Am I a b*tch?

Options

Replies

• onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I would say both you and her are running a pretty tight race.
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    i96v5pflr5.jpg
  • committomittxoxo
    committomittxoxo Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Down girl............
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    Life's too short to worry about other people's crap in comparison to yours
  • inetgirl
    inetgirl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    A b*tch would've pointed out that you've been 'not putting 100lbs on'

this^^
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're a *****. She is too, but that doesn't excuse you from being petty.
    -wtk

Yes, yes it does. :laugh:

Uh no, it doesn't. Two b!tches just make the world 2 steps closer to hell.

But for the record, unless she ACTED on those thoughts, I don't think the OP was a B just for thinking them.

The little laughing icon was meant to show that i was joking around... I'm sorry that it made you believe that I was a b*tch... No, actually I am not sorry. Not sorry at all for that... super sorry that you are so serious though! Yikes!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Why shouldn't she be proud of her loss no matter what steps she had to take to get there?
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Given your stated understanding (or lack thereof) of the lap band process, I don't think it makes you particularly petty or *****y. But I would suggest that before you snark on someone for something that you take a moment and look into what it is they did so you don't end up looking like you don't know what you're talking about.

That said, I am jealous of every one of you buggers who've lost so much weight around here. I mean to tell you! I look and see 20, 30, 40, 50, 100 lbs lost and I am both impressed and humbled. So I naturally get all envious!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Lapband really isn't an easy way out. My hubby had the lapband and I see him struggle everyday still to lose weight. He has lost 69 pounds and works every bit as hard as I do to lose weight. Lapband won't work without a lifestyle change. You have to completely change your attitude towards food. The portions are tiny. Just because it isn't 100% tough in the same ways doesn't mean it isn't tough.
  • Meloonie
    Meloonie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say that having invasive surgery like that is easy. Neither is not being able to eat hardley anything for the rest of your life because you can't phycisally fit it in your stomach, and I expect she has probably been exercising too. I dont think people that decide to go down the surgery route are taking the decision lightly. Its different for all of us. Its still an acheivement that she is proud of and I'm sure she'll be proud of you for the effort you're putting in too. I wouldn't say you're being a *****, maybe just not thinking it through from her perspective.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It's OK to feel that way. Saying something would be rude, but thinking it doesn't hurt anyone.

Could it be that this is more about her personality than the action itself? If one of your close friends did the same thing, would you be as bothered? (I'm not judging. I can think of someone who annoys me in just this sort of way.)
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you're a *****. She is too, but that doesn't excuse you from being petty.
    -wtk

I lol'ed
  • SmashliT
    SmashliT Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    From what I can see from your ticker, you only need to lose 40 lbs.

This person needed to lose over 100 lbs. Maybe it was medically necessary. Maybe she had health issues that needed to be addressed quickly. Whatever the reason, she chose the surgery and it was apparently successful. Why would you begrudge her that? There is a LOT of work involved both before and after lap band surgery. It's not like they go in, have a rubber band tied around their stomach and suddenly they are skinny.

I wouldn't say you were a b*tch, but I would say you are acting petty.

Pretty much this. You sound petty and jealous to me.
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    yes because its so "easy" to go through the surgery,yeah i kinda think it makes you a ***** let her have her momment damn
  • w2bab
    w2bab Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I also have a friend who lost well over 100 lbs by having surgery. It wasn't a free ride. He kept us up to date on FB, and it was weeks of restricted diet, including nothing but liquids for a time. Then it was months of learning how to eat properly and working out regularly. It took him almost a year to lose the weight, which were followed by several painful surgeries to remove the excess skin. I think different things work for different people, and anyone who elects to have surgery isn't necessarily taking the easy way out. They also have the same maintenance issues as the rest of us once the weight comes off. We shouldn't judge, in my opinion.
  • kiki1335
    Options
    Losing weight is hard no matter how you do it. I know a few people who have had the surgery and it is not pretty! No more enjoying food because nothing fits and many foods make you sick. So no matter how you do it, it is work. My suggestion: Do not judge her...Use her as motivation instead. Having to lose 100 pounds is unbelievable and choosing surgery is a way to get to the same goal, good health and confident lifestyle. Doctors don't let just anyone get this surgery, there was a reason.
  • reaolliemama
    reaolliemama Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm a b*tch and I would have replied..."I've been watching what I eat, exercising and I've lost 28 pounds. How did you lose 100?" That way people who didn't know would wonder too! But as I said, I'm a b*tch!
  • onmyway31
    Options
    I'm sorry but if you were content with yourself, you wouldn't feel the need to nitpick about how another person loses their weight. Yeah she had lap band and so what?? She didn't add it to the caption because of people like you! Why does she have to share her personal business with the world? I know many who have had weight loss surgery and it isn't an easy road. You can gain all the weight back if you don't exercise and eat healthy to maintain it.

She is happy, if anyone else had such a tremendous weight loss they would be happy too.
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Why does it matter to you how she lost weight? Everybody has different ways of going about it. Many people on this site have had weight loss surgery - I chose not to, you chose not to - that doesn't make it invalid. So, in short, yes, you are being a b!tch.
  • matenogg
    Options
    Yes you are a b*tch.

But I agree with you. I think if she had to resort to getting a lap band then she should keep her fcking mouth shut and not brag about it.

But still, at least she went through the surgery and took a big step towards getting healthy. Being a 100 lbs plus overweight is a terrible thing to be.

So, in the interest of more people being healthy no matter what, in future you should keep your fcking mouth shut too.

the end