The reason you fail at losing weight

Options
12345679»

Replies

• Dawnnan
    Dawnnan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you so much. It's just what I needed to hear. Two months in and I've been saying all day "I giveup"
    I didn't get to be 100 pounds overweight in a matter of months, or years......
    I will NEVER giveup!

virtual hugs to you.

~Dawn
  • nefrettdo
    Options
    (I forgot to add the quote thingy - still new to this!) I will make sure the friend I mentioned sees this. Thank you for offering to "friend" her! :happy:
  • Aliciaaah
    Aliciaaah Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    OP, good job, you have motivated a lot of people. You make some very good points.Too many view this whole "Journey" as somewhere to go, with a definite endpoint. It really isn't about the destination at all. Life is for living, The destination or end point is the grave. Personally, I would like to delay that for awhile longer. One has to make the determination to make it a good quality life. Starving oneself or using gimmicks to achieve a number on a scale is really not healthy. It has to be about living a healthy lifestyle. Eating right and exercising are a big part of that. There are stumbles and obstacles to overcome. There will always be a Superior Dairy S.O.S. waiting on the corner. You may occasionally have one. I will be jealous, but I will have a chocolate chip milkshake occasionally too. Life happens. The trick is to keep moving forward. Good luck to everyone here.

Sorry, I had to put Journey in quotes, I consider Journey to be a band that was big in the '80s, and not my favorite descriptor of my life.

Mmmmmmmmmm Superior. Drool.
  • SuziQueue
    SuziQueue Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! It's still blessing people and keeping us on track. I hope you do get your medical degree and become a doctor! I think you would have an amazing "bed side presence".

Thanks for the encouragement!
    Suzi Q
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I feel at a dead end in all of this...since April 21 I have been working out HARD with only 10 lbs. lost as of today. I fluctuate between 10-15 lbs. and it's driving me nuts. Also, I have no inches lost and I can't figure what is going wrong. All I know is it's severely depressing to exercise 2.5 hours a day and barely see any results. I'm afraid something is wrong with my body/hormones. I eat clean and stay at about 1500-1800 calories a day, sometimes a little more, and sometimes a little less. I understand this takes awhile but there is something wrong. I've lost weight in the past and it has NEVER been like this for me. I could average 10 lbs. a month and this really blows.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I feel at a dead end in all of this...since April 21 I have been working out HARD with only 10 lbs. lost as of today. I fluctuate between 10-15 lbs. and it's driving me nuts. Also, I have no inches lost and I can't figure what is going wrong. All I know is it's severely depressing to exercise 2.5 hours a day and barely see any results. I'm afraid something is wrong with my body/hormones. I eat clean and stay at about 1500-1800 calories a day, sometimes a little more, and sometimes a little less. I understand this takes awhile but there is something wrong. I've lost weight in the past and it has NEVER been like this for me. I could average 10 lbs. a month and this really blows.

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling discouraged and frustrated :( This sounds like something you should bring up to your doctor...may need to have your thyroid checked out. I hope you find a solution soon. Don't give up!

Also, many, many thanks to OP, I needed to read this post.
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling discouraged and frustrated :( This sounds like something you should bring up to your doctor...may need to have your thyroid checked out. I hope you find a solution soon. Don't give up!

Also, many, many thanks to OP, I needed to read this post.

Thanks for your advice! I am going to the doctor on Thursday. I was pregnant twice in the past two years gained all kinds of weight, just as I did with all my pregnancies. I never had a problem taking my weight off, as I said, I averaged about 10 lbs. a month. I never thought this could happen to me.
  • HorseWithNoName27
    HorseWithNoName27 Posts: 188 Member
    Options

Thanks for your advice! I am going to the doctor on Thursday. I was pregnant twice in the past two years gained all kinds of weight, just as I did with all my pregnancies. I never had a problem taking my weight off, as I said, I averaged about 10 lbs. a month. I never thought this could happen to me.

You're welcome and I wish you luck! Hormones play a role in fat storage/metabolism and us women have a lot of them, LOL. I'm sure there is something that can be done if that is the case, however. I've known people with thyroid issues/PCOS/medication side effects who managed to break through. You can too!