Any tips for achieving a thigh gap and flat stomach

Options

Replies

• nau05242
    nau05242 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey! I found that I got a thigh gap and flat stomach when I cut out all processed food. My Weigh was at 9st 3lb giving me a BMI of 20.2 (Im 5ft 7.7") My body fat was also measured via callipers to be <20%. My thigh gap went away when my body fat was above 22%.

I didn’t target these areas via any particular exercise I just concentrated on being fit and having a low body fat %. I've since gained weight (muscle and fat) and have thighs which touch slightly at the top again :) I didn’t intend to get this gap I just noticed it after a while.

I think it is possible to get a thigh gap whilst eating and exercising healthily but I'm not sure why so many young girls want one- I managed it whist eating between 1500-2000 calories a day and exercising intensely 5-7 times a week (running, body conditioning, combat training ect). I'm 26 and more focused on getting being strong and healthy (body, skin and mind) but understand a lot of people are more concerned with the cosmetic aspects of being slim and feeling attractive.

Look after yourself!

E

E
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Who cares? No ones gonna be watching telly trough them?

Haha exactly- my husband is the only one that sees the "gap in my thighs" anyway:blushing: ...I tend to wear trousers the rest of the time!
  • MaryPhillips90
    MaryPhillips90 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I personally would like a little space between my thighs. The rubbing together just isn't comfortable. Need I go into details as to why id perfer a gap more in the summer?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,568 Member
    Options
    Flat stomach...........calorie deficit to lose body fat.

Thigh gap is genetic.....................................or some serious lipo.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    She has a gap

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS38VzDuLHxZi8wVsI7Z0WXhytI6xH1RFuIK-a84eMiITDRckAh
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I have a little gap, but my thighs do rub together. I ruin more jeans than I would like to. I figure just keep burning fat and the gap will get bigger. *shrug*
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Absolutely agree!!!!!!
  • emptyplate
    Options
    That thin girl looks AMAZING i would kill for legs like that. Maybe one day
  • Nikki_42
    Nikki_42 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You do realise that the thigh gaps you see in magazines/posters are photo shop'd right?!

Gawd I hope so, because the red-haired photo is not attractive at all. She looks anorexic, and I feel bad for her.
  • bebreli
    bebreli Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Start of cut and mid cut foto's. I suppose I air brushed this on?
    392343_330899273611012_1051743139_n.jpg
    [/quote]

Proof - You don't have to be skinny to have thigh gap. See my profile pic. It's called wide hips and genetics. I couldn't achieve what the OP is looking for without starving.
  • prettylolita
    prettylolita Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That picture has been photo shopped. Not very well done. But it has.
  • Txglitter
    Txglitter Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You do realise that the thigh gaps you see in magazines/posters are photo shop'd right?!
    Not necessarily. I had one. I also had anorexia. They tend to go hand in hand.
    This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Unless you do have the thigh gap genitically (FEW do and you can't change that) The other way (besides the air brushing) is to be under weight. Be healthy and you will be beautiful with or without a thigh gap.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Break your femur, do it really well, get an 11 inch rod and a few screws in it. Fracture your pelvis while you're at it. Bleed a kidney and stomach tissue too. Spend 15 months in hospital/rehab. Learn to walk again. I have a thigh gap at 149 pounds, and this is why. It's not some achievement to be proud of.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Easy: Genetics.. You either have it or you don't.

I can attest to this. I have a friend who has super skinny legs, and the coveted thigh gap, but she looks six months pregnant. Not my vision of healthy at all.
  • Shantel0618
    Shantel0618 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Do I need to break out my Marilyn Monroe pic again?

PLEASE DO - this madness HAS to stop!

With pleasure!

2qvtra8.jpg

Perfect reminder -- even for me in my thirties! Thanks!

love!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • donniesaurous
    donniesaurous Posts: 176 Member
    Options

With pleasure!

2qvtra8.jpg

this is the body shape i had!! and the one i'm going for again!!
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Love this! I wish people would go back to the days where real woman like this was seen as gorgeous instead of the size 0's xxx
    Seriously? I'm 105 lbs and 17% body fat. I eat over 2000 calories a day. I am a size 0. Stop. Body. Shaming. I have a vagina and I'm hot and healthy, it's not more ok to make me feel bad about my body than it is to make fun of fat people. I worked for this. Maybe you're jealous, maybe you're thoughtless, maybe you're misinformed - I don't know. But don't EVER make assumptions about what kind of woman is a size 0. It's pathetic that you would imply size 0 women aren't gorgeous. Would you feel ok if I said size 10 and above women aren't gorgeous? Same thing.
    I heart this response. Women can be beautiful at size 0 to 25 and beyond
  • Escarda
    Escarda Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Getting a thigh is all to do with genetics. But also your body fat percentage.

I am rather large, but my thighs only just touch. Despite them currently looking horrendously flabby, i know that when i get my body fat percentage down low enough i will have the gap. Honestly its the only thing that stops me from saying **** it i will always be fat.

However i know some people much smaller than me who have smaller legs, and yet there legs touch.

I know its one of the mean, un-fair things about life, but some people can and some people just cant.
    You should be able to tell if its achievable by standing infront of a mirror and seeing how far you ahve to open your legs for them to stop touching.
    I would say if you have to open your legs so that your feet are wider out than your hips, i think then it will never happen for you.. =/

And with stomache i would say its all about eating healthy and doing alot of sit-ups!!

Good luck with your goals =)
  • losingweighthealthily
    Options
    Just like all the others commented, yes, a thigh gap is only acheivable by genetics or a starvation diet. People like myself, who tendt to get more fat on their stomach, can get a thigh gap veey easily. Hell, i had one at 127lbs! If you dont have it now, you most likely wont ever have one. Unless you have an eating disorder, of course. Which is definatley NOT recommended!!
  • losingweighthealthily
    Options

With pleasure!

2qvtra8.jpg

Perfect reminder -- even for me in my thirties! Thanks!

love!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that wasnt Marilyn's face, people wouldn't like her body as much! Sorry to burst your bubble! FYI: this picture.was taken when she was pregnant. Lol she was way thinner preprehnancy