What was ur first job :-?

Options

Replies

• realtreegirl
    Options
    I worked at a Guest Ranch in Wyoming, I cleaned the lodge and did trail rides!! Such a fun job :)
  • AlmstHvn
    AlmstHvn Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    besides babysitting - I worked as a math tutor at Marshall University. Go Herd!
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Besides babysitting, my first job was working in a tack shop at our local horse stable in exchange for stall rent for my horse. My first 'real' job when I actually took home a paycheck was at the candy counter at a local department store.
  • HuntingArpegius
    HuntingArpegius Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Ride Operator at Knotts Berry Farm
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,680 Member
    Options
    Paperboy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • tinkerpuppet
    tinkerpuppet Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My first job was at 14 and I worked in the local small town grocery store cleaning the meat department. I'm surprised I didn't go the vegetarian route, that job was disgusting! I was there about 6mths before I moved to big city Vancouver! I worked in a video store for 2 years. Loved that job. Pretty easy work, good co-workers and all the free movies I could watch.
  • davessweets
    Options
    I worked at the bakery at a local convient store..made cookies donuts muffins whoopie pies and sandwiches. And lots of other yummy things..Glad I dont work there now lol would not be good on my diet.
  • askme12
    askme12 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    McDonalds in high school. I agree with the op, some of the employees are very bitter people!
  • sistahbigbone
    sistahbigbone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    tutor
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Telemarketing I sold insurance to elderly people. I was 15. When I turned 16 I also picked up a second job at pizza but. Went to high school and worked two jobs. I hated school and the small town I lived in. All I wanted to do is save money so I could leave!
  • FatNurseSlim
    Options
    Tk Maxx .... At the time I was in college and ( thought I was ) rocking the whole skater/grungey look.... So I blew all my wages on ****ies hoodies, circa/vans/duffs/ coverase trainers & baggy jeans from there with my staff discount.... It was a pointless vicious circle, get paid.buy clothes.skint. And repeat.
  • BigL0s
    BigL0s Posts: 133
    Options
    worked at a bike company about 2 hours from where I live during the summer. Had to prep order's for costumers, unload trucks, and did some work on excel as well. Made labels, updated the inventory, kept records of incoming and outgoing shipments up to date..worked hard as hell, but it was fun.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I worked for the Parks & Recreation summer program when I was 14. I got to lead the kiddos in arts & crafts, sports activities, and other fun stuff... I also had to clean the bathrooms, though.

For the record, girls are more disgusting than boys. Period.
  • bluberrygoo
    bluberrygoo Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    CNA since I was 15.
  • gregavila
    gregavila Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Started carrying a newspaper route when I was about 12.
  • revren10
    revren10 Posts: 116
    Options
    :bigsmile: motivational speaker at a grocery store while i bagged there groceries.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I was an ice cream scooper at a little hut on the beach... It was a great job! Loved it....
  • danapellerin
    danapellerin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was 15 1/2 and a cashier at 7-11. I think I made $3.25 an hour.
  • microwoman999
    microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Papa Johns Pizza! I was 16 at the time and the only female that worked there! Needless to say the men there treated me very nice and protected me well. There was some jerk once who threatened to come up there and hurt me and one of the guys saw me cry grabbed the phone and started yelling at them! I loved it there!
  • Hungry_Tuna
    Hungry_Tuna Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    In-N-Out Burger on Venice Blvd. I was 16, ecstatic to have a job, and had a blast!
    Worked there almost 2 years before moving to Ohio after I graduated high school.