wasn't losing either). so in the beginning it was very difficult but after a couple of weeks my stomach must have shrunk because it got a lot easier. I have also found that having vegetables and fruits on hand for snacks has really helped me to meet my calorie goal and not be hungry all the time. I tend to eat raw green beans, raw carrots, apples, oranges, grapes, and a lot of salad - at least 1 salad every day with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and a light dressing. If I eat the salad before the main meal, like dinner, it helps me to not eat so much. One thing I've noticed in tracking my food is that you can add a lot of calories really easily with dairy, nuts, and carbohydrates. I'm not doing a low/no carb diet or anything but I find that I can eat more if I limit the dairy and the carbohydrates.
  • Canbfit4life
    Options
    Yes I eat 1500
  • crimznrose
    crimznrose Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    MFP has me on 1530 per day + whatever exercise calories I have. I've stayed pretty true to it's adjusting goals for my weigh-ins. It seems to have kept me on a steady weight loss so far while I'm not starving. Before, I was eating 1200 and my doctor told me that wasn't enough. The trick is keeping your sodium down (water retention) and not overdoing the carbs or fats. From everything I've heard being a little over on protein is alright, so I'm not worried about that so much. It's worked for me so far and I'll be adding daily exercise to it as soon as my P90X gets here.

12769389.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I try to net around 1900 a day. I love food and do not fear it. When you let that go, living a healthy lifestyle is great. I usually end up eating a lot more too since I try and eat my exercise calories as well :)
  • auddiejo
    Options
    I struggle to eat my 1200 cals. on a daily basis. I feel like im constantly eating as is anyways.
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1830 without exercise. I would die if I had to do only 1200.
  • TrophyWifeSass
    TrophyWifeSass Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Very very happy at 1600-2200 a day. Tried the 1200-1400 and was a grade A B!TCH, losing better and keeping my hard earned lean muscle mass. Don't fear the fuel people, you need it!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    double to triple that. :tongue:
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I do now. I was on 1200 for a few weeks, lost a bit, then stalled, and gained, so with advice from Helloitsdan, I've upped to 1750, and lost 2.5lb this week.

1200 was leaving me lightheaded and dizzy - too low for me , even though I'm only 4ft 11.5"
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm around 2000 total. 1730 + exercise calories.
  • knbrooks728
    Options
    I am eating about 1500 calories a day including slow carbs. (No white bread, white flour, white sugar, or tropical fruit. But I can eat dairy, all animal proteins, nuts, tofu, brown rice, sweet potatoes, veggies, beans, and fruits. I also drink wine and sometimes a square of dark chocolate.) I am attempting to follow Dr.Weils food pyramid. When I exercise I have to put the calories back so 300 calories burned means I am eating 1800 calories that day. I cheat once a week, every Saturday, and I allow myself WHATEVER I want including dessert. My only rule is I have to workout on that day. Also, scheduling the cheat day keeps me from eating bad things during the week. I eat 5 times a day and my weight loss is slow and steady but I am suffering no blood sugar swings because of protein in every meal. But when I lose weight it is all fat. (Measured by a doctor). I never feel deprived and I am not having mood swings. By cooking all of my food (except for cheat day) I can make healthy versions what I want. I hope this helps!