Guys....when you send a FR to a girl....

Options

Replies

• KevDaniel
    KevDaniel Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I know it may come as a shock here, but I only add people .. guys or girls .. that are motivating, or that are interesting in some respect. I have no desire to pick up chicks on MFP lol seems a little odd to me.
  • sboskovi
    Options
    in all honesty this has been said numerous times before, we are guys, what more can you expect from us? Sending you the "hey you're hot" is better than sending you the "God what I would do to you..." message. All of you want to know why we would want to be friends, what are we suppose to write?? Hey, I want to be friends because you seem like you have been successful? well where will that conversation ever lead in friendship? to me just asking you for advice? I mean honestly i think this is a pointless post haha, and i mean if it was something derogatory said in a message okay I can see that but this is just stupid...you started working out and eating healthy to be a healthier person, which you knew looking better would come with the territory. if you dont like the compliments than take your pictures off of MFP and save them to you computer....

end of rant...
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    LMAO - seriously though, why wouldn't you want a guy to tell you "you're hot"? He could be the nicest guy in the world and you wouldn't know because you rejected his FR based on that comment!
  • LeeDahlen38
    LeeDahlen38 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just want to thank everyone who contributed..... I've never laughed so hard in all my life. I actually got dizzy a few times!! Oh and to the guy who said "I just FR for ideas and support..." Yeah what you doin in this thread then?? I'm sure you read playboy for the articles too! I needed a good laugh!! Mission accomplished!!! <and I shared it too!>
  • jenniet04
    jenniet04 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the "you're hot" FR, but if I find the person boring otherwise I usually ignore them. It's usually evident after 3 messages.

"You're hot."
    "Thanks. Is that usually one of your prerequisites to adding someone as a friend here?"
    "LOL"
    "Did that really make you laugh out loud?"
    "LOL...i love funny hot chicks."
    *delete*

LOL
    Exactly. You proved my point.

I love proving a hot chicks point. But you're all I got at the moment.
    i think I just got dissed.

You totally got dissed! But I think "you're hot"
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    This is a funny thread. I don' t have to worry yet about ulterior motives. Friend away!
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    I don't mind the "you're hot" FR, but if I find the person boring otherwise I usually ignore them. It's usually evident after 3 messages.

"You're hot."
    "Thanks. Is that usually one of your prerequisites to adding someone as a friend here?"
    "LOL"
    *delete*

LOL

I'll go get the baby oil.
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options

"You're hot."
    "LOL"
    *delete*

LOL

I'll go get the baby oil.
    Bring your tripod! Assuming, of course, that you want to apply the baby oil for us and your hands will be too slippery to hold the camera.
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I usually say " You look smart, be my friend..........or else.................:flowerforyou: "

Lol I would so accept :)
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    I always point out that I am typing my request one handed.....
    ^^^^ WINNER^^^^ thats so funny.. took me a second to get it though...

One time I typed it no handed but it looked more like.. iksa tyypoiunmgh thiusd weith mno hands

omg!!
  • _Kitten_Kate
    _Kitten_Kate Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    But seriously, what else do we really have to go on??? You have a sexy profile pic up, naturally we're going to be drawn to that, and chances are, that's all we have to go on since we are not yet friends. You ladies are too hard on guys for being guys. A friend request is sent, to get to know you and your fitness beliefs........now, if after accepting, a guy makes inappropriate comments, then cut him free. But dont assume a guy is a *kitten* because he compliments you on how you look when sending a fr.

Yup... I agree.
    Plus... if you don't want the attention from men who, well all are horn dogs, then don't put a scantly clad pic as you user profile pic.
    You can't pretend to hate the horn dog when to be honest... we all really like it.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    Soo many comments on here about girls showing themselves off but being put off by being leered at. I'm genuinely surprised.

Seriously people, these women want to show off their achievements, but that doesn't meen they want you to spend all day trolling through their profile pics and screaming their name while belting the underside of your desk.

I couldn't care what people look like on here. Yes I have several attractive people in my friends list, and I am happy to compliment them on their looks and/or acheivements. But never have I wanted to fill up my home page with pics of hot girls - that's not what I'm here for!

If you are hot and a raving nutter, or are frequently inactive, you're still hitting the trash pile.

Ok, now on topic :P. I have only sent a couple of invitations to females on here, and usually based on them having posted something I found useful on the forums. To date I have only had one declin/no response... you know who you are!!! :huh: :wink:
  • _Kitten_Kate
    Options
    I like to send tactful FRs.

Like "I find your intelligence and wit so attractive. Can I motorboat them?"

LOL.

I love men... so...crass and tasteless...and funny.
  • _Kitten_Kate
    Options
    I enjoy compliments. But it is probably different coming from a woman vs. sending to a woman.

I enjoy compliments too.

I think some people are just to full of themselves. Get a lil humble.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    That's why my FRs say "I don't think you're hot, but I can only see so much through your curtains." :tongue:
    :noway:
    :frown:
    :sad:
    There's no smiley for "phobia of someone looking through the windows in the evening."

There's also no smiley for sarcasm and a sense of humor. :tongue:
  • Crys32
    Crys32 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    one time i wrote "nice *kitten*". :laugh:

I sent that to a woman once. She denied me....

That made me lol for real.
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I think I'd rather have a creepy message than none at all. And a compliment is a compliment.
  • lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Does being an MFP friend really do anything anyway? I feel extremely removed from my MFP friends!

Editd to add - I wll gladly accept any guy who tells me I am hot. Just sayin'....
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    hehe
  • Acmcneil0908
    Options
    ACK!!!! Don't tell them these secrets...if they PRETEND to be normal non-creeps, I'll accept their FR's in error! At least when they ACT like creeps, I know to hit the decline button!

I agree!