To all you haters

Options

Replies

• katherinemm31
    Options
    I give you an A for the thought, because I somewhat agree. We should all be comfortable in our own skin.

But also an F, because it was a terrible poem to be honest.
    :laugh:
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I glanced through a few comments...Why is everyonen jumping the gun?? Nothing she said mentioned or hinted that fat is healthy. She is simply saying that she is sexy, some find it sexy and there is nothing wrong with that. There's tons of skinny folks that are far from being sexy and HEALTHY. Many of you need a reality check.....confidence and dream killers is what you are
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I love people who are sitting here defining what it means to be curvy and who gets to call themselves that. So many sentient dictionaries on this site.

People be happy with themselves if they want. They can call themselves curvy or thick or BBW. They can feel beautiful. It's really not your place to decide they can't. Don't like their body type? Don't have sex with them, don't have that body type yourself. You cannot, and should not attempt to, control how other people view their own body. Fat or Thin. If someone is on this site they are very likely here to get healthy. That doesn't always mean skinny. And if they want to lose weight but already have self esteem? Good for them.

The main problem I had with the OP is that it seemed bashing to people who are not obese.
  • VeronicaMcGuinness
    Options
    I was Just as beautiful at 244 as I am now at 119...I feel good and look even better , skinny may not be sexy to most but that's plenty fine by me , I am not just skinny , I am HEALTHY which was the whole point of me joining this site!. I also joined to take responsibility for what I had done to myself and because I was sick and tired of people saying I had a pretty face and moo'ing at me what I walked down the street , I used those as tools and motivation...I have curves in all of the RIGHT places now and I am proud of my accomplishments! And if I must say so myself , My face is still pretty without the 35 chins!
  • katherinemm31
    Options
    btw us lighter people get judged but bigger people don't want to huh? hhmmm
    Sometimes I think it's more difficult to be a small, thin guy than it is to be a bigger guy, the same way it's more difficult for a bigger woman than it is a smaller woman. Our society has certain expectations that are related to gender and traditional roles--most of which are bunk. If I lived in the 1800's I would probably be considered gorgeous--or at least very pretty because my excess weight would indicate wealth. In this culture, I am overweight.

It sucks going through life never liking how you look. At age 42, I am still struggling. Good for the person who started this thread for feeling fine about her looks! I am jealous.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm trying to lose the weight, but mostly to be healthy not skinny, I never want to be get below a size 8, my goal size is a 10 or a 12. I've been size 16/18 for years now. I've been completely happy with that. Tons of health problems run in my family and majority of my family is overweight, I don't want to be the next one with diabetes or high cholesterol, heart problem, etc. That's why I'm on this site, to track myself and nip the family chain in the butt!

I do agree you should be comfortable in your skin, I have seen tons of gorgeous heavy people, as well as horrible looking one's. Same can be said for skinny people, some people I see, I feel like they look sickly skinny. I never want to be that
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I think we all know that to be obese isn't healthy. I think things like this poem are not to glorify being obese or to say it is good. As others have said, if we thought that, we wouldn't be here. I see things like this as more of a rejection of the shame that society insists on placing on peope who are obese. We are treated as though we are ugly and invisible and not worthy to be called women. If we have the audacity to reject that treatment or notion, someone will surely remind us or put us in our place. This thread proves that. And if I proclaim that I am worthy as I am, it is not to say that thin people are not worthy or beautiful. Obviously they are.

I am working on my better self, but I am beautiful and worthy as I am now. That is what I take from the OP's poem and I am with her all the way in this notion.
  • StrawberrySt
    Options
    slim = sexy
    curvy = sexy
    obese DOES NOT = sexy
    The term 'Fat' is objectionable. But if you are considered 'fat' in this day and age (where fat really means obese) then you are not simply 'curvy'

Obesity is a serious issue, not just for self esteem but for health reasons. It is not healthy in any way shape or form. Obese people need to lose weight. I can guarantee you that if you are obese you are not making healthy food or life choices.

You can feel sexy and fabulous all you want, but seriously take a step back and think of how many years obese people are taking off their lives. Still feel sexy?
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Still waiting for someone to tell me I got a cute face damn it!

Other things tend to distract the eyes. <_<
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I think we all know that to be obese isn't healthy. I think things like this poem are not to glorify being obese or to say it is good. As others have said, if we thought that, we wouldn't be here. I see things like this as more of a rejection of the shame that society insists on placing on peope who are obese. We are treated as though we are ugly and invisible and not worthy to be called women. If we have the audacity to reject that treatment or notion, someone will surely remind us or put us in our place. This thread proves that. And if I proclaim that I am worthy as I am, it is not to say that thin people are not worthy or beautiful. Obviously they are.

I am working on my better self, but I am beautiful and worthy as I am now. That is what I take from the OP's poem and I am with her all the way in this notion.

^^^ABSOLUTELY AGREED^^^
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    Stop acting like the entire ****ing world is putting you down or putting you on a pedestal. I've had severe social anxiety where in the back of my head I've thought the same thing, but when I'm being RATIONAL I know that's not true. The talk about "haters" is done either in meme culture or to try and sound cool (however it ends up sounding ghetto as ****). Nobody is actually "hating" on you.
  • jrusso28
    jrusso28 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Yes, we're all beautiful, intelligent people on the inside as the original poster suggested, but that doesn't do us a bit of good if we're dead of a heart attack, or diabetes, or some other weight-related malady at a ridiculously young age.

I suppose that makes me a "hater"...I don't intend to be, but such is life I guess. :)

Agree with this !!
  • VeronicaMcGuinness
    Options
    I agree , I would never get sickly skinny. I am very fit , not to mention I am only 5'2" so 119 is ideal weight for my height..I get more greif about being short than I do my weight..LOL! I think both side of the spectrum are guilty for judging each other , I think it is in all how you feel most comfortable , If you are happy being heavy , that is your choice...I personally was NOT happy that way., I wanted to be healthy and look good and feel good in my own skin. I am finally happy with myself and it radiates in every aspect of my life , more self esteem , better moods , much healthier..All of which I made my personal goal when I joined this site...
  • Camilalea
    Camilalea Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    While I agree with this post, I think it's worth mentioning that skinny people can be healthy and beautiful, too! People often assume that heavier people are the only ones faced with "haters." ALL body types are beautiful.
  • amyrizer
    Options
    I couldn't agree more !!! Bravo !!!!!
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    but what the F do you say if she has a cute face?

You simply say, "You're cute," and leave the face out of it. To say, "You have such a cute face," is to limit the cuteness to her face, thereby implying that, from the neck down, she is not attractive.
  • 1Timothy4v8
    1Timothy4v8 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I know Sooo many guiy's that love the chunck! so them skinny minni's need to save face
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Stop acting like the entire ****ing world is putting you down or putting you on a pedestal. I've had severe social anxiety where in the back of my head I've thought the same thing, but when I'm being RATIONAL I know that's not true. The talk about "haters" is done either in meme culture or to try and sound cool (however it ends up sounding ghetto as ****). Nobody is actually "hating" on you.

No offense, but BS. If you're fat, people are "hating on you" everywhere you go.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Options
    but what the F do you say if she has a cute face?

You simly say, "You're cute," and leave the face out of it. To say, "You have such a cute face," is to limit the cuteness to her face, thereby implying that, from the neck down, she is not attractive.

Do all women extrapolate like this? Christ, I wish I was getting random compliments from people that I could nit pick to death.
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options

HELL ****ING YEAH!

I used to think people were hating on me and my fatness all the time. I'd just be minding my own business at Golden Corral with my giant *kitten* plate of friend food and chocolate and these skinny haters would look at me and whisper to each other about me! HATERS!!!

Yeah... no. It was the fact that I was cramming food in my face hole.

Yesterday I was running (yes, actually running) up a pretty steep hill and about ready to die with my fatness and not-able-to-breathe-ness... some really cute guy drove by and gave me a thumbs up! I blushed and ran home to tell my husband.

I have not noticed a single 'hater' now that I changed my attitude. Y'all be hatin' now.