Tell me One weird fact

Options

Replies

• Cindib13
    Cindib13 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I can tie a knot in a cherry stem using my tongue. :tongue:

Me too! Although now that I'm married and pushing 40, it doesn't get near the response it used to, lol.

I get nervous getting on/off escalators
    I get anxious almost claustrophobic in elevators withtoo many people in them.

And I can flip my fingers and make them look like they have no bones. Cool party trick.

I don't get many responses either. Only one I remember is my brother-in-law said "That can come in handy". lol
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Whenever I read, I count the letters to see if they add up to a multiple of 3. If they don't, I go back and add punctuation and the dots over i and j to get it to a multiple of 3. And I'm a speed reader.
  • PrettyMindy14
    PrettyMindy14 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm full of weird facts, heres a few

I walked at 5 1/2 months
    and
    I was on Inside Edition & in Newsweek for a few pictures I took of people I thought looked weird lol
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I sing to my dog. I take "regular" songs and make up words on the spot that include her name or stories about her. I will sometimes catch myself doing this when other people are around. My good friends don't really seem to blink, but it definitely catches people who don't know me very well off guard.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    I have used the word "Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicavolcanoconiosis" to win a pub quiz. The tie-breaker question was "what is the longest word in the english dictionary? the answer was not "antidisestablishmentarianism" as the other team thought :-)

My husbands grandpa had Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicavolcanoconiosis, which few people have heard of, so of course my husband likes to challenge people to longest word contests.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I will only sleep on white sheets.
  • kimmieey
    Options
    I'm legally blind in my left eye (born this way, not a lazy eye) and have almost superhuman vision in the right eye.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I have to check every grape for coloring, hardness, and bruises before I put it in my mouth.

I hate squishy grapes. :angry:

Me too. I hate any kind of bruised squishy over ripe fruit. yuck.

I even prefer bananas slightly green so they're firm.

I will not eat any food even a day past the expiration date.

I could read and write in cursive when I was 4.

I'm scared of roaches and Daddy long legs spiders. No other spiders bother me though.
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have to eat things by color and from lowest amount to highest amount. IE: 1 blue M&M 4 pink M&M's 10 brown M&M'S etc.

I have a phobia of loose hair. I gag when I see it, unless it's my own hair I am fine.

I have a tiny pin hole in the roof of my mouth and sometimes I can suck air through it and I squeak and sound like a mouse.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options

I have a phobia of loose hair. I gag when I see it, unless it's my own hair I am fine.

Loose hair is truly nasty. There's a weirdo woman where i work who collects loose hair in a plastic cup. God only friggin knows why, damned freak. But I can barely go into her office, knowing it's in there.
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I've been writing a novel for 4 years.... I work on it almost every day and I'm MAYBE half way through... :(
  • LilBee82
    LilBee82 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Loose hair is truly nasty. There's a weirdo woman where i work who collects loose hair in a plastic cup. God only friggin knows why, damned freak. But I can barely go into her office, knowing it's in there.

that just made my stomach turn. :sick:
  • GabeRami
    GabeRami Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Maybe she is making a sweater....
  • LittleMissRiiff
    Options
    I twitch when people crack their body parts.
  • davidclooney
    Options
    LQL
  • davidclooney
    Options
    well thats the thing, you have a bachelor of arts, not science heh, jk
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I will not eat any food even a day past the expiration date.

this is me, and if its a dairy product, then even on the day of the expiry date.

THE DATES ARE THERE FOR A REASON PEOPLE
  • sunrise611
    sunrise611 Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I do not use escalators.

Was pushed from top of escalator as a child, falling...falling...hit hard, on the floor,and i have escalator teeth scars on the front of my leg where it shredded my skin down to the bone as it scraped me on the way down.

Good thing elevators are everywhere.

I avoid certain escalators too. I hate the ones that are "open" on the sides with no walls, especially when going down. I feel panicky getting near them.
  • Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Options
    I worked in a Meat Department for 7 years. 6 of those I was the only female in my department - I was called 'sir' a lot :/ Oddly, I can tolerate the smell of rotting dead decomposing flesh over the smell of my 4 month old's diapers.
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I can tie a knot in a cherry stem using my tongue. :tongue:

me too, but my tongue is long enough to touch my nose and chin also!