Black Team - Week 18

Options

Replies

• Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I'm just so happy to see your face again. :heart:

Bless your heart... you like me, you all really, really like me! (Ok, who made that famous? Trivia question?)

sally field?

DING-DING-DING-DING!!!!

No more calls folks, we have a winner....yes, ma'am...when she won her Oscar for Norma Rae, in her ridiculous acceptance speech. What a dingbat. :laugh:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    yay :smile:

well, i'm headed off to bed, night all
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

Nite!
  • Marla64
    Options

nite-nite:yawn:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I came home from work and FINALLY I have the internet!!!! Too tired to do anything about it now but I look forward to reading your guys' posts properly again!!!!

:heart:
  • loreeb18
    Options
    I came home from work and FINALLY I have the internet!!!! Too tired to do anything about it now but I look forward to reading your guys' posts properly again!!!!

Yea! :drinker:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Marla- I'm so glad to see that you are OK, and back up and posting! :bigsmile:

Take care of yourself!!!

• janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Marla,

Thank God you are OK - I was so worried..

I'm guessing you will blow us out of the water at your next weigh in - and I wonder if this was part of your plateau issue - dang gall bladder getting all big on you..

Big sigh of relief......

Janie
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Yay!! Marla's okay:flowerforyou:

I am so glad you are okay. I have to ask...were they able to do a lapcholesetectomy(sp) (4 little incisions)? I truly hope this was the case, healing time is much faster and easier.

• Marla64
    Options
    Marla- I'm so glad to see that you are OK, and back up and posting! :bigsmile:

Take care of yourself!!!

Thanks, Shuntae!!

Looking good, woman!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Marla,

Thank God you are OK - I was so worried..

I'm guessing you will blow us out of the water at your next weigh in - and I wonder if this was part of your plateau issue - dang gall bladder getting all big on you..

Big sigh of relief......

Janie

You sweet thing, thank you.... and thank you for this week's challenge. Since I am now found, you may all resume your personal nemeses. :wink:

I ate about a half bowl of oatmeal and a bite of a banana and a bite or two of french toast for breakfast...blech. But, I just ate my hamburger for lunch...but they forgot the lettuce and tomato!:grumble: The coleslaw was not happening, tho.

We'll see how weigh in goes... I'm hoping my gall bladder weighed about....um.....18 lbs. That would get me to goal.:wink:

Thanks so much for worrying about little ol' me....really appreciate it.

I'll be going home in a couple hours, and had the cutest surgeon....wow. :laugh:
  • Marla64
    Options

I am so glad you are okay. I have to ask...were they able to do a lapcholesetectomy(sp) (4 little incisions)? I truly hope this was the case, healing time is much faster and easier.

Thanks, Miss Bobbi....

Yessum, they did lap. (I won't even attempt the spelling) I feel better since he pulled out the drainage tube this morning. The gall bladder was so infected that they had to drain the area....it was yukky. They keep telling me, "You were one very sick lady." Yeah, tell me something I don't know.

As long as I have the strength to resume work tonight or tomorrow, all will be well.:ohwell: We're so dead.
  • jimswmn
    jimswmn Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options

Thanks, Miss Bobbi....

Yessum, they did lap. (I won't even attempt the spelling) I feel better since he pulled out the drainage tube this morning. The gall bladder was so infected that they had to drain the area....it was yukky. They keep telling me, "You were one very sick lady." Yeah, tell me something I don't know.

As long as I have the strength to resume work tonight or tomorrow, all will be well.:ohwell: We're so dead.

And to think you ran a 5K the day before the last attack...yeah no excuse from any of us :noway:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Marla. I was poking around & found this little tid bit:

Usually after gallbladder removal patients cannot digest high fat, large meals, and certain types of foods. More often, removal of the gallbladder causes weight loss. Bile still flows into the intestine, but fat digestion may be less efficient.

Adopting a healthy low fat diet and an exercise routine is good for your overall health.

I was trying to figure out if an inflammed gall bladder would cause the "P-word" that you've been on. Still diggin'!
  • janiebeth
    Options

Usually after gallbladder removal patients cannot digest high fat, large meals, and certain types of foods. More often, removal of the gallbladder causes weight loss. Bile still flows into the intestine, but fat digestion may be less efficient.

Adopting a healthy low fat diet and an exercise routine is good for your overall health.

I was trying to figure out if an inflammed gall bladder would cause the "P-word" that you've been on. Still diggin'!

Cool - nothing like having a doctors prescription to do what you are already doing.. You go Marla.. Hope you are home soon.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    i know this isn't my team, but i lurk around here sometimes--and the missing marla caught my attn (i wondered why she was absent from the sahm/d board).

anyway, marla, i'm glad surgery went alright. love and prayers to you and your family. get well :heart:
  • janiebeth
    Options
    Stacey,

Lurkers always welcome here.. thanks for your well wishes, and feel free to post anytime..

Janie
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

the being unable to digest fatty foods was definitely true for me, although i didn't give them up. every time i ate fast food, it would be a mad dash to the nearest bathroom (totally TMI :laugh: ) don't know why i kept doing it to myself.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    So, this might be off colored for some of you, but I found great humor...

celebrity-pictures-adam-west-julie-newmar-bat-gadget.jpg

hehehe
  • loreeb18
    Options
    Is that Andrew and Beth? :laugh: