Anyone starting from around 230-250?

Options
I just feel like I'm the only one who is starting from such a high number. Is anyone else in the 200's? I'd love to be able to talk, share, and support each other through our weight loss! Just so you know, I'm 5'9" and 236 lbs. (:

-Gabby

Replies

• man_dee_gee
    man_dee_gee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I started at 221.8 in January.... trust me, you aren't the only one! :-)

Feel free to add me as a friend! I know once I came out of the shadows I met some great, supportive people here that really keep me motivated.

Good luck!!!
  • chevvy53
    Options
    hi feel free to add me I started at 217 !!in january Im 5.8. Its a gr8 site isnt it !!
  • kabrandt1
    kabrandt1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and started last week at 227.5
  • TasTam
    TasTam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Gabby, there is a whole gamut of people who are trying to lose weight of all different numbers. I don't know how much weight you want to lose but there is the forum for persons that want to lose over 100 lbs that I'm a part of and I believe all increments. I started at 268 and I'm 5'10". Check it out. The people on this website are super nice and it's very helpful to get the encouragement and understanding of likewise persons.
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Started at over 200 in January and now a little under. Feel free to add me :)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    My highest was 218 in November of 2010. Joined MFP at 210 in December 2010. Many have started much higher than you and lost! Just focus on you and don't compare yourself.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I'm not really adding people, but I started at 294 pounds (I'm 5'10") so I know how daunting this can be, but you CAN do it!

Check out my blog about what worked for me if you would like a little insight:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/CoryIda/view/how-did-you-do-it-200995

I wish you lots and lots and lots of success!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    im 5'6, and actually started close to 280... i know at one point i was higher than that, but i used 176.5 as my starting weight because that was the highest i have written down anywhere. this morning im at 238 but my official weigh in isnt until next sunday
  • candctaber
    Options
    I was at 235 a month ago. I am new on this site. Good luck with your weight loss!
  • kekebell
    Options
    I'm at a way high number, 268. Good luck with your weight loss journey!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I started at 247.8 in June of 2011. I weighed 169 yesterday and have 21.2 to get to my goal. I just wanted to let you know the MFP system works! Stick with it and you will see great results :) Good Luck!
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    started at 220 on feb 2nd... its working for me and love to connect with folks who are active! add me if you like!
  • MRC77
    MRC77 Posts: 51
    Options
    I started at 229, currently 210.. add me if you want
  • richelle67
    Options
    Hi, I am just under 5'6 and started at 236 on Nov. 13, 2011. I am now in "ONEderland" but not by much.(ha, actually 1 lb!) This sight is amazing and so helpful. I am losing weight for the first time in my life with confidence that it will come off all the way and stay off. I am down 2 sizes in tops and pants and can shop in any store I want, even where my daughter shops and she is in college!! Pleae feel free to add me as a friend if you would like more support!:smile:
  • daloverlyme
    daloverlyme Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    It is nice to meet you. I started around 230-250 pounds. I am down to 204 pounds. You can do it!!!! Keep up the hard work, and one day you will be looking back on this day and be amazed by the progress you have made towards a better you.
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I started at 289! I am now 234 and I am 5'11. You can do this! Just take it one day at a time! Feel free to friend me if you want to chat.
  • ford8709
    ford8709 Posts: 140
    Options
    I started at 253 on Jan 3rd. Now I'm 235.5. It is doable. Add me as a friend if you want
    Stasha
  • bellevie23
    bellevie23 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I was starting at 228-229 as of 12/19/11, so it has been a little over 2 months, but I am at 190 now, but I dont mind new friends, Im not great at commenting all the time, but I try :)
  • TiffanyDeanee
    Options
    I am currently 235 and 5'4. Feel free to add me for support.
  • LHAMON2009
    Options
    Hi I am 23 and I started at 250 and am now at 338. Please feel free to add me I am always on and supporting others :)