Options

Replies

• sportyskylar
    Options
    amazing post
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Good post and realistic information! I wish you luck on your journey to become a doctor. One piece of advice though, listen to your nurses, because they may just save your behind one day!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cndrlla
    cndrlla Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Just the reminders that I needed today... thank you! Btw, I'm sending you a friend request too. :smile:
  • yag1630
    Options
    Nice one Bro.!
  • melbaby925
    Options
    Great post!

For me, it started as tracking every ounce obsessively. Now, I no longer care about pounds, but about measurements and more importantly body fat %.

I know I'm going to lose pounds, but that's a byproduct of going from too high body fat to 20% body fat. I've got a long way to go, but I'm going to get there, and it's going to take as long as it takes!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Just plain and simple COMMON SENSE people. This isn't anything new but thanks for the reminder. I applaud you for thinking about holistic healing.
  • nefrettdo
    Options
    To be honest, I just want to fit in the clothes in my closet again. ;) That having been said, I am so happy to see this on here. You sir, are awesome. I hope that my friend who has just about lost all hope sees this. She really needs it right now.
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    standing-ovation.jpg
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • charneus
    Options
    To be honest, I just want to fit in the clothes in my closet again. ;) That having been said, I am so happy to see this on here. You sir, are awesome. I hope that my friend who has just about lost all hope sees this. She really needs it right now.

Feel free to share it with your friend. :) And she can definitely add me to her friends if she wants extra support. :)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Genius! Too bad more people just don't get it! :heart:
  • sttrinians
    sttrinians Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    ScrewyChars-6999647
  • That1JB
    Options
    To be honest, I just want to fit in the clothes in my closet again. ;) That having been said, I am so happy to see this on here.

Ditto
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Calipalm
    Calipalm Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Great words, and great truths! :)
  • Amen.. Those Words were AWSOME!!!!
  • Rroggiero427
    Options
    Great inspiring post! I am in it for the behavior/lifestyle change. I'm a RN, so I KNOW what to expect and what not to expect, but it gets frustrating nonetheless. I just keep reminding myself, I'm NOT going back UP!! :) Making healthier food and exercise choices allows for the ailments caused by obesity to decrease and eventually (for some) go away!! Also, the more muscle you have, the more calories you will burn, so gaining weight at times when you're strenth training is not a bad thing! :) Oh yeah, and DON'T get too few calories in because then your body will start metabolizing muscle....if you check your urine for ketones and it's positive, you need to eat more calories (the good kinds, not all fats and/or all carbs). I'm excited to be part of the MFP family! Thank you for all of your posts that encourage and inspire! I've only just begun my journey a month ago and already my kids are seeing a difference in my energy level...only 60 more pounds to go! lol
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Nicely said for the most part, except that I'm concerned that you state: "Try for at least half your calorie goal".
    Could you clarify what you mean here, it sounds as though you are encouraging people to eat only half the calories that MFP recommends, but I'm really sure you can't mean that!
  • charneus
    Options
    Nicely said for the most part, except that I'm concerned that you state: "Try for at least half your calorie goal".
    Could you clarify what you mean here, it sounds as though you are encouraging people to eat only half the calories that MFP recommends, but I'm really sure you can't mean that!

What I mean is that some people are so worried about going OVER their calorie goal that they'll purposefully eat as little as possible to stay UNDER. So my suggestion to those that aren't coming anywhere near their calorie quota is to strive for at least half of their calorie goal, if not more. It's not a healthy thing to eat only 200-300 calories a day when you should be eating 1800 calories. I'll edit the post to reflect that, though! Thanks for the feedback!

Edit: Apparently I cannot edit my original post anymore. :\ So, it's still here, just as a comment! Thanks again!