The HOT mommy at the gym debate

Options

Replies

• theleftie
    Options
    :flowerforyou: During the weekday, I typically leave work and head to he gym with make-up on and a ponytail. I like my cute looking gym clothes but I still get a sweaty workout and I work hard all the time (HRM 170!). On Sundays, I get up and head to the gym for pilates class which I seldom have make-up. Looking great at any age is my style! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

This is working for you - obv... I love that style by the way. If you feel good about yourself, you work harder, which makes you feel better about yourself. I say doll it up or not - whatever makes you feel best. I don't think others should prejudge...
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options

But does your makeup not run in the gym? And even if it doesnt surely it melts off with teh steam in the shower. I do not understand how people work out with a full face on, I would feel itchy and icky all day if I did that.

I wear waterproof make up to the gym. I tend to skip the foundation and do a tinted moisturizer sometimes. Blush doesn't really run but it'll fade. Any good quality make up won't even smudge in the pool. I'm pretty used to removing eye make up with make up remover so it doesn't bother me. Also if your make up is itchy you might need to try another brand or opt for something hypoallergenic.
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I think people who complain about pretty gym bunnies need to mind their own business. If looking nice gets you into the gym and working out then good for you! What do I care if someone looks all dolled up at the gym? And if you have friends at the gym great! And if you look nice even if you max out at 5 lb hand weights, well...that is wonderful!!

I frequently shower, fix my hair and have makeup on before I go to the gym. I have a life before I work out, then I work out, get dressed and go on with my life. I really hate having to get ready after working out because it delays my getting on with the day. I also like to feel pulled together from the start. It works for me.

But does your makeup not run in the gym? And even if it doesn't surely it melts off with the steam in the shower. I do not understand how people work out with a full face on, I would feel itchy and icky all day if I did that. I couldnt give a feck what way people are in the gym btw, but I have always wondered about it when I see it!

I don't wear super heavy makeup, but I've never had a problem with it. I do get very sweaty and heck, probably plenty of it sweats off, but I do look in the mirror afterwards and I'm fine. I know some people can't stand wearing makeup working out, but it isn't a problem for me:)
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I don't know why women get so hung up on how other women look at the gym.

I just turned 40. If I am leaving the house - before I go I usually - shower and do my make up. It's routine. I go to gym on my lunch hour or after work and don't wash my face off first since I will be showering after. I also try to coordinate my clothes so they match - all clothes - including gym clothes.

Why shouldn't any woman look hot? You don't have to walk into a gym with a bare face and sloppy clothes to get a good workout. You don't have to wear make-up or match either. As long as you are there working out who cares? Women are just catty sometimes... and sometimes I think it's just a bit of envy.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Few times I've been to the gym I've worn minimal makeup. Mostly just filled in my brows and chapstick, guess its not really makeup. No way I'd put on shadow, etc cuz it hurts when it runs into my eyes. I have worn only a pair of capris and a sports bra, I have some cute ones from Patagonia...I think that pisses other women off more than if I had a full face of makeup lol.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I don't care what other women do. I usually look like a sweat hog when I'm there, and was thinking the other day "Man, I wish some of these hot men could see me in makeup and looking nice instead of sweating buckets!"
  • penney88
    Options
    I used to work out at the gym that had a couple of these 'hot mommy's' It doesn't bother my workout so that's fine.
    Some do look ridiculous because of all the make up and done hair to come to a place your going to sweat and be around other sweaty people and in the end just shower it all off.
    To me its not annoying but amusing. But hey whatever floats your boat!

Now I work out at home though, the gyms day care adds up for not such great child care. So the only hot work out mommy I see is me! hahaha kidding :)
  • Mommareed4
    Options
    I look like a sweaty mess..so I am no help LOL.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    For me, it depends on the time of day. When I teach my 5:30 am class, I look like an Occupy Wall street Protestor. Pretty scary!

When I teach my night class, I look prettier because I have that day's make up on and my ponytail looks pretty.

But after my class, I have sweated like a pig and look like crap. But, I do not care! I am not there to meet men/women or impress men/women. I am there to work my butt off and then leave.

I really do not care how the other women look when they workout.
  • klcatterton
    Options
    Might sound dumb, but I don't bother putting on makeup before I go to the gym, because a) it's 6:00 AM and my fiance and I are usually the only ones there, and b) I shower when I get home anyway, so what's the point of wasting makeup just to clean up and reapply it an hour later?
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Im not one to get all dolled up for the gym.. You just sweat all of your make up off anyways, and end up looking extra nasty..

that being said, i think if someone does want to get all cute for the gym, who cares? If they're spending their money to have the thrill of being looked at by some buff men at the gym, let them be. Although it can be funny to look at sometimes, i try not to pay attention to what everyone else is doing. I think most are focused on their work outs..

^^^^THIS!!!:tongue:
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I say let them do what they want in the gym like wear makeup and certain gear. It might actually be pushing them harder. Different things work better for other people. Some don't care for makeup when working out and all that stuff and some do. I personally like to wear my makeup when working out. It doesn't run on me even though it's not water proof. But then again, I'm at home, not the gym.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me in the least. I am at the gym to get fit and loose weight, but maybe they are there for other reasons. To each their own.
  • rdsxgrl28
    rdsxgrl28 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I look like a sweaty mess..so I am no help LOL.

that's me too. I have been hit on at the gym when I first get there from work, so make-up hair yeah but not cause of anything other than work.

I just laugh tell them catch me in an hour when you need to stand down wind ROFLMAO!!!
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I have no issue with people who want to wear what the want to wear in the gym, be it make up, "silly" outfits and what have you. It's their business. I dont understand how much that has to be emphasized because there are so many posts on this forum about what someone else is doing in the damn gym. Just do you and keep up with what you're doing. If you like to people watch then people watch but why take so much away from your session to complain about what someone else is up to. Focus on you before you fall off the treadmill/elliptical, or drop dumbbells on yourself.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have been kind of nervous to join the gym for this very reason... I live in a really small town (Im shocked we have a gym seriously 1 traffic light small) and EVERYONE knows each other and the gym seems to be turning into a hang out, I really dont want to be the one there looking horrible and just trying to work out when everyone else is there looking for dates... For now Im working out at home, maybe after I lose a little more Ill get the nerve to join the gym!
  • DawnVanSlim
    DawnVanSlim Posts: 10,471
    Options
    :flowerforyou: During the weekday, I typically leave work and head to he gym with make-up on and a ponytail. I like my cute looking gym clothes but I still get a sweaty workout and I work hard all the time (HRM 170!). On Sundays, I get up and head to the gym for pilates class which I seldom have make-up. Looking great at any age is my style! :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:

Love this! Its exactly what I do and how I feel also :)
  • missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I def don't wear makeup to the gym ever but I do love lulu lemon and have cute work out clothes. Most times its just me, my husband and our trainer so I can look like whatever! ha ha
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    If the hot mommies look hot after wrangling kids all day, more power to them!

Maybe the gym is one of the few places they actually get to socialize with adults, and they don't want to look like crap.

I think it's great that they get to the gym, and aren't at home covered in crayon and goldfish crackers.