Since losing weight, are you cold?

Options

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I so look forward to being cold all the time! What a nice break it'll be from all of these years of being so freaking hot.
  • Oneday150
    Oneday150 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I honestly thought I was the only one, But ever since I lost 20 pounds I have been freezing, At first I thought it was beacuse I was drinking so much water ( I drink between 10-16 cups a day) but even if I drink coffee I am still freezing!!! Thank you for posting this :)
  • tim_jennings
    tim_jennings Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I used to sweat just lifting my coffee cup. Now, I have lost 74 lbs and I have noticed being colder all the time. But I don't think it is just the lack of insulation (but I know that is part of it). My resting heart rate has dropped from 75-80 to 50-55 now that I have been running regularly. I take this is a sign that my resting metabolism isn't running as fast, and therefore isn't producing as much heat as a biproduct.

And yes, I just had a complete physical last week and everything is normal, so it isn't a dificiency. Just that my body isn't working as hard just to exist.
  • goodmans90
    goodmans90 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am always freezing now. I was always hot before, I was the type that could look outside and see the sun shining and I would literally start sweating! I went to the Dr. and they did all the blood work, and nothing was wrong, I was also wondering if it was due to losing weight!
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yep I am colder now but I would rather be cold and have the option of wearing more layers or snuggling under a blanket, rather than being heavy and sweaty and being unable to peel my skin off! I used to feel so self conscious in social situations where I'd break out into a sweat and feel like everyone else was staring at me as they all looked cool as cucumbers!
  • killingtheantagonist
    Options
    Haha, my mom says this.
    She'd always been hot natured...so I thought.
    She lost I think about 30 or so pounds since the summer and now she's always talking about being cold, while I'm beside her dying from heat.
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    YES! Overweight, I couldn't stand 90+ degree weather. I thought "HOW did I survive summers in South Carolina as a kid?!" Now, I know how - I was skinny! It isn't rocket science though - fat is insulating.
  • bjc101
    bjc101 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Six plus pages of comments and I'm glad to see it's just not me. My fingers get cold and I'm wrapped up in a blanket a lot and as they say, it has not ben a cold winter. I just hope come summer I experience the reverse. I've always been the one who starts sweating at 65 degrees. everyone else is just a little warm, and I'm soaked through from sweat.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    YES!!! The only times I'm warm is when I'm sleeping covered in blankies or working out... or at least it seems like that. My co-worker said I lost all my insulation. I have a check up soon and I will ask the Dr if I need a supplement, but it's really annoying. I have to wear extra layers ALL the time now!!!

Bring on the summer heat, baby!!!!
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I have always struggled in with the heat and wasn't affected with the cold....until June onwards of last year. I now cope better in the heat and have to layer up in the cold.

One thing I did notice - the mega numb-bum sitting on a picnic mat with less padding!
  • butterflykoffee
    butterflykoffee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Again, I am so glad I asked this question. After seeing all the responses, I think it put a lot of people's minds at ease. Someone mentioned the 'inner chill'. I feel that at night and just lay there and shiver. Funny :bigsmile: I guess that is why these posts are helpful!! So everybody, stay warm! (as I sit here with a hot cup of coffee, blanket over my legs and feet, and cold, cold fingers :drinker: )
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm freezing, which is VERY new for me! I used to stay so warm that I didn't even own a jacket most winters because I'd never wear it anyways. We're having a crazy warm winter and I'm bundled up all the time. LOL
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    YES - having lost most of my "insulation" has been the only bummer......I really had to learn about layers of clothes - and always making sure I have a scarf, some gloves to throw on when I am freezing...

All my bloods are fine - just less insulation
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Same here. In the winter I am always cold and my skin gets drier than it used to. I would rather be fit like other have said. I like in the south so I don't suffer too long.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind too that your metabolism is heat generating, when it drops, less heat.

And less insulation to keep it in, really colder.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yep - constantly cold, though it is a nice change from the hot flashes. LOL. :laugh:

It is very odd. It used to be my husband was always cold because I was always hot (running AC, open windows, fans, etc). Now, I"m always cold and he's always hot. Wonder if our bodies will ever sync temperature-wise?
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I'm freezing so often!! I remember being cold when I weighed less but I think i forgot about it! Now that I have lost 15 (only half way to my first goal) I am freaking freezing. My fingernails turn blue, I am so miserable unless loaded with layers of clothing! At night, I go to bed by myself (hubby stays up later!) and the bed and bedroom is so cold I have a tank top on, a long sleeved pj top, and a fluffy long sleeved top over that. I have fleece pants, then wear thick thick socks with my pants tucked in to them so they don't ride up! And then I have two blankets on TOP of the duvet. lmao Let me tell you, I am a vision!!!

Doesn't help that my husband is a human furnace. We are dressed the opposite of each other in the winter. He goes to bed in boxers and a T-shirt.
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    I was always cold before but now im freezing the whole time its just ridiculous!
  • Malrose01
    Malrose01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Two words for you: ELECTRIC. BLANKET. I got one for Christmas, and it is the best gift I have ever received. Especially since my roomie is one of those "Oh, let's turn the heat down to 60 degrees, it's so hot in here!" types. Sitting downstairs, my feet go numb..
  • dede1988
    dede1988 Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow. This makes perfect sense. Before I started losing weight I was constantly hot. I sweated like a pig all the time. Now that I've lost weight I'm constantly cold. It drives my husband crazy! lol