Ladies - Brazilians

Options
123457»

Replies

• Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Its not too bad after the first few times. I do mine myself now every month

I do it myself too. I can't imagine having hair down there again. I've been without it for so long and my husband loves it.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't think so.
  • MellieRN
    MellieRN Posts: 7
    Options
    The first time is painful, but definitely bearable. Hopefully your waxer will help keep your mind on other things by talking you through it. Ibuprofen may take the edge off. Don't let the pain factor discourage you, easy peasey if you have a high pain tolerance! You will love the results...the hair grows back much softer (since its pulled from the roots and not shaved off into a blunt tip) and much more sparse. Subsequent waxings are much faster and painless as long as you maintain within a reasonable time frame. You won't regret it and you'll never want to shave again :)
  • EmilyMae12
    EmilyMae12 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I usually just trim really short, I used to have problems with trich and I have plucked all my hairs bare down there before. I didn't think plucking it all was the least bit painful, but I don't know about waxing. I hate shaving!
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Have never had a brazilian, but do bikini waxes regularly. Basically my aestitician takes off anything that may show in a bathing suit plus a half inch more. I have been waxing for 14 years. I did it myself at first, but I got sick of scraping wax drips off of my bathroom floor. I agree that an anti-inflammatory before you go is a good idea, and wait until AFTER your period, not right before (it hurts so much more). My hair is naturally curly, and if I shave, I get terrible ingrown hairs, so I have to wax to avoid them. Have been thinking to get a brazilian, but I have been told that once you start you should continue every 4 weeks, and I don't always have the time for that.

I definately agree that it makes my husband happier. I use the clippers between visits...Oh, and I prefer manscaped. Might like waxing, but husband is VERY hesitant. Not that I blame him in the least, I can't imagine how you would stretch out all that skin to remove hair! lmao thinking about it!
  • Momkat65
    Momkat65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    For the men - My hubby keeps his short and curlies pretty short around the sausage and completely shaved around the man-cherries. LOVE it!

HAHAHAAAA
  • kvissy
    kvissy Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    It most definitely hurts but I say its worth it. I go about once every 4-6 weeks
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    A friend bought me a certificate for one for my 40th birthday. I guess everyone's different because the..ahem..folds part was the least painful. The worst was the mons area. OWWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOW.

I am fine with going au natural and that is how I usually am.
  • ummlovelovesyou
    ummlovelovesyou Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    This is on my bucket list for this year.....gulp. It's happening for my 21st birthday...........................
  • ItsMandeeBitch
    ItsMandeeBitch Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The worst decision you could ever make. Had 2 then my hair never grew back the same, ingrown hairs left scars, and have been on $$$ special skin wash ever since not worth it!!
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    It's OFFICIAL!!! I am going to Laseraway in Beverly hills June 8th for my first treatment to get Laser Hair Removal: Brazilian, legs, under arms, back and my arms! SO EXCITED! :)