Anyone starting from around 230-250?

Options

Replies

• nlsalvatore
    nlsalvatore Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I started a year ago at 234.4. You're not alone! I got under 200 in Oct., then went back up a bit with the holidays and am working to get that back off.
  • Javelin3o4
    Javelin3o4 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im there with ya, I'm 5-9 and started one I hit the scale and seen I was at 265lbs. I would start off dieting going to the gym etc..then I would fall off. I got to around 240lbs and slacked off for a while, then decided to start back up.

The one thing that kinda discouraged me was everytime I had went to the gym it was so fricken packed you would have to wait in line to use stuff like the treadmill's, I hated the excersise bikes cause they always hurt my rear.

I stil have my gym membership sometimes I have to go to a differnet 24hr fitness, but the next closest one is an express and is only open til 10PM. But lately Im either going for a couple mile walk or riding my bike which is more fun then just sitting/standing stationary at the gym.

I'm finally at 217, the last time I weighed myself which is the lowest i've ever been for aslong as I can remember. I've already had to get some new pants because my otherones are too big, and now I'm at the point where I may be down another size and I also need to get a new belt since I ran out of holes. I always tried to focus on small number per week or what not for dropping lbs instead of seeing the big number like loosing 100lbs it would just seem to far away so I would just look at losing 5lbs. My friends at work have noticed my weight loss so it helps and makes you feel like the road so far hasnt been for nothing.
  • nlkoelle
    nlkoelle Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11, started at 262 on Feb 1st. My 1st goal is 200 lbs.... I've changed my eating habits and am exercising 2x a day (60+min cardio). I may add some weights at some point, but going to continue with what I have been doing for now.

-Nikki
  • slsmaxwill
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sheri, and though I've lost three pounds in the last month, but feel like I have so much more to lose that it seems unreachable. I would love to have another friend to help with support and encouragement. My goal is to get under 230 by April 15th...five pounds in seven weeks, sounds possible yet each pound is such a struggle. I have to practice patience...and stay OFF the scale!
  • Sul3i
    Sul3i Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Welcome! U made a great choice by joining! I tell everyone about mfp its agreat tool and lots of info which was key to my success! I started last june I'm 5'9" and started at 255! Size 24 jeans.. now I'm a loose 12 tight 10! U can do this!
  • Stormynight314
    Options
    Im actually starting out at around 280 and im 5'3, would love to add friends as well and support others in this journey:flowerforyou:
  • monala09
    monala09 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Im 5'11 and my

starting weight before MFP was 248!
    Starting weight WITH MFP 228
    Currently Im at 223!

Add me!
  • pitbullmom87
    Options
    started at 260 january 1st, down to 234 :) feel free to add me :)
  • DietPep1978
    Options
    I'm not too far away. My heighest recorded weight ever was just over a year ago...229.9. I'm really not too far from that #.
  • cheyniemama
    Options
    I'm up there still after an almost 30 lb los...you are totally not the only one! And I am only 5'4". I sent you a friend request :)
  • nantus
    Options
    My name is Nicole and I started at 250 and am now down to 236 at 5'7". I need a support team and would like some friends on here. I joined the site a while ago, but I am just starting up on it again so not sure how this all works. Please add me and help me along this journey!! Thanks!!!
  • brittlra160
    Options
    hey i am brittany and i am at 245 and 5'7 but i just has 3 kids back to back the last 4 years
    i am hopeing to get down to 160 soon
  • coloschick
    Options
    I am 5'10" and 244 lbs. I started at 259 lbs, but I lost 15 in the first 40 days. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • DinaLKeil
    DinaLKeil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Started at 224 last April and I'm 5'8". :) Feel free to add
  • Comparable2no1
    Comparable2no1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll clock in as the biggest! I weigh 330 lbs...first time I've ever admitted it *tears*. I've been able to pull off lying about being 250 for the longest but I don't want to deny it or lie about it anymore, because I don't plan to weight this much after today.

Add me and join me on my journey!
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My SW was 286 at MFP~290 on my own...CW is 274...I have a long road ahead, but have seen so much success on MFP that I know I can get to my first goal of 190 and keep going until I reach a more healthy 150-175...it will take time and effort, but I can do it and so can you!!
  • Kandygirl
    Kandygirl Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    im like your twin. im 5'9 and was 230 even when i started this before i was pregnant. after losing extra baby weight, im down offically 17 pounds and going strong.
  • iamnoangel
    Options
    Hi Gabby,

You most certainly can add me! I lost 50 lbs 4 years ago and for the last 4 years I have maintained that weight loss. I want to lose 100 lbs in total, but have been stuck. So last sunday I was looking at apps on my ipod touch and found fitness pal. When I lost the last 50 lbs I wrote down everything I put in my mouth! Last Sunday when I found Fitness Pal I thought YES!!! This is gonna be great! After one week I absolutelyyyyyyy love it!! My start weight with fitness pal was 236...so yes you have company, don't feel alone, we have all suffered the ups and downs of weight loss and its great that we can share, successes and failures and tips that will help us get back on track! I look forward to talking with you!
  • BuddhaBelly79
    Options
    Hi there! :drinker: I'm 5'6" and started on January 14th, 2012 at 250 lbs. - It has been 6 weeks roughly and I'm at 231. You are not the only one! I am on this mission and dedicated, even though I truly have NO idea what I'm doing lol. All I know is I eat my recommended amount of calories (no more, no less), and exercise at least 5 days out of 7, and it appears to be working lol. My first goal is to hit 185...the get down to 155 for my final goal. Well, that's who I am and what I'm trying to accomplish....so if you would like to be pals on this journey, feel free to add me! :happy: I'm always glad to have someone who is in a fairly similar "boat" as myself!! Glad to meet you!!
  • mellyexoh
    mellyexoh Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Im from Australia so we go by kilograms, but i converted my weight to 231! I'm 5'7ish I started only last month, but really been getting into in the last 2 weeks! It is alot of work, but I keep motivated by reminding myself the reasons why i'm doing this. It's going to be a long road ahead and I hope I can keep on track :)