Boob jobs...

Options

Replies

• HoLLyZ82
    HoLLyZ82 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    i LOVE my new boobies. i didnt have anything to begin with but after my weight loss i was as flat as a board so i bought new ones and the only regret i have is not going a wee bit bigger! :laugh: LOVE the curve it gives instead of just having hips :) makes shiopping way more fun....just ask my husbands checking account.
  • bearbumper
    Options
    I have one daughter who had one done nearly 20 years ago. What she discovered, long after, is that gravity still does its job and you will sag as the years go by. If it becomes bad enough to bother the person, then the only way to fix it is to go at least a size larger. This is something that they do not tell you if you do not ask, and they may not even know if they are too new to the field! Just and FYI!
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Options
    Yes! Interned at a surgeon's office for a good while and I know the risks and complications BUT I'm also a breast cancer survivor so my decision is partially biased. While I love my babies, they would definitely make me feel 100x's better about myself if they were done/corrected. To each their own. Personally, I love the way my particular surgeon (the one I'm considering) makes them look. So perky and natural. He's also really expensive but it's worth it! I can't wait to have no issues buying bras and having the ability to burn all those damn removable pads I own! :laugh:
  • minimaggie
    minimaggie Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and a 34C. My current boyfriend thinks I'm a DD but he's a guy so how the hell would he know. He says it's cause my boobs don't stay in my bra. I know I'm not a D and def not a DD.

I want a boob job because my breast look like cow utters when I bend over. When I lay back they look like half empty water balloons and my nipples sink inside them. So not sexy.

My bf said he's not a boob guy and wish mine were smaller. Said if they were like maybe a small B I'd be perfect. Yeah, well you can take that comment and shove it, fat *kitten*! I'm getting them lifted with a small implant to shape them, not make them bigger. I want to be a full C, nothing more.

I had lost over 100lbs before joining MFP and I totally understand how you feel. Once I hit my goal weight its a lift and reinflate for me!!!!
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I would like to get one when I reach my goal but not to increase the size. I would like mine put back into place after having kids and loosing weight they just aren't the same! LOL :wink:

^^^^^ This . . . the size is just fine . . . current condition and position (after nursing baby & weight loss), not so much
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Umm so what about naturally big boobed women? Are we just out then? I like how everyone thinks small boobs are elegant and desirable while big boob are trashy and ugly. I happen to have naturally big boobs, so in order for me to be more desirable I should get them reduced??

Honey trust me....No one hates big boobs..
  • tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Great post!

I had always been anti-BA, just because I didn't understand why a woman couldn't be happy with what she had. Well, I guess that was easy for me to say when I had a 36C pre-pregnancy and 36D post baby. Well, I have lost nearly 30 pounds and am in the best shape of my life. Major downside - I have NO breast left. I wear a 34B, but really likely only need an A cup bra. It has made swimsuit and strapless dresses/tops look very awkward. When I look in the mirror, I almost feel "boy-like".

So, my views have changed. I say a woman has to do what makes her feel beautiful and confident. Personally, I would really like to have my 36C back.

Your story is really very common. I recently wrote a post on my blog about this. In the US, 90% of women who have had a BA have had at least 1 child. Only 40% do it for purely cosmetic reasons. The other 60% is divided among women who have it done because of a birth defect (chest wall deformity, tuberous breasts, Poland's syndrom, nonexistent breast tissue), women that have lost large amounts of weight, or to correct asymmetry from breast feeding, weight loss, or development. Many women change their minds after different steps in life.

It definitely should be about what makes her feel beautiful and confident!
  • Carrot1971
    Carrot1971 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I wasn't born with large breasts. When I was pregnanct I went from 34 FULL B (probably C) back down to 34B. After nursing 4 kids and losing weight I'm now an A (barely). I know my husband loves me the way I am but he is definitely a "boob man". At 40 I've lost all the perk. If I had the money I would definitely get a BA. Although the cheap skate in me would fight for paying off bills, paying down mortgage, getting new carpet, etc. LOL
  • jmobashrn11
    Options
    You may not always be able to tell if a boob job is fake by looking at it, but you can definitely tell by how they feel. And I would argue against that, as I can always tell if it's fake/natural by how round the breast is - natural boobs will not have the shelving effect when they are pushed up - they look squishy instead of hard. Natural breasts *should* spill over to the side when you lay down on your back and *should* be more conical when you're bending over. This obsession with having a very perky round boob is something that's been pushed by the media - it's not something that many women have naturally as they age.

I've gone back and forth between whether or not I think they're ok. Personally, I think plastic surgery in general (aside from reconstructive for those who are burn victims, breast cancer, etc to restore what was there before) just feeds into the superficiality of our society. Someone stated that if every woman got a boob job, nobody would be able to tell. Well, I argue that if plastic surgery was only reserved for those times when it was really needed, women (and men) would not feel the pressure to live up to a standard that includes placing fake materials in your body, going under general anesthesia, and risking your life for the sake of physical appearance.

That being said, I know several friends that have had them done, and they were happy with their results. But it did not solve their insecurities with their body, nor did it suddenly make their lives better. It's not a quick fix for your self-esteem at all.

You are more than your boobs. Period.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Umm so what about naturally big boobed women? Are we just out then? I like how everyone thinks small boobs are elegant and desirable while big boob are trashy and ugly. I happen to have naturally big boobs, so in order for me to be more desirable I should get them reduced??

Not at all, I really hope you didn't misread my previous post as I think I'm the only one who said, "trashy." Natural boobs, no matter what the size are beautiful. Fake boobs, like I said, "in my 'humble' opinion" are trashy, mainly when you have the super skinny girls with these balls just sitting on their chest. My opinion greatly differs when the operation was done due to surviving breast cancer or the like.
  • Carolyn72
    Carolyn72 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    As a "hippy" gal, I can remember being about 110 pounds and struggling to find a dress that would fit my hips and my 34B chest. If I found a dress that fit my chest, it stretched across my hips too tightly. A dress that fit my hips hung off my shoulders like a potato sack. For years I've had to re-sew the shoulder seams of dresses to make them look decent on my body. Now, after nursing four babies, the effect is even worse--stretched, flabby small boobs and even larger hips. I might add that I am not a gifted seamstress!

For me, having a procedure to bump me up a cup would not only help my quests for clothing, but would help me to see my body as more proportionate. I'd like my frontside to be proportionate to my backside for once. I doubt many people would notice the change in my body, but I am sure they'd notice a change in my confidence!
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options

Not at all, I really hope you didn't misread my previous post as I think I'm the only one who said, "trashy." Natural boobs, no matter what the size are beautiful. Fake boobs, like I said, "in my 'humble' opinion" are trashy, mainly when you have the super skinny girls with these balls just sitting on their chest. My opinion greatly differs when the operation was done due to surviving breast cancer or the like.

your opinion, is a ****ty opinion.

they arent fake, theyre as real as anyones. you can touch them therefore theyre real.
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    So what exactly is the purpose of this post? If it doesn't relate to you what's the point?
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    It's not for me...but I I don't care at all what others do! I have no negative opinions on the subject and I won't say that I wouldn't ever consider it after having kids or something like that...but most likely not.

Facial plastic surgery is what scares me, there's no going back from that and you never know if you'll like your new face!
  • JustFloorIt
    JustFloorIt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Not a fan of them myself. Small natural > big fake. In some cases, I don't mind it as long as they don't go overboard with size. I would like a pair of a's before a big pair of fake d's
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options

they arent fake, theyre as real as anyones. you can touch them therefore theyre real.

That's real mature. No, they are not "real." They did not come from your body, they are not made of muscle or breast tissue. They are bags filled with silicone or salt water.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options

That's real mature. No, they are not "real." They did not come from your body, they are not made of muscle or breast tissue. They are bags filled with silicone or salt water.

your entire demeanour on this subject implies boob envy.

just sayin.
  • amoeba15
    amoeba15 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting a boob job as soon as I can afford it. I need a whole bunch cut off and the rest lifted lol.

You should check to see if it's covered by your insurance. A lot of the time a reduction IS covered. Mine was and it was the best decision I've made.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    no. Yuk
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options

your entire demeanour on this subject implies boob envy.

just sayin.

I've got a great 34C rack. No boob envy here.