Can some people never fit in a sz 2?

Options
1235»

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

how tall are you if you don't mind me asking? nevermind i see you are 5'3 - that explains the whole post. lol.
    when you get into the 5'9 + range it is physically impossible for some of us to get a size 2 around our hip bones no matter what we weigh.

I wasn't too sure about taller people really. I just keep seeing a lot of people who are short also all saying they have large frames and could never be that size or would look sick. I've never seen a person my height look sick at a size 2 personally.

I'll also admit that I do take a little offense to all the "that size looks sick etc etc" comments so that probably influences my comments lol.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I think most average framed people can fit into a modern day size US size 2 (which really isn't that small). I can't imagine that the majority of the population is large framed. I have a huge butt and I fit into a 2/4 at my current weight. I used to be a 14 before all the weight loss. Below a 2 or 4 for a tall person might be harder I'm guessing but its not that unattainable.

I don't get why everyone thinks they would look "sickly" at a healthy weight still.

this. but hey, if someone want's to be a size 10 or 12 and thinks they would look unhealthy lower whatev....their body. Personally I don't generally think double digit sizes are healthy or "normal" for any woman who is under 6' but I'm not the queen of the world and someone should look how they want first and foremost.

But a size 2 is not universal and not that small. I'm almost 5'8" and 150, I'm a size 6 in most things, wear extra small and small tops, yoga pants, sweats, ect even though I'm really busty and have curves and seriously...they aren't that tiny...clothing sizes are getting bigger. I always assumed I was large boned because I was fat and it was a nice excuse.
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options

how tall are you if you don't mind me asking? nevermind i see you are 5'3 - that explains the whole post. lol.
    when you get into the 5'9 + range it is physically impossible for some of us to get a size 2 around our hip bones no matter what we weigh.

I wasn't too sure about taller people really. I just keep seeing a lot of people who are short also all saying they have large frames and could never be that size or would look sick. I've never seen a person my height look sick at a size 2 personally.

I'll also admit that I do take a little offense to all the "that size looks sick etc etc" comments so that probably influences my comments lol.

I agree about the comments, I think that it is stupid to say a size 2 looks sick - it totally depends on the person. There are a lot of tall people in my family and we just happened to have large hip bones. As a skinny, and I mean ribs sticking out skinny, teenager a 6/7 was the smallest size I wore.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Lots of people wear a size 2 and look great in it!

I have never worn smaller than a size 10. I am 5'5" and my lowest weight was 118 (too thin for me) and I wore a size 10. So those who assume that people who are not smaller than a "double digit" are fat just don't have the same bone structure as those of us who have wider hips and shoulders. Just like there are apple shaped, pear shaped and hourglass shaped people, everyone has a different structure.

I know I will look good in a 10/12, I already look good in a nice fitting 14. I only have 20 lbs to go to hit my goal and I will be a 10/12 at that time. I will look and feel good and that's what matters. And I won't judge those who have different frames from me by insinuating they are fat because they wear a size larger or insinuating that they are anorexic because they wear a size 2.
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Lots of people wear a size 2 and look great in it!

I have never worn smaller than a size 10. I am 5'5" and my lowest weight was 118 (too thin for me) and I wore a size 10. So those who assume that people who are not smaller than a "double digit" are fat just don't have the same bone structure as those of us who have wider hips and shoulders. Just like there are apple shaped, pear shaped and hourglass shaped people, everyone has a different structure.

I know I will look good in a 10/12, I already look good in a nice fitting 14. I only have 20 lbs to go to hit my goal and I will be a 10/12 at that time. I will look and feel good and that's what matters. And I won't judge those who have different frames from me by insinuating they are fat because they wear a size larger or insinuating that they are anorexic because they wear a size 2.

<3