What was ur first job :-?

Options

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I was a model. Not a glamour model, just an ordinary model and actress - I did magazine and TV work, and it was hard going with long days but I was young and loved being able to leave school for multiple days a week, catching up on my work in my own time.

Aside from that, my first proper job was working in a supermarket when I turned 16.
  • xSophia19
    xSophia19 Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    my first job was when i was 13 years old i worked in a local chip shop for 3 years :) i finished at the age of 16. no wounder im here today loosing weight! :laugh: i ate soo much crap whilst working there! and it was all late at night aswell, which isnt good!!!
  • t3hsandy
    t3hsandy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Receptionist, Cashier, File Clerk (3 different departments at 3 different times in the same location) at a Braman Honda dealership when I was 18. I wasn't allowed to work in High School, or allowed to drive. School came before everything else so I had no use for it.
  • chrren
    chrren Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was 13 when I got my first job. I can honestly say it's the worst job I've ever had. I washed the greasy floors of a car workshop. It was horrible, and I always came home with new blisters on my hands. It was a well paid job for a 13 year old though :)
  • Reuxlette
    Options
    In highschool I made money doing freelance art commissions.

My first real job was a picker/packer for a mailorder warehouse a few months after I graduated HS. I worked there for 5.5 years, became the shipper/receiver operations supervisor and would still be there if the company hadn't been sold. Not very aspiring, I know lol. I guess I "settled". Being laid off could be a blessing if I could find another job lol.
  • AutumnsPassage
    AutumnsPassage Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Working for a pyhic at her herbal tea, homemade candles and incense shop. She made the best food ever! It was fun watching her do tea leaf reading.
  • mickyjg
    Options
    selling fork lift trucks

not easy for a girl :laugh:
  • imstartingwithme
    imstartingwithme Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I delivered newspapers for a little while :) then I worked on the checkouts at a supermarket.
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Lifeguard at 16.
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Farm country here. I detassled corn and cleaned beans! :)
  • laurastrait21
    laurastrait21 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I was a lifeguard, my tan was fabulous!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I was a Parking Meter Reader....the type of person EVERYONE hates! LMAO!
  • melg126
    melg126 Posts: 378
    Options
    I was 14... I worked at an amusement park. In food service of all things... I was a floater and gave people their breaks.

Until one day at the funnel cake stand I brushed up against my co-worker and gave him a woody... no more funnel cake stand after that! Ah to be a teenager again....
  • dreamer1003
    dreamer1003 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Chesapeake Bagel Bakery when I was in high school. I eventually met my husband there...and now that I think of it, it's the only job I held before stepping into my career! We had to wear these hideous shirts that had the Washington monument with a bagel on/around it!
  • emmamcblain
    Options
    Assistant care worker. My first job to do? Clean a soiled bathroom. I worked there for about a week.
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Besides babysitting since I was 10 my first actual job was McDonalds last summer. And I agree that you should not eat there. If you saw the way the food was cooked or were the one cooking it you would agree. It is just plain nasty. I never really liked mcdonalds but after working there i really did not like it!
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    I had a few jobs as a teen....babysitter - which i LOATHED, because it always seemed like the parents who had unruly children would always call me. Ugh! lol

I also worked at our local county fairgrounds for a time, nothing fancy: cleaning horse stalls, digging irrigation ditches, painting, etc... One of the supervisors thought it wasn't ladylike for me to be doing "hard labor" with the boys and made me sit in the office on his first day.

I complained to my dad and our neighbor about what happened. Just sitting in the office made my day go by soooooo slowly. He didn't have anything for me to do and I was dressed to work outside. LOL

Our neighbor happened to be on the board for the fairgrounds and called my supervisor - told him that he couldn't restrict girls from working outside (this was in the early 90s.). The next day I was back at it with the rest of the boys. He did end up realizing that I was one of the hardest workers there.

It was hard work, but it was a lot of fun.
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    Lifeguard at the pool during the summer. The coolest job:smile in high school. :smile:
  • amac0528
    Options
    I was a caddie for a local country club for 8 summers (right after freshman year of HS through most of college) in which I ran after golf carts for cash. I worked multiple different student jobs in college (children's library aid, desk receptionist, student safety). And then I hit the mother load of being an undergraduate TA for the Physics and Chemistry departments. I was a secondary science education major, so this was a big deal. Now, I teach 9th grade physical science, so I guess it paid off. :)
  • tashaa1992
    tashaa1992 Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    I've only just gotten my first job, I had a very sheltered upbringing so I didn't feel the need to get a job because my parents would pay for anything I wanted lol, but I started looking for nursery jobs around december last year and I'm glad I did. Having a job is very rewarding, knowing you are helping someone else, in my case the children in my room at my nursery, but also bringing in your own wage. I'm a nursery nurse but I want to eventually run my own nursery:)

Tasha
    xxx