Dieting and alcohol!?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this because it eats up so many of my calories and I think the excess sugar impedes my weight loss goals. I can maintain while drinking but losing requires me to cut back. Right now I'm trying to limit myself to maybe some wine with dinner Saturday and whatever I want Sunday because it's my spike day. Mon-Fri I'm trying to stay away. And as far as beer goes unless I'm out at a restaurant (where I'll have a blue moon because I adore it) I stick with Sam Adams Light. 119 calories and the best tasting light beer IMO.
  • squirrrell
    Options
    I love a drink too but what I tend to do now is limit my alcohol to the weekends and then list it on my diary and only drink what i have quota'd for. With lots of exercise you can get the calories for drink too!! ;)))
  • hexrei
    hexrei Posts: 163
    Options
    vodka and diet coke = 56 cal

What vodka is this?
    Any kind, you just have to spill some of it.

Yeah... what is that, a half shot of vodka? that's a weak drink.
  • MyIrishluck26
    Options
    It's got 12.7% alcohol. I don't drink that much during the week, maybe a glass of wine or a beer. This is just another option. :)
  • MyIrishluck26
    Options
    It's got 12.7% alcohol. I don't drink that much during the week, maybe a glass of wine or a beer. This is just another option. :)

Was responding to the comment about the Skinny Girl Margarita...oops!
  • I was listening to the Jillian Michael's podcast and learned that alcohol slows down your fat burning by over 70%. After learning that I pretty much stopped drinking. LOL!

Ditto! I read somewhere 80% (but Jillian is prob right). Either way I have given it up for the most part. My husband just bought me a 95 cal margarita tonight. I thought it might help relax me so I can get some sleep after a bad week. Now I see this.....what to do?????? Lol
  • jacobschwarz
    jacobschwarz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Sorry but mixing boubon ruins it! Mix canadian whiskey. That's what they are for!