Hole crap guys....

Options
123457»

Replies

• messyinthekitchen
    messyinthekitchen Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is another day. Do better tomorrow!
  • Hoakiebs
    Hoakiebs Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hell, one Burrito from Qdoba or Chipotle will usually run 1100-1200 calories. It's not too hard to do. Just be reasonable the rest of the day, or go get some exercise and EARN your binge.
  • Marilyn_Rose
    Options
    Well, I do think we need to be careful about using such emotional, trigger loaded, ED based language. Binge, the word means a complete lack of control. As someone who used to drug binge and who still occasionally booze binges (I know, I know...I'm growing out of it slowly) I wouldn't say 1000 calories, which is a typical meal for someone not dieting, counts as a binge.

As someone who in the past suffered from EDNOS and bulimia with a restictive subtype, I would say that I'm pretty sure I know what a binge is... But thanks.

It doesn't matter the amount of calories someone eats when they binge. That number may be differant for everyone. A binge is defined as "A period of excessive or uncontrolled indulgence in food or drink". Eating in excess will be different for everybody because everybody eats a different amount of calories and has a different view on what the word "excess" means.

And thank you, to all of you that left supportive messages. :D
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :)
    ...except to nice lady that called me disturbing. That was slightly less than helpful...

I didn't call you disturbing, I said the tumbler site link you have on your profile disturbed me. It appeared to be about anorexia and how young women with anorexia feel about themselves it made me very sad to see all those beautiful young women trying to starve themselves because they think they are fat and ugly when they are certainly not. It gave me a small insight into how much they suffer. I assumed you posted it for people to look at and comment on. If I offended you by doing so then I apologise. :flowerforyou:

I do sincerely wish you luck on your journey.
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I did that last weekend when my sister came to visit - burger, fries, onion rings! I felt bad and I STILL logged it in as a reminder how fast it all adds up....shake it off and you will be fine :)
    Can we define "binge"? This is frankly insulting. Eating a hamburger is completely unrelated to binging.

I think that was her point, that 1000 calories isn't really a binge, that a normal meal sometimes contain the amount she was calling a binge, and to additionally illustrate the importance of logging everything.
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    As someone who in the past suffered from EDNOS and bulimia with a restictive subtype, I would say that I'm pretty sure I know what a binge is... But thanks.

I've read through this thread and I'm feeling quite concerned and worried for you. Is your binge because of how much you've been restricting? Are you still in treatment? Does your doctor know you want to lose 40 pounds when you are already in a normal weight range?

I can see that 1,000 calories would be a horrible binge to someone who restricts their calories severely. But fit, happy, confident girls (your aspirations) are eating plenty of calories - more than 1,000 per day, more like 2,000+. If you have the choice, please don't make the choice of an ED. If you can't make that choice for yourself, please get help.