Boob jobs...

Options

Replies

• tinyjourney
    tinyjourney Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Not at all, I really hope you didn't misread my previous post as I think I'm the only one who said, "trashy." Natural boobs, no matter what the size are beautiful. Fake boobs, like I said, "in my 'humble' opinion" are trashy, mainly when you have the super skinny girls with these balls just sitting on their chest. My opinion greatly differs when the operation was done due to surviving breast cancer or the like.

Obviously you know nothing about implants. I don't see why you are in this thread if it does not apply to you. You are trolling and offending some people. Disrespect and rudeness will get you nowhere.

My "trashy balls" as you call them do not look like balls. I am a skinny girl with larger implants.

Bikini2.jpg
  • Feel_the_Waltz
    Feel_the_Waltz Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You may not always be able to tell if a boob job is fake by looking at it, but you can definitely tell by how they feel. And I would argue against that, as I can always tell if it's fake/natural by how round the breast is - natural boobs will not have the shelving effect when they are pushed up - they look squishy instead of hard. Natural breasts *should* spill over to the side when you lay down on your back and *should* be more conical when you're bending over. This obsession with having a very perky round boob is something that's been pushed by the media - it's not something that many women have naturally as they age.

I've gone back and forth between whether or not I think they're ok. Personally, I think plastic surgery in general (aside from reconstructive for those who are burn victims, breast cancer, etc to restore what was there before) just feeds into the superficiality of our society. Someone stated that if every woman got a boob job, nobody would be able to tell. Well, I argue that if plastic surgery was only reserved for those times when it was really needed, women (and men) would not feel the pressure to live up to a standard that includes placing fake materials in your body, going under general anesthesia, and risking your life for the sake of physical appearance.

That being said, I know several friends that have had them done, and they were happy with their results. But it did not solve their insecurities with their body, nor did it suddenly make their lives better. It's not a quick fix for your self-esteem at all.

You are more than your boobs. Period.

Well put!
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I have huge boobs and let me tell you ladies, I wish I was flat-chested.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    I'm fine with them s long as a woman is doing it for HER and not some dude (or all of us :P). Whatever makes you happy...it's your body and your life...your decision.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Umm so what about naturally big boobed women? Are we just out then? I like how everyone thinks small boobs are elegant and desirable while big boob are trashy and ugly. I happen to have naturally big boobs, so in order for me to be more desirable I should get them reduced??

Not at all, I really hope you didn't misread my previous post as I think I'm the only one who said, "trashy." Natural boobs, no matter what the size are beautiful. Fake boobs, like I said, "in my 'humble' opinion" are trashy, mainly when you have the super skinny girls with these balls just sitting on their chest. My opinion greatly differs when the operation was done due to surviving breast cancer or the like.

your opinion, is a ****ty opinion.

they arent fake, theyre as real as anyones. you can touch them therefore theyre real.

That's real mature. No, they are not "real." They did not come from your body, they are not made of muscle or breast tissue. They are bags filled with silicone or salt water.

your entire demeanour on this subject implies boob envy.

just sayin.

I've got a great 34C rack. No boob envy here.

so why label all women who arent breast cancer survivors who have had surgery trashy?!
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options

Obviously you know nothing about implants. I don't see why you are in this thread if it does not apply to you. You are trolling and offending some people. Disrespect and rudeness will get you nowhere.

My "trashy balls" as you call them do not look like balls. I am a skinny girl with larger implants.

Bikini2.jpg

I'm not going to comment on your boobs, simply out of respect. But if they make you happy that's cool. I'm still entitled to me opinion.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Not everyone who has their breasts enhanced do it just because they want a bigger rack. Some women require reconstructive surgery after cancer, or other circumstances. Or any woman who has had and breastfed children will tell you, your breasts are never the same after.

I'm naturally large chested, but once I'm at my goal weight and bf% and am finished having children, I fully plan to have a breast augmentation. Basically a total reconstruction, which may involve a small implant, depending on the havoc future children wreak on my breasts.

To generalize and say that breast implants are trashy is just simply ignorant. While there are significant risks, it's important to find a really good surgeon and consult your regular physician as well before any kind of surgery.
  • nikki84g
    Options
    I will when I'm done having kids. I'm still nursing my first and my pretty 36C's are now sad looking 40F's. I can't wait to get these sucker put back where they were!
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    Umm so what about naturally big boobed women? Are we just out then? I like how everyone thinks small boobs are elegant and desirable while big boob are trashy and ugly. I happen to have naturally big boobs, so in order for me to be more desirable I should get them reduced??

they arent fake, theyre as real as anyones. you can touch them therefore theyre real.

That's real mature. No, they are not "real." They did not come from your body, they are not made of muscle or breast tissue. They are bags filled with silicone or salt water.

just sayin.

so why label all women who arent breast cancer survivors who have had surgery trashy?!

Please read all of what I said. I said, "MAINLY" the super skinny girls with these balls on their chest. That is trashy, granted your's do not look trashy as they fit your body, and I'm sure you don't care about my opinion but still I'm against boob jobs
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I think it is okay for someone to not like fake boobs. She's entitled to her honest opinion, there's no reason to be offended by it. Some people think tattoos and piercings are trashy, but it doesn't offend me because it was a choice I made for myself and not others and I realize that not everyone feels the same way about it. I don't see this as being any different.
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Personally I like the lady as she is no matter the size but if you want to and it makes you feel better then do it.
    Just don`t think that it is what makes you. :flowerforyou:

This
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    This is what I have to say about large breasts--

My breast size has nothing to do with me being 40 lbs overweight. I am 5'2", and even when I weighed 110, I still had 38F breasts (and they are *really* noticeable when you're that thin). I know that some women's breasts get smaller when they lose weight, but that is unfortunately not going to be me. (It's genetic, I come from a long line of large-breasted women).

Having had large breasts all my life, I will say this to women who are considering them--
    Think long and hard about getting ones that are appropriate for your body size/frame. Mine give me unbelievable backaches most of the time. Also, when they're big, they actually can get in the way when you're trying to sleep. Hugging can be awkward sometimes because some people just don't know what to do about them and they're embarrassed. Finding clothes can be a real pain in the butt, because XL doesn't necessarily mean for bigger breasts, what it most often means is for a taller woman. Oh, and larger size bras are uber expensive. If you want nice ones that offer support and attractiveness, good luck finding anything of quality under $50.

These are just a few of the drawbacks to having large breasts. I also suggest watching a really great documentary-- "My Big Breasts and Me." You can find it at http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/my-big-breasts-and-me/

Of course, in spite of all these drawbacks, I would never get a reduction. It is just something you learn to live with. I just thought I would offer some things to consider that people don't usually think about when they consider breast enlargement.

Good luck!

Not to mention the back problems that can develop when you are "top/front heavy".

I had about a 36C and when I dropped the first 10lbs they stayed (so did my belly and butt and thighs). But when I went Primal I dropped another 10lbs (from my belly, boobs and my thighs, not so much from my butt but that's okay). I am now a 34A and the skin doesn't look so good because of almost 30 years of 36C. And my left has always been bigger than my right. It looks even worse now. So, if I ever have the money I just might look into it.
  • paulamarsden
    Options

just sayin.

Please read all of what I said. I said, "MAINLY" the super skinny girls with these balls on their chest. That is trashy, granted your's do not look trashy as they fit your body, and I'm sure you don't care about my opinion but still I'm against boob jobs

being against something for no apparent reason is ignorant. Whether you want to admit that to yourself or not, frankly even if i were super skinny, which i dont think i will ever be, why should that alter how you percieve me as a person?

im not trashy because i choose to enhance my body. no-one is.

and in answer to the tattoo comparison, i feel exactly the same way, i have plenty of ink, and i think people who judge me based on that artwork upon MY body are foolish ignorant A-holes.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options
    I think it is okay for someone to not like fake boobs. She's entitled to her honest opinion, there's no reason to be offended by it. Some people think tattoos and piercings are trashy, but it doesn't offend me because it was a choice I made for myself and not others and I realize that not everyone feels the same way about it. I don't see this as being any different.

This. I was going to mention tattoos and piercings as well. I've got them and don't give a damn if people think they're trashy.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    As a dude, I can say that many dudes quite like small boobs. Don't feel like they have to be bigger just to attract guys.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options

just sayin.

being against something for no apparent reason is ignorant. Whether you want to admit that to yourself or not, frankly even if i were super skinny, which i dont think i will ever be, why should that alter how you percieve me as a person?

and in answer to the tattoo comparison, i feel exactly the same way, i have plenty of ink, and i think people who judge me based on that artwork upon MY body are foolish ignorant A-holes.
    Maybe it's just how I read it, but I didn't feel that she was trying to judge anyone as a person, but more so just the look itself. Trashy might not be the most delicate way to put it, but in the end if that's her honest opinion I don't think she should be attacked for it. It all comes down to personal preference. But that's just my opinion.
  • EmCarroll1990
    Options

just sayin.

I'm against breast enhancements (except for the medical reasons) because it's superficial. You're feeding into what society and the media has told you you should look like - whether you want to admit that to yourself or not. I feel you should be happy in the body that you have, everyone's bodies are beautiful and shouldn't be altered because of society.
  • Melmade
    Melmade Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    can't speak for all the guys but as to me. i think what ever makes the woman happy and feel great about herself is great. and i am for it.

^^this!^^

If you want them, get them! I don't, but I'm big there anyway. If anything I'd get a reduction. Just know that the bigger they are, the bigger they make you look. Also, clothes are a pain in the *kitten* to find. That said, you'll probably be able to wear strapless dresses--I never could.
  • paulamarsden
    Options
    As a dude, I can say that many dudes quite like small boobs. Don't feel like they have to be bigger just to attract guys.

i met my husband when i was flat chested, i had already booked my surgery.

he supported me all the way through it and loved me both ways.
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I think women that are small and proud r super sexy. Not a fan of artificial boobs personally.