Anyone starting from around 230-250?

Options

Replies

• butterflyliz32
    butterflyliz32 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and my highest weight (in 2006) was 275. I am now at 234 with my first major goal being to get under 200 lbs (seriously - 199.9 will totally do).

Feel free to add me, if you want. I am sure we could all use the added motivation!
  • kassandra81
    Options
    My goodness, I started at 256lbs! You are NOT alone!
  • criddle9905
    Options
    i started at 227...its telling me i am not eating enough calories who knew!urr!!:)
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I count or not... I started at 298 in December. I'm 259 now... so still 9 lbs out of your bracket. :\
  • shaybethxo
    shaybethxo Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    i started at 249, now 241-ish 9 days in. anybody feel free to add me, would love some support!
  • Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    <raises hand> me too!!! got a long way to go, but the first step toward success is................uh, the first step, LOL. Welcome to MFP!
  • johar1
    johar1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I am starting AGAIN at 246. I was once 270 and lost 50 lbs to 220. After not working it very well for the last 2.5 months, I am back to 246.
    YOU are NOT alone at all, at least the 2 of us are in the exact same position.
    This app works I promise, just follow it and be honest with it, and YOU WILL SUCCEED.
    John
  • girlbone
    girlbone Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hiya. I am starting today at 273 and any help and motivation by way of this would be gratefully received. It's great to know that I am not alone. Good luck everyone. xx
  • CookieCrumble
    CookieCrumble Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I was exactly that weight when I started... 237 pounds. I'm trying not to see the massive task ahead, breaking it up into trying for a weight loss every week, however small.

If you'd like another friend, please feel free to add me.
  • dnighbor
    Options
    268 and going to do it Im really excited about doing this my goal is 100 p
  • LadyFluff
    Options
    Hello there just started back up again today my starting weight is 280lbs my goal is 100lbs :) good luck to all please feel free to add me :)))))
  • NancyMarie13
    NancyMarie13 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Around that range :-) I got about 75-100 pounds to lose!
    I'm on all the time. Feel free to add me for support ladies :-)
  • christibam
    christibam Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Hello there just started back up again today my starting weight is 280lbs my goal is 100lbs :) good luck to all please feel free to add me :)))))

To lose 100lbs or get down to weighing 100lbs?!
  • BBoros
    BBoros Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I started at 269 and am down to 263, so add me if you would like. I have a long ways to go.
  • hayleykeanexo
    Options
    Hi i'm 5"10 and weighed in on the 11th of february at 232 pounds... don't know if I have lost weight since then because I don't own my own scales yet but I am definitely in the same boat :)
  • TMayfield42
    Options
    No you are not alone, so we can motivate each other. The only problem I have is controling my appetite, and my love for sweets. If you have any suggestions please let me know. I know We can do it, my weight loss goal is to loose 50 lbs to start with.
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Started last May at Approx 294, probably higher, I'm a big build guy so although I had a huge gut I kinda carried it off and no one ever realised I was that heavy.

Keep going, we all fall,stumble and trip on the way.....

if you get up and keep going forward you're still moving! :)
  • JoniM205
    Options
    I am over 200 as well. I kept a little weight after each of my 4 pregnancies, and then found myself in a happy contented marriage. We enjoy eating out and I am NOT into extreme fitness! In fact, right now I'm recovering from extensive foot surgery. I started using MFP a week ago to count calories, but I'm only able to walk slowly and do stretching exercises. I can only go up from here, right?
  • Crystaliam
    Options
    I am over 250 lbs currently and I am also looking for some motivation. I would like to lose 100 lbs! It sounds so daunting, but it is nice to know that I am not the only one. I am not new to the "trying to lose weight" game, but I am hoping that by tracking my calories and trying to eat sensibly, I will actually get my weight down and develop some lifestyle changes. If anyone has some advice to help me get started, PLEASE share! Thanks! :smile:
  • polkadotladie
    polkadotladie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am new to this website, Hopefully It can keep me on point to meet my goals ! Starting weight at 239 pds, I have a very tough road ahead of me to get healthy. Good Luck to everyone who is trying to shed off the pounds . Hopefully we can all be a support system for each other :D ! It's defiantly hard to lose weight alone.. I find myself struggling with not having the support or someone to help motivate me !