To all you haters

Options

Replies

• DisneyMommy
    Options
    Beauty comes in all shapes and sizes. Finding your "happy shape" should be the goal, not a certain number on the scale or dress size. I for one love what curves I have. If I lost to much more I would be totally straight like a stick and that is just to much for me.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    Options
    thin doesn't always mean healthy, healthy comes in all shapes and sizes :)

Then why are we all here trying to lose weight? I'm pretty sure that "healthy" doesn't come in a 400 lb size.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for affirmation and positivity and encouragement, but there are two kinds of overweight people: those who have weight-related health problems, and those who will.

I don't mean this as a personal shot at you or anyone else at all, so I hope you don't take it that way.. I just get annoyed when I see people my size and larger deluding themselves into thinking they're healthy. I spent the better part of my teens and 20's thinking like that, and now I'm paying the price and I don't like to see others make the same mistakes.

Yes, we're all beautiful, intelligent people on the inside as the original poster suggested, but that doesn't do us a bit of good if we're dead of a heart attack, or diabetes, or some other weight-related malady at a ridiculously young age.

I suppose that makes me a "hater"...I don't intend to be, but such is life I guess. :)

I finally found a sound response in this line!!! Yes, we all come in all shapes and sizes and healthy is good, but fat is not healthy by any means otherwise we wouldn't be on this site in the first place!!! Get real people!
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Very well said. Thank you. I needed to read that after the night I had last night. That was a great pick me up. :flowerforyou:
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I luv it...thank you for that!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    THAT was AWESOME! :smile:
  • tangie82
    tangie82 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    thin doesn't always mean healthy, healthy comes in all shapes and sizes :)

Then why are we all here trying to lose weight? I'm pretty sure that "healthy" doesn't come in a 400 lb size.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for affirmation and positivity and encouragement, but there are two kinds of overweight people: those who have weight-related health problems, and those who will.

I don't mean this as a personal shot at you or anyone else at all, so I hope you don't take it that way.. I just get annoyed when I see people my size and larger deluding themselves into thinking they're healthy. I spent the better part of my teens and 20's thinking like that, and now I'm paying the price and I don't like to see others make the same mistakes.

Yes, we're all beautiful, intelligent people on the inside as the original poster suggested, but that doesn't do us a bit of good if we're dead of a heart attack, or diabetes, or some other weight-related malady at a ridiculously young age.

I suppose that makes me a "hater"...I don't intend to be, but such is life I guess. :)

I finally found a sound response in this line!!! Yes, we all come in all shapes and sizes and healthy is good, but fat is not healthy by any means otherwise we wouldn't be on this site in the first place!!! Get real people!

^^^^ All of the above!
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! : ))
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Everyone loves different things. Some people think skinny is gross, some people think thick is gross. Just a matter of preference. Granted, I believe everyone is beautiful, but when it comes to being physically/sexually attracted to others, we all have our preferences. Some people don't care. We're all different and have different views. I hate that we classify people as "haters". Sure, they may not like the way they look, but who really gives a rats *kitten*?
  • rjmwx81
    rjmwx81 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You two are risk takers.
    I dont argue with people that are bigger then me.

I'm pretty big myself. That's why I'm here.
  • NatalieWiley
    NatalieWiley Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yes my clothes maybe a bigger size, that just means you have access to a bigger prize.

That is a GREAT quote!!!

Really? This is the one part that I did not find appealing in the poem!
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with your poem, so, why are you working on losing 131lbs?
  • lavendergirll
    lavendergirll Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Well said and well done:bigsmile:
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I totally just posted that on my facebook!
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with your poem, so, why are you working on losing 131lbs?

Losing weight isn't always for looks. It can also be for health.

When you are obese you are at risk for heart conditions, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.

You can however be a thicker woman and be in good health.

But being obese and healthy, not so much.
  • jcr85
    jcr85 Posts: 229
    Options
    Since when did curvy become obese?
  • FatNurseSlim
    Options
    When you’re a thicker woman, people like to say "yeah, she's cute in the face", as if being thick is such a disgrace. Honey, I’m cute in the face, and I’m thick in the waist. I look good whether I’m in cotton, leather, or lace. I’m beautiful, vibrant and above all, smart! Yes my clothes maybe a bigger size, that just means you have access to a bigger prize. We all are not self-conscious about our weight, and we never have a problem getting a date. So don’t think your small frame gives you more pull, I’m a hot, sexy, curvy woman with a figure that's full!!
    So tired of people judging people for the size they are!! BE REAL PEOPLE!

I absolutely love this!
  • meliibabii87
    Options
    Love This!!!
    So true!
    =]
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!! Great post!!
  • kp1439
    kp1439 Posts: 343 Member