Anyone starting from around 230-250?

Options

Replies

• carleyfunk
    carleyfunk Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I started at 288 and am down to 259. I wish my number were lower. But I have done such a great job and part of my success is because of this website. I love MFP. If you need friends just ask me.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I started @ 283 in March of last year and am down 93#!! It seems crazy when you start...123# to go! That is a person for goodness sakes! But now it reads 30# to go and that doesn't sound as bad although I know this is the time that will be difficult as I get closer and closer to goal.

It is one step at a time, keep eating well and you will get there. Just remember that your body will need time to adjust so be patient with plateaus.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I initially started out in the 250's which is waay bad for someone who's 5'4". I'm currently at 225 and fluctuating. :)
  • Mel6874
    Options
    238 at 5'6.and 37..just started as well, I just wanna inspire my kids to be and stay active. Iam also hoping to get out of my depressed funk Ive been in for waaaay to many years.:tongue:
  • lad9669
    Options
    I am at 233 right now but started somewhere north of 300<though just started here>
  • JellyJaks
    JellyJaks Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and started at 250. Add me as a friend if you'd like :smile:
  • KareenaG
    Options
    You're definitely not alone. I'm 5'10" and started at 235
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    I started at 235 January of 2011. Down to 162 so far. Ultimate goal is about 120. I expect to get there in the next 6-12 months. :)
  • dalmom
    dalmom Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started at 350 I can not wait to get to the 200's Just 7 more to go then i all work to the 100s Good luck
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9" and started at 238ish on January 18th. Now down to 229.
  • iloveboysthtsparkle88
    Options
    I am at 268 and just above 5'6 i am just starting and really likeing this website it is very encouraging to see this worj for so many people i need all the support i can get and this is very helpful:)
  • martyv73
    martyv73 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    i started at 234 in december of 2011. friend me and i'll support you any way i can.
  • riley_ransom
    Options
    started at 237... currently 183
  • lilymarie10
    Options
    I'm starting at 279... I lost 13 pounds so far!
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and started at 229.4 in September - I was using Weight Watchers, but was only really committed for a couple of months. The holidays made me gain some weight back, but I quit WW, joined a gym and changed my eating habits on January 7th & now I'm down to about 204 lbs. Can't wait to get under 200 :) Feel free to add me as a friend. I can definitely relate.
  • gary8964
    Options
    I started out at 264 last August. I am now at 228. For what it's worth, please realize that this journey you are starting on is just that. I believe that it doesn't end when you attain whatever goal you've set. all it means is that another goal has presented itself. This is a lifestyle change that will lead to a healthier you. There are all kinds of people on here that will offer support and advice, it's up to you to decide what to do with it. Enjoy the ride.
  • p_barron
    Options
    I started at 247 and have lost 20lbs in a month (due to mostly water weight) but I love supporting my friends so feel free to add me and know that you are not alone
  • msudaisy28
    msudaisy28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Started at 218 in December. Recently made it to the 100 club and I know you can too! Feel free to add me!
  • babyoso1086
    Options
    I am 5'10'' tall and weigh 265lbs. Feel free to add me, you are not alone.
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and started at 234. Feel free to add me.