What was ur first job :-?

Options

Replies

• TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Not counting farm labor because I never got paid for it. Football coach to 4th and 5th grade boys. Great job. I also was an assembler at Sears. I could put a Free Spirit bike together and adjusted inside of ten minutes.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    shoveling *kitten* - starting at 12 years old. horse-crazy girls gotta pay for stuff themselves!
  • Akijade
    Akijade Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Washing dishes at Izzy's Pizza Buffet.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I had a lot at the same time: babysitting, paper route, office cleaning. The first where I got a real paycheck was a picture frame shop. I loved it! I built picture frames and waited on customers. It was really fun and I have great memories. I got the job after applying to about 30 places, back in the day (pre-internet, aka the Stone Age).
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    tech assistant and then promoted to veterinary technician at age 15 :)
  • reallymyBEST
    reallymyBEST Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    McDonalds...

Please tell me the worst nightmare. You can even mail me, so anyone working in mcdonalds wont find out.
    I really need a reason to stop loving mcdonalds.

I kid I knew years and years ago peed in the 5gal pickle bucket.

My first job was as a church organist when I was in HS.
  • shanahan_09
    shanahan_09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'll never forget mine...was the year Top Gun came out, and I was working at a movie theater!
  • Stacera
    Stacera Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Champs Sports at the mall...where else would a boy crazy girl work? Guys came in for their sports equipment and shoes

I had just turned 16 didn't even tell my parents I wanted a job just went to the mall walked in and asked if they were hiring.. the manager didn't even ask me to fill out an app that day, he asked if I could start that week and set up for me to come in for training.. I was one of the top sellers there multiple times.. quit there when I got tired of seeing people I went to school with (yr and half later)
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    On a farm, at 10 yrs old, picking strawberries for hours and getting paid by the quart.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I sold leather goods to bikers. I was 12 and paid under the table sometimes in cash sometimes in leather goods. I was probably the only 12 year old with a legit Harley-Davidson leather jacket and biker boots. My aunt and her boss sold leather goods (motorcycle stuff not kinky stuff) out of an 18-wheeler around the country. It was the best gig ever, except I don't look at people in MCs/gangs and see "danger" and sometimes that's a problem.
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I was a matchmaker for busy professionals in NYC. It was...interesting.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I got roped into being a burger king kitchen closer by my best friend right after my 18th birthday. She sold me on it by telling me that I would get to smoke pot on all my breaks and earn money to buy more... I was promoted to manager after like 6 months and worked there for 3 years until one day I decided it was time to grow up and get a real job so now i'm in nursing school. Sadly I won't be able to smoke pot at my new job, lol.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Counter girl at our local dry cleaner, I was 14. Awful, awful job. When people feel the need to start awkwardly explaining what the stains on their clothes are, you suddenly wish you were wearing gloves.
  • jhartram
    jhartram Posts: 165
    Options
    Head baker/waitress in a bakery when I was 15... awesome job for a workaholic! I could work from 2 am to 7:30 am, then go to high school from 8-4, do homework for HOURS (I was on the 3 year plan) and get back to it the next day =D
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I worked at a Theatrical Masque manufacturer cleaning up papermache and adorning the masque's. They made masque's for the San Francisco Theatre and I even worked their booth at the Reniassance Faire.
  • RachNRoll
    RachNRoll Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I've always been a Graphic / Web Designer
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    My first job (besides babysitting, house sitting) was as a sales associate at The Limited the summer between my sr. year of high school and frosh-o year in college.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsECmEj_e4n4N3c1ZWXD8K_h7MzSQ2PT5_Jjpyd70SBQ9yUkyeCw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQ60xpNENJAlrZS0U4p2F8YxqFQFi7zy_t5atHOjeQN9_fcTcFOQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdmA1UP-LHXhugbPbosRqGWKacSOxDJpf1pM-oxmE-h7eli4nS
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I worked at the warehouse for Current Factory Outlet stationary and office/craft goods. The warehouse didn't have air conditioning and I always sweated to death in my combat boots.

No, combat boots were not part of the dress code.
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    worked @ a factory at 14 till I was 30, mom, wife, slave, housekeeper and cook now